I spent a week at he Resta Grand with my mum in December. On arrival the hotel is clean and you are offered a drink before being taken to your room on a golf buggy. The reception staff then call the room to check you are happy with everything. The rooms are very clean and has everything you would need really. The only thing I could fault is the beds are hard but that's preference and some people was finding them very comfortable.
Due to the time of year there were hundreds of sunbeds free and towels are provided. The pool staff are excellent giving drinks before you have even ordered and they was never asking for tips like I have experienced in other hotels. They also bring ice cream at 1pm in all different flavours. The pool is lovely although I never got in plenty of people was using the heated pool. They do try and sell various things to you from massages to quad biking and a la carte restaurants which are not included in the all inclusive. I know they are trying to make money but after two days of them asking me every couple of hours I did tell them I've said no already. They keep telling you it's not a lot of money but the consensus of most people around the pool was if they gave you one a la carte meal in your all inclusive they might have more luck.
The food in the restaurant wasn't the best. It was never hot but they do seen to be trying to improve by asking guest opinions. You can also get your own drinks which I did the last few days after my mum telling a waiter to back off me my drinks didn't seem to come as quick.
Overall this hotel was lovely and with just a few improvements could live up to its five stars.
- Also Known As:
- Resta Grand Hotel Marsa Alam
- Resta Grand Hotel
- Resta Grand Resort All Inclusive
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 700 spacious, comfortable guest rooms, fitted with modern amenities• Standard single room: 46 sqm• Twin room: 46 sqm• Family room: 52 sqm• Individually controlled air conditioning• 32 inch LCD flat screen TV• Satellite television• Hairdryer• Iron and ironing board upon request• Safety deposit box• Mini bar• Tea & Coffee making facilities• Sound system and telephone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Expedia so you can book your Resta Grand Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.