I feel happy for we got everything we had wanted to get from the trip. The absence of any hotels around makes the place ideal for long walks near the sea.
The beach is clean, and the lagoon prevents waves from hitting swimmers against the jetty ladder, bruise free snorkelling is guaranteed =) The coral reef is rich and alive but, not in the lagoon itself but approximately 200 yards away, on both sides of it. We swam with turtles and took wonderful underwater photos.
The garden is well-trimmed. How do they manage to keep those plants alive in the middle of the Sahara? I asked a gardener, but my Arabic classes at school shouldn't have been played truant that often. =(
We enjoyed the food, which is a rare case in Egypt - no tummy bugs at all. Well done meat and poultry, as well as crabs were tasty. However, three times I noticed undercooked chicken and fish. =(
There were plenty of vegetables, salads made from them and fresh fruits. For pancake lovers it will be a feast, hardly ever did we enjoy such delicious round ones. The waiters are fast and friendly, a $ enhances these qualities by 15% =)
The hotel guests are all from Europe; I saw no local families. Most of the guests, except for Italians and Russians, speak English. We made friends with two wonderful Dutch couples.
You might like loud Italian talk-shows next to the pool bar. Language expertise isn't required, for it is all not about figuring out their meaning but pure expression of Southern temper and love for life itself. At first I hated their noise but finally ended up as their devoted viewer. They well compensate for the lack of the animation team's determination. Right, the animateurs take it all easy out there,
There's a free, well-equipped gym and a spa-salon (I heard not all people were satisfied with the spa service).
What a joy not to have free wi-fi. We saved 60 euros and a whale of nerves by not reading online news about euro-crisis (haven't noticed any signs of it on the guests' faces either, it might be well - staged mass hysteria in the media ?) The TV in our room was also out of sight - out of mind, isn't it healing?
All in all - the hotel is ideal for yoga, meditation, reading, snorkelling and watching the world going by. Ideal value for this money (15 days, all-inclusive, two people, 1000 euros for both of us). Good holidays to all good people!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fantazia Resort Marsa Alam features 700 yards of private beach area and is 15 miles from Marsa Alam City. It has 3 swimming pools, 6 restaurants and bars and a diving school. All rooms and suites at Fantazia have a furnished balcony with sea view. Each room has a small sitting area with a flat-screen TV and a minibar. The bathroom includes a hairdryer and a shower. A breakfast and lunch buffet is served daily at Fantazia Restaurant, while an Italian dinner is served at Valentina Restaurant. Cocktails are available at Lobby Bar and Lagoon Beach Bar. Room service is available 24 hours. Fantazia Resort offers facilities for tennis, volleyball, gym and more. A wide range of tours is available, including horseback riding, diving and camel-back desert safaris by night. The Fantazia Resort is 5 miles from Marsa Alam Airport. Wi-Fi is available for a daily fee and free on-site parking is available. Ironing and laundry can be arranged by the 24-hour front desk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Fantazia Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fantazia Hotel Marsa Alam
- Fantazia Resort Marsa Alam