“le grand bleu” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 66 Hotels in Marsa Alam
Paris, France
“le grand bleu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Excellent place to enjoy the coral reef of the red sea. Good Hotel and facilities, excellent, warm and charming service. Food good quality, nothing special, drinks are good pleasure. Not exciting night life, but a great place to rest, get sun tan and enjoy snorkeling. And, as said before, people are really charming and ready to make your stay pleasant.

Room Tip: I had a sea view room, large, confortable, with nice terrace and large bathroom.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Тула
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

We visited this hotel during the period from 08.04.2012 to 14.08.2012. Now, in order:
1) placing
placed very quickly, the rooms are nice, all at once checked, it works
2) food
me, my mom and sister like food very much, but my father always something missing. not the borscht, not hash)))))))) But seriously: Vegetables and fruits in large quantities for breakfast, lunch and dinner, lots of sweets, there is also chicken and beef, and fish or squid in different options for cooking, as side dishes (potatoes, rice, but cook spaghetti cooked right in front of you according to your wishes), and unrealistic delicious pizza, the waiter will bring you a drink, according to your desires, for breakfast always yogurt, several kinds of cereal, juice, coffee, tea, eggs (cooked cook), cutting, jam and butter, always fresh and tasty bread ... in general, just do not remember)
3) the territory
area is large, pretty green, palm trees, on the palms - Dates)
stunning lagoon with the sea water, the huge and it somehow always empty, all the people at the main pool, closer to the bar))
4) animation
at two animated group-Italian and international) Italian animation we saw in the morning, during a welcome dance, but an international team worked perfectly: aerobics, water polo, beach volleyball, dance lessons, aqua, pool, tennis ... the team almost everyone speaks in Russian. Roma, Anna, Sveta, Sam, Luka, Fadi, Mary, thank you, guys, for something that is not allowed to miss) could even our lazy dad go a water polo)
5) Sea
Sea-it's fantastic! it is unreal beautiful!
that's all I wanted to say. successful holiday!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Claudio M, Hotel Manager at Crowne Plaza Sahara Oasis Port Ghalib Resort, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Dear Valentina,

Thank you for staying at Crowne Plaza Sahara Oasis Port Ghalib Resort and for posting your review on TripAdvisor; my team and I are very encouraged to know that your stay experience have been excellent.

We truly appreciate your kind feedback and compliments and we certainly look forward to having you with us again on your future visits to Marsa Alam.

Yours sincerely,

Southampton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for a week in August, and we're sadly disappointed. The staff do their best to cope with the demand, but the hotel would run out of basic items. Cups and glasses at breakfast, plates at lunch, glasses in the main bar in the evening, all items I class as basic to run a hotel. There is also an Italian run holiday club which does take over the hotel quite a bit. Now I have never had a bad experience with any nationality before, but this time it was bordering being rude as the shoving and pushing at meal times was unnecessary. THe hotel rooms were very clean and tidy, and one of the best I've staying in during my 11 visits to Egypt. The selection of food in the restaurant was enough for a weeks stay, but beyond that I think we may have struggled.

Stayed August 2012
Dear Sharkey,

Thank you for staying with us at Crowne Plaza Sahara Oasis Port Ghalib Resort and also for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

I regret to read of your disappointment on this recent visit and would like to apologize for a less than satisfactory stay. August is one of the busiest months of the year, so sometimes our restaurants can be congested.

Thank you for praising our Housekeeping department; the team and I would like to thank you for acknowledging our efforts and we look forward to welcoming you back at Crowne Plaza Sahara Oasis Port Ghalib Resort in the near future!

With My Best Regards,

Antwerp, Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Me and my girlfriend just spend 6 days in the Crown Plaza Sahara Oasis hotel. Overall it was a good hotel, but the hotel needs a big clean up (more attention to hygiene, ...)
On the other hand the staff of the hotel were very friendly and were always eager to help you.
We were also very pleased that there was such a wonderful animation team - special thanks go out to the SUNNY FUNNY HOLIDAYS ALWAYS HAPPY Team - especially Roma, Sveta, Loca, Sam en Anna!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Claudio M, Hotel Manager at Crowne Plaza Sahara Oasis Port Ghalib Resort, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Dear Ellen,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent vacation to Marsa Alam, and for your constructive comments regarding the cleanness of our property; please accept my sincere apologies for not meeting your expectations on this aspect.

I am delighted to read your feedback in regards to our associate’s level of commitment to satisfy our guests and for recognizing the effort of our international animation team.

The team and I would like to thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back at Crowne Plaza Sahara Oasis Port Ghalib Resort in the near future!

With My Best Regards,

щелково
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

I don't know if there is paradise or not, I have not been there, but I have been to Egypt, Marsa Alam at Crowne Plaza. I am sure it is much better! (Alexey Gromov. Russia. May 2012)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Hotel M, Guest Relations Team at Crowne Plaza Sahara Oasis Port Ghalib Resort, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Alexey,

Thank you for staying in Crowne Plaza Sahara Oasis and for taking the time to share your experience with us. it was our great pleasure to welcome you during your vacation.
We were so pleased to get to know that you have enjoyed your time in our Resort, in this regards please rest assured that i will share your kind comments with our team members.
we hope to be of service to you in the nearest future, till then please accept our sincerest regards.
Egypt
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

I have just spent in this hotel 4 nights with my husband and lovely son. I stayed in this hotel 3 nights before in 2009 but at that time it was far better. It was half board not all inclusive so food was really nice and variable. At this stay there are some pros some cons. Food for example is not good at all, I spent the first 2 nights having only white cheese for my dinner because i have nothing else good to eat. I spoke to the restaurant officials and things became a little better later but still not as our first stay in 2009. The room was still as nice and clean in spite of the fact that house keeping is not as before. At one night our room was not cleaned at all although we were not making check out next morning. In 2009 our room was cleaned every morning and at one night it was cleaned another time when were enjoying our dinner (that we can no more enjoy because of lack of good food). Of course see is amazing and the staff, like any other 5 stars staff, is trying to make you happy. Special thanks to Iman at the restaurant.I used the pool bathroom once and it was really dirty and of awful smell. It seems that they forgot to clean it as our room. Yet do not think that I will repeat my visit. The hotel is not as good as it used to be.

Room Tip: not my favorite hotel any more
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Claudio M, Hotel Manager at Crowne Plaza Sahara Oasis Port Ghalib Resort, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for your review and the comments about our service.
We value your feedback and we will certainly work on improving our Restaurant services and services in general, we do highly give a full attention to your comments and we will do what is necessary to exceed our valued guests' expectations..
Looking forward to welcoming you and your friends in our Resort.
Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

Was surffing the net to see if can find a nice cozy warm and attractice place to spend few days of relaxation and found that Crown Plazaa Sahara Port Ghalib was the place was looking for. I really enjoyed my stay and wanna thank everyone who made my stay to great. Thank you all

Room Tip: The whole place is wonderful
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Dear Nouni,

We were so pleased to get to know that you have enjoyed your time in our Resort and that our team and the services provided were up to your expectations. You have my full assurance that we will share this kind feedback with all the team members.
we hope to be of service to you in the nearest future for more pleasant vacation.

Been to Crowne Plaza Sahara Oasis Port Ghalib Resort? Share your experiences!