We decided to have a short vacation this year at the same hotel as last year. Despite some disadvantages of last year's stay we thought we could give it a try again. Obviously we wouldn't have come back if we ddin't like the first stay anyway. I regret to say the second stay was worse comparing to the one last year. Some things got improved indeed but some got much worse. Let me enlist positive and negative.
- reception much more responsive and helpful
- much better animation activities
- shops in the hotel, none last year
- free wifi as a reward for coming back
- number of Russians reduced by half
- attitude of the waiters have become sky high. Dear Management, I believe that waiting service in the hotel restaurant it's something included in the price I pay, why it is not offered to me then? The waiters got specialized in catching foreign languages. The most desireble for them are German and Italian. They simply hope for tips from those guests but does it mean these are the preferred guests of this hotel? When I ask the waiter to bring wine or any other beverage why my request is disregarded? It happened 3 or 4 times that my request was taken but never came. In the meantime we could have observed that preferred tables are being served on and on and on. Waiters never even approach the "undesirable" tables so it's difficult to call them. The hotel restaurant desperately needs shift managers to watch over the waiters who become some kind of a clique, unkind, unresponsive or plain rude.
- quality of food deteriorated in comparison to last year. Many time it's bland and cold.
- cleanliness of hotel rooms is a shame. On the first day of our stay I spilled tea on the floor of our room. It wasn't mopped for the next 6 days. We had huge ants in our room, upon our requests they were poisoned twice but kept coming back, eventually we changed the room.
- quality of pool bar - the bar tender just pours liquids, whatever amount he wishes. Caling them cocktails or mocktails is just a shame.
- cleanliness of pool - it should be cleaned more frequently, the pool is often dirty.
- no mattraces on sun chairs by the pool - if you want one, pay the pool guys or bring it yourself from the beach.
Summing up I'm not sure if there will be a third time in Crowne Plaza Sahara Sands.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family Getaway. Located deep in the southern reaches of Egypt, between the Sahara Desert and the Red Sea, lies the amazing destination of Port Ghalib. Crowne Plaza Sahara Sands Port Ghalib Resort is ideally located at the heart of this exciting destination, overlooking Port Ghalib International Marina, Corniche & Khan and the reserved coral reef of the Red Sea. Crowne Plaza Sahara Sands Port Ghalib Resort features 345 premier rooms - all beautifully appointed rooms offer the ultimate comfort. The resort offers a choice of two restaurants, Souq Al hana, the main restaurant serving International cuisines and Cardamom Mediterranean restaurant, serving Italian & Greek specialties. Two bars, the Pool Bar and Lobby Lounge & Bar and a discotheque with superb views of the Red Sea, swimming pool or Port Ghalib International Marina. The resort comprises as well Port Ghalib International Convention Centre, Six Senses Spa, Lulee Kids Club, activity courtyard, and the Lazy River. The resort lies within walking distance from Port Ghalib International Convention Centre offering a meeting space of 1,950 square meters, capable of hosting all types of events from full scale conventions of 2,000 delegates to informal small size meetings, 16 breakout rooms. For shopping lovers, the resort offers an exceptional shopping experience at the International Marina, with a half kilometer stretch of retail outlets on the Corniche and a traditional Egyptian Khan bazaar. Crowne Plaza Sahara Sands Port Ghalib Resort is 2 kilometers drive from Marsa Alam International Airport, 210 km from Hurghada and 370 km from Luxor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Crowne Plaza Sahara Sands Port Ghalib Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Sahara Sands Port Ghalib Hotel Marsa Alam
- Crowne Plaza Marsa Alam
- Marsa Alam Crowne Plaza