We stayed for 1 week at the InterContinental in Port Ghalib. It was our first trip to Egypt and we were unsure what to expect.
The hotel is really great. It it a 5 Star standard also by western european standards. We booked a seaview room which was quite spacious and really nice decorated. Everything was nice and neat and extremly clean. Housekeeping comes at least 2 times per day and checks if anything needs to be tidied up. The view and balocony were really nice. The beach that belongs to the hotel is beautiful. They provide wooden beach chairs and tables, towels and 2 bottles of water per day for free. The best thing is the coral reef directly in front of the beach. You enter the sea through a pier and are directly surrounded by uncountable coulourful fish. We even saw a sea turtle that swam below us. So we did snorkeling for at least 2 hours every day because it is so nice and easy to access.
Staff at the hotel were outstanding and very friendly in a nice way without exception. We had half board and the location for breakfast and dinner ist really nice. You can sit outside and watch the pool and beach. The food itself was also good with a lot of varieties. They had themes evey night (Asian, BBQ, Oriental, etc.).
Port Ghalib itself is an artificial town and not much to do. The restaurants and shops at the marina are really empty and some have already closed. It is nice to walk around though and it is really safe because there are guarded entrance gates to the town. From the hotel it is just 1 minute to get to the marina where you can have a nice sundowner.One day we took a bike and explored the town.
So if you plan to relax and see the underwater life, this is a great choice.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental The Palace Port Ghalib Hotel Marsa Alam
- Intercontinental The Palace Port Ghalib Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located deep in the southern reaches of Egypt, between the Sahara Desert and the Red Sea, lies the amazing destination of Port Ghalib. InterContinental The Palace Port Ghalib Resort is ideally located at the heart of this exciting destination, overlooking Port Ghalib International Marina, Corniche & Khan and the reserved coral reef of the Red Sea. InterContinental The Palace Port Ghalib Resort features 308 premier rooms. All beautifully appointed rooms offer the ultimate in luxury and comfort; the resort offers a choice of three restaurants, The Olive offering International cuisine, Budour's Court offering Lebanese cuisine, and the Pool Deck offering a selection of snacks and seafood delicacies, one bar and a club with superb views over the Red Sea, swimming pool or Port Ghalib International Marina. The resort comprises as well Port Ghalib International Convention Centre, Six Senses Spa, Lulee Kids Club. The resort lies within walking distance from Port Ghalib International Convention Centre offering a meeting space of 1,950 square meters, capable of hosting all types of events from full scale conventions of 2,000 delegates to informal small size meetings, 16 breakout rooms. For shopping lovers, the resort offers an exceptional shopping experience at the International Marina, with a half kilometer stretch of a traditional Egyptian Khan bazaar. InterContinental The Palace Port Ghalib Resort is 2 kilometers drive from Marsa Alam International Airport, 210 km from Hurghada and 370 km from Luxor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Venere, Olotels, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com and HotelsClick so you can book your InterContinental The Palace Port Ghalib Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.