This was our 8th trip to Egypt and the 6th to the Marsa Alam / El Quseir region. By no doubt we stayed in the best hotel so far. Rooms clean and luxurious, Food divers, tasty and well prepared. After having been in AI hotels many times before it was so nice to be in a HB hotel. Drinks being served .... in a glass. It made us feel a lot more special, enhancing the holiday feeling.
Coming from cold Europe and being able to have dinner outside was very nice. Also the private beach with towl service (including a cooler with water) is a welcome additional feature.
For us, being divers, that was not the only reason to return to Port Ghalib. The other main reasons are: The House Reef, and, the nearby Extra Divers shop. The House Reef is a dream. With 2 jetty's to enter from you can spend 4-5 dives here. The local dive shop will drop you at the jetty (dive gear on the Golf Car) and pick you up when you return.
Like last time we also enjoyed a Scooter Fun dive.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental The Palace Port Ghalib Hotel Marsa Alam
- Intercontinental The Palace Port Ghalib Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located deep in the southern reaches of Egypt, between the Sahara Desert and the Red Sea, lies the amazing destination of Port Ghalib. InterContinental The Palace Port Ghalib Resort is ideally located at the heart of this exciting destination, overlooking Port Ghalib International Marina, Corniche & Khan and the reserved coral reef of the Red Sea. InterContinental The Palace Port Ghalib Resort features 308 premier rooms. All beautifully appointed rooms offer the ultimate in luxury and comfort; the resort offers a choice of three restaurants, The Olive offering International cuisine, Budour's Court offering Lebanese cuisine, and the Pool Deck offering a selection of snacks and seafood delicacies, one bar and a club with superb views over the Red Sea, swimming pool or Port Ghalib International Marina. The resort comprises as well Port Ghalib International Convention Centre, Six Senses Spa, Lulee Kids Club. The resort lies within walking distance from Port Ghalib International Convention Centre offering a meeting space of 1,950 square meters, capable of hosting all types of events from full scale conventions of 2,000 delegates to informal small size meetings, 16 breakout rooms. For shopping lovers, the resort offers an exceptional shopping experience at the International Marina, with a half kilometer stretch of a traditional Egyptian Khan bazaar. InterContinental The Palace Port Ghalib Resort is 2 kilometers drive from Marsa Alam International Airport, 210 km from Hurghada and 370 km from Luxor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Venere, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your InterContinental The Palace Port Ghalib Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.