“Amazing Holiday!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Marsa Alam Nubian Resort

You added Hilton Marsa Alam Nubian Resort to your Saves list
Hilton Marsa Alam Nubian Resort
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   KM 97 Qusir Marsa Alam RD Abo Dabab, Marsa Alam 84712, Egypt   |
Special Offer
Save 25% on Weekend Stays
Ranked #6 of 66 Hotels in Marsa Alam
Manchester
“Amazing Holiday!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

We have just returned from two weeks at the Hilton Marsa Alam Nubian Resort and all we can say is WOW! Lets start:

Arrived at the Hotel at 5:30pm and by 5:40 we were checked in and on our way to our rooms. The check in process was the fastest we have ever experienced and after a long day travelling was just what we needed. We travelled as a family of 5 in 3 rooms and the hotel had allocated us all rooms in the same block so that we could be close together.

The room we were in (3305) exceeded our expectations. It was spacious and had everything we needed. The bed was very comfy and although on our first night it was two single beds, when we returned on our second day it was made into a double bed. The balcony was large as well and we had a sea view even though we were on the ground floor. Bathroom was plenty big enough and we had a bath and a shower so catered for both of us as I love and bath but the hubby loves a shower. The room was cleaned daily and towels replaced daily, our cleaner Bohaa (i think) done an excellent job and on our last day done some amazing towel art.

The restaurant was spacious and we were able to get a table together as a 5 every night. The food was OK, plenty of choice but towards the end it became a bit much. After a few days at Breakfast my hubby didn't need to order his fried eggs as they were just ready for him (including beef bacon mixed into the egg whites). We thoroughly recommend the Souk Cafe as an alternative although after we had eaten here we couldn't move for the sheer volume of the food. Tasted amazing though and well worth a visit.

The shopping mall has everything that you need, including a small shop for snacks or drinks for your room. The shop owners are very friendly but if you tell them no they will leave you alone.

Onto the swimming pools. We based the majority of our time around the big pool whilst my mum, dad and nan were around one of the smaller ones. Our barman Tarek was always smiling and the majority of the time he had our drinks waiting before we had even swam upto the bar. Ask him for a Tequila Bomber (if you can drink it all, you may need help getting out of the pool!). Our reasoning for basing ourselves around the main pool was for the animation team!

The animation team were absolutely incredible. At 10:15 every morning out they came smiling, cheerful and happy, performing their club dance before going round every pool to say hello to every holiday maker. This was a nice touch as it showed that they cared about everyone not just those in the main pool. The range of daily activities were on par with most hotels we have been too, although they actually get in and do it with you (especially Cookie and his Aqua-Gym) . The evening entertainment was top notch as well, ranging from belly dancing to an African show on the beach! They also do a movie quiz which was interactive rather than sitting down and writing the answers on paper also very funny if you have had a drink. We have to mention just some of the team who made this holiday so memorable for us - Sameh, SemSem, Cookie and Capo - thank you guys for always making us laugh, throwing us in the pool almost daily and even coming to say goodbye when we were waiting for our taxi to the airport.

The only down point was we were going to go on a quad bike excursion but my mum hurt her foot which meant she couldn't put her shoes on... the agent was kind enough to refund the deposit that we had paid but then would not leave us alone badgering us into booking another excursion for a shorter time but at the same price as the longer one. Got pretty annoying in the end where we took to hiding from him as he didn't seem to understand no.

I will definitely visit this hotel again as the staff here go over and above the line of duty to make your holiday a comfortable one and can't wait to book up to go back.

Room Tip: Rooms are in blocks, the 32-34 have a sea view but are the furthest away from the restaurants.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
MartinRogers, General Manager at Hilton Marsa Alam Nubian Resort, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
Thank you for completing a review on your recent visit to our hotel.

We are very glad to see that your famly enjoyed your stay. I would agree that the Souk Cafe is a great experience to try some local food and culture, even if this means addign a little weight on.

Thank you for your kind comments on the team members and I will ensure they are passed on to them.

I am sorry that the Quad biking company were over keen on selling trips with you, We will ensure that this is discussed with their owner and that they inform their theam.

We hope to see you back soon

Martin Rogers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Ryazan, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

We were relaxing 24/09-2/10/2012 in this hotel.
Staff is really friendly and tries to keep Hilton's reputation.
In my opinion, The restraunt has some small problem with waiters during of "rush hour's", but It's not so critical .
The room is large and stylish. The hotel territory is not green enough, but It will be changed later. (Hotel is really new).. Food(especially dinner)is excellent.
The general plus of hotel is location near of Abu Dabab bay , It' means, you have possibility of exellent snorkling near of the rif or with sea turtles. My reccomendations, If you want to dive without big turistic group around, you should wake up early and start 6-00 , water will be cristal clear , turtles will be not so far.(I have seen 3-4 every day).
I am really satisfied of my rest in this place.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
MartinRogers, General Manager at Hilton Marsa Alam Nubian Resort, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Thank you for your kind comments and we are fortunate to be located is such a nice area. The Abu Dabab Bay offers some of the best diving and snorkelling in the area and is located on our door step.

Durham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

These are the opening lines of nearly every Egyptian person I have encountered since visiting Egypt since the 70’s! The Hilton at Marsa Alam was no different, albeit my first time in Marsa Alam the Hilton was an oasis in the desert! Marsa Alam is not the Beverley Hills of Egypt as Sharm is the Las Vegas, but the Hilton does provide the benchmark of what Hotels in Marsa Alam should strive to achieve.
As usual the Egyptian staff are excellent, I could easily single out individuals but the GM has got an excellent team and they all deserve praise. When we arrived we were taken to our room, it was nice but bijou so we upgraded to a Junior Suite. Having previously stayed at the Conrad (Hilton) Rangali in a water Bungalow I can honestly say that the Junior Suite at the Hilton Nubian is up to that exclusive standard! The reception staff have been obviously selected for their wit, humour and willingness to help, albeit being known as Mr Strawberry for the entire holiday!
I have experienced better food at other hotels in Egypt but it is still pretty good. Tuesday night (Asian) was definitely the best main restaurant dining experience. The Shell Pool bar ran by Nour and Tarek deserves a special mention as they have the formula spot on down there and I whole heartedly recommend more than one visit. I was in Sharm in July and managed to acquire the ‘Gypo Belly’ definitely didn’t get it this time. Which is down to the cleanliness and hygiene of the whole establishment, well done?
Gamal in the main restaurant is one of the best genial hosts that I have ever encountered. He has a very happy, amiable disposition which he uses to the Hiltons advantage in making the customer feel very special. He also took time out to pass on some excellent knowledge and history of the Suez Canal and surrounding areas.
The Gym deserves a special mention as it’s the worst Gym I have ever encountered at a Hilton Hotel. Why do they have the running machines facing the wall? The AC is inadequate for the room and the gym overall has the ambiance of a dead cod. Please, someone take some time out to review and change it.
Thank you to all the staff at the Hilton Nubian, I have stayed in a lot of hotels in Egypt and you guys are definitely the jewel in the Hotel Crown of Egypt, and a special mention to Michael the Night Manager thanks for running around and getting my money changed so I could tip the guys!
The only really down side about Marsa Alam is the Thompson flight from Gatwick. It was downright appalling and I will definitely return but use the proposed new operation starting from Manchester in 2013. Let’s hope they can invest in a decent aircraft, the present one needs to go direct to the scrap heap.
Please visit Marsa Alam and the Hilton but unfortunately in my eyes the Hilton Nubian is Marsa Alam! And if you’re a diver, do not use the dive centre on site, go to Emperor Divers. The stories from divers using Ocean Divers are frightening, and Emperor is one of the top dive teams in Egypt.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a Junior Suite, well worth the extra expense
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
MartinRogers, General Manager at Hilton Marsa Alam Nubian Resort, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you for your review and kind ocmments.

I have followed up your questions about the gym and can conifrm that the layout was desgined by Precore, who are the suppliers of the actual equipment. But - the treadmills are meant to have individual TV monitors on and we are still waiting for the delivery. The only music permitted in our gyms is the TV located on the wall and this should be tuned to a music channel. To avoid any other complaints, guests would normally be usign their own music system with ear phones.

Unfortunately we struggle with the air con temperature as some guest are saying it is too cold and some are saying it is too hot. We now keep it on the temperature as recommended by Precore.

We are gald that you enjoyed your visit to our hotel and hope to see you back again soon

Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

OK here we go ! Semsem is my HERO! The funniest guy in the world. Smart,Inteligent and helpful :) I love him and He knows that ;) The animation team is really great. They can entertaint every single person who's on holidays. Even the biggest loser :P haha Titoo's music - wow ;) great style. Said's dancing - amazing! Capo-awww miss you guys! what can i say! I will definitely go back to THEM because it is worth it !!!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review and kind comments

Marlborough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

From a wheel chairs user’s point of view.
Transfer to hotel: Our Travel Agent had explained that I was unable to manage steps in to a coach. Instead a Minibus was provided; again with unmanageable steps (a car would have been good). Fortunately strong husband and strong sons lugged me in to the Minibus like a sack of potatoes.
Hotel - Arrival: Surprise -the hotel staff did not expect me in a wheel chair. Despite being forewarned by our Travel Agent. Good news – we were upgraded to a ‘suite’.
The suite: two rooms instead of one. Both large enough to manoeuvre a wheel chair (Size24 inches wide). They provided a ramp for easy access to the suite.
Bathroom: Basins -too high to reach the taps easily.
Loo -the glass panels separating the loo from bathroom area were difficult to negotiate.
Shower –needed to remove one foot plate to get in and out. Only one grab rail.
I showered in my wheel chair. Dries quickly in the heat. No alternative way to shower.
Beautiful bath with Jacuzzi – sadly I was unable to use it but good for the a/bs (able bodied)
Hotel facilities –lifts; marble floors make it easy to propel. There are a few shops, ATM and several bars. The Dining room staff always willing to help. Food - faultless
Hotel grounds -several slopes, paths vary – some a bit bumpy, others smooth.
Swimming Pools: several pools.You have to work out your own system to get into the water.
Beach – some distance from the Hotel. Transport for the a/bs, nothing for wheelchairs users. It is about 300 yards/ 274 metres walk on a good path to the sandy beach then a further 3oo yards/274 metres walk to the sea. The last stretch requires someone strong to pull the wheelchair.
Bars are on the beach. That’s good for rehydrating. Also there is a large loo block. Not specifically for wheel chairs but big enough. No hand rails.
Sea – warm, clear and calm. Beautiful coral and we saw several turtles.
We have stayed in Egypt five times before. This has been the best hotel so far but you will need help if you wish to get down to the sea.

Room Tip: Ensure you tell them you are in a wheelchair as your requirements are specific. Having said that we...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
I would like to thank you for completing a review on our hotel.

It is always important that a agent/tour operator informs the hotel in advance of any special requirements, so that we can ensure that you have a great arrival and experience. I am sorry to see that we were not informed and unable to allocate you one of the 4 disabled/wheelchair assessable rooms, which would also have all the relevant facilities (unfortunately the agents do not always tell us, even though they do tell the guests that they have).

I am glad to see that the reception team were able to identify this issue on your arrival and took the relevant action to allocate you to a suite, which would have the nearest suitable requirements.

I hope that this did not ruin your experience at our hotel and I would also like to thank you husband and sons for their help in this situation.

We have requested from the hotel owning company for a wooden path added to the beach area to enable guests to have a smoother walk to the beach front. We hope that this will be installed over the next couple of months.

We hope you have the opportunity to visit us again in the future

Regards

Cracow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I would like to recommend you this hotel :)
Rooms are big, clean and well-equipped . Stuff is very friendly and helpful. All people working there do their best to make guests happy and pleased:) Food is diversified and tasty- everybody can find something for himself.
Beach is quite nice, there are a lot of turtles ! There are 4 pools, at the bigest one everyday take place some activites (like aqua gym, stretching, water polo, belly dance etc) Drinks in bars are very varied and tasty.
Animation team is amazing. No one can be bored with them:) Special greetings and respect for Semsem who is professional, polite and what is the most important very very funny. My family and I loved him! It was my 4th time in Egypt and here the animation team was the best (Hotel was the best as well:)
My vacation in Hilton was amazing and i'm going to come back here very soon :) Thank You

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
We have received your review and kind comments

Great to see you enjoyed your time with us and we hope to see you again in the future

Ekeren, Antwerp
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

The Hilton Nubian most definitely is a great place to be. The rooms are very nice and spacious, the terrace is incredible and the pools are also very nice. The Abu Dabbab reef is unbelievable. The pool boys are very attentive and there is constantly personel working on the gardens. The service and food in the pool restaurant is perfect.
Nonetheless the service at the main restaurant does not meet the Hilton standard. The personel is very friendly but does not seem to understand how to serve guests. When we were seated 1/2 times there were no glasses on the table. Hence we had to wait for over 15 minutes before someone even asked what we wanted to drink, if we were lucky we got our drinks before our meal was finished. 9/10 times we had to ask for drinks ourselves and there is no possibility to get your own drink. We were told this is not the Hilton standard. Also the food itself did not meet the standards that we know several other hotel chains in Egypt have. I think that the staff needs more training and they need an international chef since all dishes (even the bread) had an 'arabic aftertaste'. One other thing that is expected from an all-in hotel is a mini bar, there is a fridge in the room but it is completely empty.
Also the people of the massage center are very annoying after a few days. At an average of 5 times a day they keep asking you to get a massage and they have a hard time taking no for an answer.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
MartinRogers, General Manager at Hilton Marsa Alam Nubian Resort, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Thank you for your review and comments

I was concerned to read your comments concerning the service received in the Marsa Restaurant and I will ensure that this is reviewed and addressed by the F&B Manager immediately. I am glad to hear that service in all the other 5 food outlets was acceptable.

I confirm that the standard All Inclusive package does not include a mini-bar and that guests are able to upgrade to the Nubian All Inclusive package, which includes wine in all outlets and a daily mini bar.

Regards

Martin Rogers

Been to Hilton Marsa Alam Nubian Resort? Share your experiences!