I have just returned from a week at the Resta Grand. I travelled solo and wasnt sure what it would be like on my own as first time holidaying alone. Check in was swift, however when they took me to my room it was so rushed i felt like we ran up the stairs and my suitcase was just chucked in.
Food was ok, enjoyed the pastries, fruit and varieties of egg for breakfast. Evening meals were ok. Ate pasta nost evenings as was cooked fresh for you and you could choose what you had in it. Other food was ok but decriptions werent great and when you asked any of the chefs what it was they just sort of looked at you, their english isnt great.
The hotel was practically empty with everything going on in their country but i felt perfectly safe and there were no problems in the area as it is so far away from Cairo.
The pool is lovely and relaxing although sometimes the music is a little loud, and you get people coming round offering massages and facials and excursions etc always trying to persuade you to buy something. They dont like to accept no.
The beach was beautiful but small and was initially looking forward to long walks but that wasnt meant to be. It is also very rocky so you need shoes to paddle really as a bit hard on the feet.
On the final day, even though there were hardly any guests in the hotel I still had to check out at 12 unless I wanted to pay extra for late check out at 3. This was a bit frustrating as transfer didnt leave till half 6 so you feel like half the day is wasted. I was told i could shower in the gym facilities which i did but the shower was awful! Seriously need improving if you are going to tell people they can use those facilities to get ready before they go. Also there are only 2 showers in there so would have been stuck if more people did what I did.
I did feel I was asked a lot of questions by staff, personal questions, as I was on my own. Like if i had a bf or was married, kds etc. One even asked me for my facebook during the week and continued to ask me until i left. I didnt think that was very good staff etiquette.
Overall I had a nice relaxing time which was what I needed but not sure I would go back when it is high season and there are supposed to be more guests as think it would just be too manic.
- Also Known As:
- Resta Grand Hotel Marsa Alam
- Resta Grand Hotel
- Resta Grand Resort All Inclusive
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 700 spacious, comfortable guest rooms, fitted with modern amenities• Standard single room: 46 sqm• Twin room: 46 sqm• Family room: 52 sqm• Individually controlled air conditioning• 32 inch LCD flat screen TV• Satellite television• Hairdryer• Iron and ironing board upon request• Safety deposit box• Mini bar• Tea & Coffee making facilities• Sound system and telephone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Booking.com so you can book your Resta Grand Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.