I travelled with my wife/sister and brother in law last month to this fantastic hotel.
this is one of the safest places to go. no signs of any unrest here.( my son visited Sharm el Sheik at the same time while we where in Egypt and he also had a great time )
when we arrived on the airport there was someone there to greet us and take us with the minibus to the hotel.( which is only a 7 minute drive from the airport.)
at the hotel check in was quick( I am a priority club member).we where shown around the hotel right after check in and then shown to our luxurious rooms.
2 large rooms with sea view.large bath with separate shower.all marble.a large tv with loads of english channels for us to watch.
on our first night we dinner in the bar. quick service and fantastic food.( hot and tasty )
Breakfast buffet- I don't know where to start.The choice is massive. anything you would like was there-and if something was missing - ask and it will be served.( Dana was looking after us very well.)
the evening buffets where always something special.
we spend the days relaxing on the pool and on the beach. apart from the odd trip into the water for a bit of snorkelling we did not do much. we did go for some coffee in to Port Ghalib ( costa coffee)
one evening we had a pizza in Port Ghalib which made a change.
A big thank you to ALL the the staff at the Hotel.We had a fantastic time at the intercontinental.
We are planning already the next holiday for the new year there.
See you soon!
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental The Palace Port Ghalib Hotel Marsa Alam
- Intercontinental The Palace Port Ghalib Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located deep in the southern reaches of Egypt, between the Sahara Desert and the Red Sea, lies the amazing destination of Port Ghalib. InterContinental The Palace Port Ghalib Resort is ideally located at the heart of this exciting destination, overlooking Port Ghalib International Marina, Corniche & Khan and the reserved coral reef of the Red Sea. InterContinental The Palace Port Ghalib Resort features 308 premier rooms. All beautifully appointed rooms offer the ultimate in luxury and comfort; the resort offers a choice of three restaurants, The Olive offering International cuisine, Budour's Court offering Lebanese cuisine, and the Pool Deck offering a selection of snacks and seafood delicacies, one bar and a club with superb views over the Red Sea, swimming pool or Port Ghalib International Marina. The resort comprises as well Port Ghalib International Convention Centre, Six Senses Spa, Lulee Kids Club. The resort lies within walking distance from Port Ghalib International Convention Centre offering a meeting space of 1,950 square meters, capable of hosting all types of events from full scale conventions of 2,000 delegates to informal small size meetings, 16 breakout rooms. For shopping lovers, the resort offers an exceptional shopping experience at the International Marina, with a half kilometer stretch of a traditional Egyptian Khan bazaar. InterContinental The Palace Port Ghalib Resort is 2 kilometers drive from Marsa Alam International Airport, 210 km from Hurghada and 370 km from Luxor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your InterContinental The Palace Port Ghalib Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.