We had 7 days in the Grand Resta Hotel Marsa Alam and we were very impressed with the whole holiday. We went in November for some Winter sun and were not disappointed, 28degrees every day, hotel was about 75% full so there was never an issue with space or getting sun loungers etc.
The 10minute transfer from the airport is great, the check-in at the hotel reception was swift providing you filled in the admisison form on the coach to the hotel. We were then whisked to our rooms on golf carts and our luggage arrived within 10mins. Great first impression.
The rooms were large and very clean and modern, the cleaning staff maintained a great service all week. 2 bottles of bottled water in the room every day was a bonus as its not advisable to drink the water over in Egypt.
The pool area was fantastic, clean, good atmosphere, swim up pool bar. You get pestered alittle by the annimation staff and also by the agents in the hotel arcade to have massages, tours etc. Give them a few days then they start to leave you alone.
We never had any issues with the restaurant at all, there was always plenty of food, lots of choice, tasty and importantly clean. The only issue which several people have commented is there never appears to be enough glasses in the hotel, the staff were always having to rush off and find more juice, wine beer glasses. Occassionaly you would get beer in a wine glass, I can live with that.
Great snorkeling from the jetty on the beach, take your own jelly shoes as lots of coral around.
All in all a great hotel, great super quiet location we will be back.
tip, Buy your entry visa from the bank on the left in the airport as they are cheaper than the travel agents who sell them to you at the airport.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 396 Spacious, comfortable guest rooms, fitted with modern amenities• Standard single room: 46 sqm• Twin room: 46 sqm• Family room: 52 sqm• Individually controlled air conditioning• 32 inch LCD flat screen TV• Satellite television• Hairdryer• Iron and ironing board upon request• Safety deposit box• Mini bar• Tea & Coffee making facilities• Sound system and telephone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Resta Grand Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Resta Grand Hotel Marsa Alam
- Resta Grand Resort All Inclusive