“Amazing hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Marsa Alam Nubian Resort

You added Hilton Marsa Alam Nubian Resort to your Saves list
Hilton Marsa Alam Nubian Resort
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   KM 97 Qusir Marsa Alam RD Abo Dabab, Marsa Alam 84712, Egypt   |
Special Offer
Save 25% on Weekend Stays
Ranked #6 of 66 Hotels in Marsa Alam
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
“Amazing hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I would like to recommend Hilton Marsa Alam for everyone , it was really an amazing experience for me and my family. Hotel is amazing , staff so friendly and services are wonderful I tried it once 6 months ago and since that date i have visited it again for second time and recommend it for more visits

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

MartinRogers, General Manager at Hilton Marsa Alam Nubian Resort, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Thank you for your 'Amazing Review' and kind words.

It is always great to see our guests re-visit us and hope that you have an opportunity to visit us again soon

regards

Martin Rogers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

it is my first stay at Hilton Marsa Alam Nubian Resort. The location is considered somehow far, but it is still good. Overall I enjoyed it very much. The stuff is kind, but not so much helpful, they need some knowledge. Food is excellent at breakfast & dinner. WiFi access should be more than that one day free of charge. Advantages are more than the disadvantages.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your review and kind comments

I would just like to confirm that the WiFi is free 24 hours a day, 7 days aweek in all lounge, bar and outlet areas in the main builidng. Sorry for any confusion.

regards

Martin Rogers
Warsaw, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

It was our second stay in this hotel and again we were positively surprised from the very beginning. Although we have not specified any requirements regarding the room, we got a room overlooking both the main pool and the sea (building number 17) - something we had not expected at all.

There are many reasons why I would recommend the hotel to everyone and all of them have already been mentioned in other reviews - the staff is great, the reef is beautiful and easily accessible (once you get to the beach...), there is a wide selection of pools, rooms are spacious and clean, everyone is very friendly and helpful.
As far as staff is concerned, I would like to mention 2 men that deserve special recognition:
- Emad (room boy) - very warm man, always asking if everything is ok, if we need anything, if he should take care of something. It really looked as if he could do anything to make our stay better.
- Mohamet Salim (waiter in the lobby area) - very delightful person, we couldn't help smiling whenever we saw him and he respodned with sincere smile as well; he was always making sure that we have everything we need.
Service of these two guys was really exceptional and definetely they were an 'added value' to our stay in the hotel.

The hotel is almost perfect (as for an all inclusive Egyptian hotel), but I need to mention 3 issues that we found pretty annoying during our stay:
1) The lack of non-smoking area(s) in the lobby area.
2) The animation team was pretty annoying. I don't understand what's the point in persuading people to take part in the animation, if they clearly state that they don't want to? It was really irritating that everyday, before every animation, we had to explain ourselves why we don't want to do step aerobic, belly dance, water polo or any other activity. Moreover, one animator was often making comments like "why are you so lazy?" or "you are a hopeless case", loud enough to make other people hear it and to make us feel guilty that we do not engage in the activities. It was really impolite.
3) 'Booking' the sunbeds in the morning by putting towels on them is a problem of each hotel in Egypt and probably nothing can be done about that. But the worrying thing during our stay was that even the pool staff were engaged in that 'competition'. One day I noticed that around 7.00 am pool staff were putting fresh towels on several sunbeds. But when we tried to get our towels at 7.30 the same day, we were told that they are available from 8.00 am...

Despite the above mentioned issues, I would defenitely recommend the hotel to everyone and I hope I will a have a chance to visit it for the third time.

Room Tip: Probably building number 17 is the best, so ask for rooms starting with 17...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
AzzaHussein, Personal Assistant to the GM at Hilton Marsa Alam Nubian Resort, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
We are very pleased to see how much you have enjoyed your holiday with us.
We really do appreciate your time and efforts informing us about your experience, as we are very much keen to take every guest comment into our consideration to keep our standards as high as you would expect.
I have personally discussed and passed all your comments about the animation and sunbeds with the relevant concerned departments to avoid such incidents in the future.
Please rest assured that Hilton Maras Alam management team are always keen to make it right to our valuable guests.
Looking forward to welcoming you back again to your second home!
Bath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I received a very warm welcome from Michael Fayek, the Assistant Front Office Manager at the hotel. I was delighted by the suite I was allocated (3602) and treated so well. It is definitely worth joining the Hilton Honours programme. The whole complex had a lovely spacious feel to it and there are plenty of sun loungers round the pool and on the beach. People tend to get up early to get their preferred seat on the beach.

Other reviews have already mentioned the cleanliness, the great facilities, especially the choice of pools and bars. There is a little walk to the sea to get around the coral but it's worth it. Someone mentioned that the coral reef gets crowded - you need to chose your time - half an hour before lunch and the sea was empty!

The same applies to the dining room. The Marsa restaurant has long opening hours so you either need to get there bang on opening time or leave it until a little later. After trying one of the alternative evening restaurants (Noba), I decided to stick with the Marsa. The food variety was fine. Sometimes it was spot on (BBQ fish/ salads/ roast chicken/ Chinese/ hot and cold puddings), sometimes it was worth avoiding (pasta station/ beef lasagne). The staff work tirelessly to ensure everyone is satisfied and that all food stations and the floor are clean. The booking system for the alternative restaurants was only open from 1pm - 3pm on the day. I didn't really understand why there was such a small booking window . I can also recommend the Coral beach bar for food and snacks in the daytime. Hani was the friendly manager and nothing was too much trouble.

The same can be said about the reception/ concierge staff (Michael, Ahmed, Mina) and the housekeeper extraordinaire, Ibrahim.

If you want a relaxing holiday, where you can get peace and quiet after 10.30pm, this is a good choice. There is a little bit of light entertainment earlier on; its entertaining for the kids. The massages were not advertised in the welcome pack but the staff do come round the pool to make bookings. I thought 4 massages for the price of 3 was a good deal and the pool side massage tent was quiet early in the morning. I preferred it to the official hot stuffy massage hut with a tragic sound track. Doaa was a good masseuse. On both the beach and the pool-side there are some relentless sales staff (the beauty place, especially) but you can get a placard to hang on your umbrella informing them that you do not want to be disturbed.

I booked the travel separately and the Hilton arranged the taxi to and from the airport. I heard that the Resort Hoppa was reliable too.

A few of us had a 4 hour flight delay and the hotel responded marvellously - our All Inclusive package remained up until the minute we left, unlike another tour company we heard stopped serving the guests with refreshments at midday. I also was allowed a very late room check out.

Thank you to the Hilton staff - I will see you soon!

Room Tip: If you join the Hilton Honours programme you get a late check out and preferential treatment
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
AzzaHussein, Personal Assistant to the GM at Hilton Marsa Alam Nubian Resort, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
We are very pleased to see how much you have enjoyed your holiday with us. I will personally make sure that all your positive comments to all hotel team members and, especially those you have mentioned, are delivered. Looking forward to welcoming you back to your second home! Best Regards
El Gouna
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Together with my Husband we traveled from El Gouna Egypt to Marsa Alam Hilton Hotel for a week on the 3rd of june 2013.
The hotel is very clean and in general comfortable. However for having visited before other 5stars hotels on the red sea coast and over the world, we were disappointed by the quality and diversity of the food in the main restaurant. The food is not diversified at all and most of the time cold. Sometimes you have to wait a long time to get seated or to get the thing you want to eat because the plateau are empty. One day I ordered a glass of rosé one and had to order another one cause it was cut with water...Compared to other similar hotels, here you have only the main restaurant but no others like Italian, or Thaï like you can find normally in this kind of hotels. The egyptian Souk or the Breeze restaurants are not really restaurants.
The most disappointing for us was the diving center. We are both diving instructors and have both been working in Marsa Alam before, but the manager cannot explain simply is program (Which is anyway so complicated and expensive for majority of shore dive). Other divers around us did not understand the organization also and we decided then to go and dive in Marsa Shargra, 15minutes away, where the service is really professional.
The all inclusive is not a real all inclusive and you really have to have a serious look at the explanation when you arrive because you can not drink for free at all bar and at all time. People chose all inclusive especially in a place like Marsa Alam because there is nothing around, and it should not be limited to a time period in the day or to a certain pool.
Also we have seen waiter preparing cocktails for guests and putting them a ridiculous amount of alcohol inside.
There is no SPA in the hotel, just an open tent on the main pool and another on the beach where you can get a massage surrounded by the noise and other guests. Is not a massage supposed to the in a zen and intimate atmosphere?
The only thing good for me about the place is the cleanliness, the number of pools and the snorkeling spot.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
We would like to thank you for sharing your experience during your stay with us. We are very sorry to see that our food quality did not meet your expectations. I an assure you that all your comments have been discussed and reviewed with the Executive Chef and the Food & Beverage Manager to further improve our service standers and food quality. However, please bear in mind that serving numerous of different types of guests is always a challenge, for which we are trying to meet every guest expectations and taste.
The all-inclusive package available, agreed with the agents and displayed in all their advertisements, offering, meals, soft drinks and local alcoholic products up till midnight . All guests receives a detailed copy from the all-inclusive program upon check in from reception.
Bratislava, Slovakia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

First time going to Egypt, and hearing stories about bad hotels (even with 4 and 5 *), we were choosing the hotel for our holiday with two 3 years old children very carefully. I can only say that we can recommend Hilton to everyone. Not only you can see that it is new and not worn out, but also services were great. It was our first holiday in a hotel after 8 years, we prefer rather private rentals, but I can say that we found privacy at all the pools. It was not crowded and you could find enough loungers at all the pools at any time. The architecture made you feel like not being in a huge resort as well, and four pools gave you enough options not to get bored at the same pool after a time.
As for the staff, they were all friendly and helpfull. When seeing that you are tired or not up to a small chat about the weather or joining the animation program, they would let you be. But when seeing that you would like to have a short conversation, everyone would have always a appropriate joke and smile.
One of the most nice persons was Mr. Galal (Executive Chef). Not only the meals in the restaurant were great, he was also always personally looking after the food in the restaurant. So my wife had informations about local cousine and had a small chat, which is always interesting to know. And our twins also liked very much to go and say hi to the "nice man in white", who had no problem to offer to cook anything for the kids if they wouldn´t like any from offered meals (which never happened).
All in all, I would recommend to anyone who is a little bit affraid of Egypt due to horror stories from people who experienced even at local 5* resorts not so good services.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
AzzaHussein, Personal Assistant to the GM at Hilton Marsa Alam Nubian Resort, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
We are very pleased to see how much you have enjoyed your stay with us. It's quite challenging to serve numerous of different nationalities and taste types and be always pleased whenever we meet our guest's expectations.
Definitely, your positive comments have been passed to our Executive Chef and looking forward to welcoming you and your lovely family again at your second home!
Bucharest, Romania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Together with my girlfriend we stayed at the Hilton Nubian on the week of 3rd of June.
I liked the architecture of the buildings, the pools, the rooms with their traditional inspired architecture, the small Nubian restaurant, the beach (I know there are comments regarding the distance from the resort but for every minute spent snorkeling it is worth walking the distance). This is pretty much about the positive aspects.
Last year we've been to a Kempinski Hotel in Akaba, Jordan so I could not help comparing the two hotel. And here are my thoughts: the food really does not meet up the requirements of a 5star hotel. Please don't think it was poor or badly cooked, it was just international and nothing special. The service not always prompt in the main restaurant. regarding the room service. In our last night we came back from a trip from Luxor and had the surprize not finding shower gel. I asked at the reception to bring in next morning. Never seen them in morning either...Another thing I did not enjoyed was having a card for towels. Had to take care of not loosing those either, otherwise I would had to pay 10$. Also not all the pools have the facility to let towels. Only at the main pool and on the beach there is a kiosk for that. (At Kempinski not only they don't have these cards, but the employees by the beach were escorting the guests to a chair and offering each an extra towel used as a pillow). We stayed at the beach mostly and found there is no service, so you had to walk every time to the bar. And really reused and scratched plastic cups!?? That's poor quality service for a 5 star hotel. The Nubian restaurant: good idea giving the fact that the main restaurant serves international food. But the whole reservation process, makes it loose the interest. Another comparison: We had late flights in both trips: Kempinski offered us the Spa facilities or a room depending on the number of the customers at the Spa to take a shower and change. For FREE! At Hilton 10$ / 1hour for late check out. When we left from the Kempinski hotel they offered us bottles of water and napkins. At Hilton I heard the gentleman from concierge saying "Hope to see you again!"
In the end, all reading this review please consider this my experience and not necessarily a hotel to avoid.

Room Tip: rooms on the south are closer to the beach.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for completing a review on your recent visit to our Hotel. We are sorry that your were disappointed on your recent visit to our hotel and can understand why you would like to do a comparison between a B&B Hotel to a All inclusive hotel and I am sure you would have realized the price difference of both of these hotels.

We appreciate your comments, which will enable us to review our service standards.
Regards

Been to Hilton Marsa Alam Nubian Resort? Share your experiences!