Port Ghalib just before Marsa Alam is a superb resort with high grade aminities and three excellent hotels to chose from (I have not seen the fourth more pragmatic Marina Lodge yet)
From a bazar, to many large smiles, to top notch finishes, to the choice between good hotel restaurants or stepping out for a 5min walk to the marina and getting street price food at bistros or even Pizza Hut, the choice is yours.
The pools (including heated options) and the beach are very well done and maintained.
The Kids Club is also a great asset although its operating hours should be extended in my point of view and may be add an evening shift for parents keen on adults dinner.
The one weakness, which was not an issue but can become one, is the staff professionalism and experience. I've been staying at Priority Club hotels for years and know the high standards of training they usually have, this time I noticed several of the staff lacked the training or discipline in dealing with guests; from the Guest Relations Mgr who is glued to her desk sending emails vs attending to guests asking for help or even meeting guests around the hotel, to the recreation manager & concierge who are nice but knew nothing about the area and what is there to do to the restaurant waiters who argued with each other or some that were too friendly with the guests especially female guests. I didn't make a fuss of it, despite my interest in Priority Club hotels, this time as I felt pity for the low occupancy and thus income all must be enduring even during the usually peak season.
Again, this is not a major issue and I will definitely be returning during my next holidays to the same hotel.
The one thing I hope for though is that the rooms get equipped with Wifi in the near future, I was lucky to be close to the reception to pick its signal, but other rooms were supposed to use the LAN/Wired Cable which is not practical and going to the reception is not convenient
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Sahara Sands Port Ghalib Hotel Marsa Alam
- Crowne Plaza Sahara Sands Port Ghalib Hotel
- Crowne Plaza Marsa Alam
- Marsa Alam Crowne Plaza
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family Getaway. Located deep in the southern reaches of Egypt, between the Sahara Desert and the Red Sea, lies the amazing destination of Port Ghalib. Crowne Plaza Sahara Sands Port Ghalib Resort is ideally located at the heart of this exciting destination, overlooking Port Ghalib International Marina, Corniche & Khan and the reserved coral reef of the Red Sea. Crowne Plaza Sahara Sands Port Ghalib Resort features 345 premier rooms - all beautifully appointed rooms offer the ultimate comfort. The resort offers a choice of two restaurants, Souq Al hana, the main restaurant serving International cuisines and Cardamom Mediterranean restaurant, serving Italian & Greek specialties. Two bars, the Pool Bar and Lobby Lounge & Bar and a discotheque with superb views of the Red Sea, swimming pool or Port Ghalib International Marina. The resort comprises as well Port Ghalib International Convention Centre, Six Senses Spa, Lulee Kids Club, activity courtyard, and the Lazy River. The resort lies within walking distance from Port Ghalib International Convention Centre offering a meeting space of 1,950 square meters, capable of hosting all types of events from full scale conventions of 2,000 delegates to informal small size meetings, 16 breakout rooms. For shopping lovers, the resort offers an exceptional shopping experience at the International Marina, with a half kilometer stretch of retail outlets on the Corniche and a traditional Egyptian Khan bazaar. Crowne Plaza Sahara Sands Port Ghalib Resort is 2 kilometers drive from Marsa Alam International Airport, 210 km from Hurghada and 370 km from Luxor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Otel so you can book your Crowne Plaza Sahara Sands Port Ghalib Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.