“Catch it while you can, amazing resort at now super value prices” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Members Get Up to 35% Off
Ranked #20 of 63 hotels in Marsa Alam
Singapore, Singapore
“Catch it while you can, amazing resort at now super value prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Port Ghalib just before Marsa Alam is a superb resort with high grade aminities and three excellent hotels to chose from (I have not seen the fourth more pragmatic Marina Lodge yet)
From a bazar, to many large smiles, to top notch finishes, to the choice between good hotel restaurants or stepping out for a 5min walk to the marina and getting street price food at bistros or even Pizza Hut, the choice is yours.
The pools (including heated options) and the beach are very well done and maintained.
The Kids Club is also a great asset although its operating hours should be extended in my point of view and may be add an evening shift for parents keen on adults dinner.

The one weakness, which was not an issue but can become one, is the staff professionalism and experience. I've been staying at Priority Club hotels for years and know the high standards of training they usually have, this time I noticed several of the staff lacked the training or discipline in dealing with guests; from the Guest Relations Mgr who is glued to her desk sending emails vs attending to guests asking for help or even meeting guests around the hotel, to the recreation manager & concierge who are nice but knew nothing about the area and what is there to do to the restaurant waiters who argued with each other or some that were too friendly with the guests especially female guests. I didn't make a fuss of it, despite my interest in Priority Club hotels, this time as I felt pity for the low occupancy and thus income all must be enduring even during the usually peak season.
Again, this is not a major issue and I will definitely be returning during my next holidays to the same hotel.
The one thing I hope for though is that the rooms get equipped with Wifi in the near future, I was lucky to be close to the reception to pick its signal, but other rooms were supposed to use the LAN/Wired Cable which is not practical and going to the reception is not convenient

Room Tip: If you don't mind stairs go to a 2nd floor room, the views are even better!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Hotel M, Guest Relation Officer at Crowne Plaza Sahara Sands Port Ghalib Resort, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing with us your comments from your recent stay here at the Crowne Plaza Sahara Sands &Oasis.
Please rest assured that your remarks will be taken under consideration, and sent to the relevant departments. It is always helping us to improve the services we provide to all our guests.
We are happy to read you had a good time during your vacations in our Resort. We hope to see you again soon for another memorable stay in our hotel.
With kind regards,

768 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
's-Heerenberg, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

We visit this hotel in Nov. 2012 and we had a really great time because the weather was very good, we had 10days, 28°!!! The food was also good and our bedroom was clean and good. The waiter/waitress are very friendly and helpfull and we had a lot contact with Romany Lotfy. He was also very amusing ! The animation team(Olga, Luca, Justin, DJ-Bazooka, Anna) where also very friendly and helpfull to. Maybe we go back there but normally we go NEVER two times to the same hotel but this was really OK!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Hotel M, Guest Relation Officer at Crowne Plaza Sahara Sands Port Ghalib Resort, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

It is encouraging to read positive comments about our Resort. We thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our Resort with other travelers. We are very glad you enjoyed the hotel and the area and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Cairo, Egypt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I was there in June 2010
It was a good accommodation , I enjoyed everything there
The food was good , aqua park games were so good ( free of course )
The snorkeling there was a good experience you will enjoy it.
The sand beach was so nice .
You have to take many photos there.
My room view was so good ( facing the lagoon , beach , restaurant ).
There were a good nightlife there.
You have to walk. Around the resort you will enjoy it ,
There is good place for extra foods , nice restaurants .
I recommend this hotel ,this resort for everybody ( family , honeymooners ,...)
I'm looking to go there again in the next future

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Hotel M, Guest Relations Team at Crowne Plaza Sahara Sands Port Ghalib Resort, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Ahmed,

Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Sahara Sands for your vacation and taking the time to share your feedback with us.
With a great pleasure i had to go through your feedback and getting to know that we have been up to your expectations in terms of services and facilities provided will be shared with all the team members.
We will be looking for the great pleasure of welcoming you again among us for more pleasant vacation.

Sincerest regards,
Vargon, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I was at Crowne plaza for a week and it was fantastic. The staff were so kind and and took care of you well. Even though some didn't know much English, you could still understand them and they understood you.
The food was lovely. i have never seen so much food before. i'd like to give a speciel thanks to the cooks. Without good food you can't have a good day. My favourite food has to have been the chicken stuffed. I have never tasted anythink so good and tasty.
And i also think that the entertainment team (animation team) have the best job ever. They look like they have so much fun and love doing what they do. They also make everyone around them very happy, even if they don't know it. They entertained very well and the dances they did were great, they may not be professionals, but it looked like they were. They said that they hade made some mistakes, but if there was you couldn't see it because it was very well covered up. They activites were great. I had a real great time. Thank you Entertainment team :D

Shannon.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Shannon,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us during your time in Crowne Plaza Sahara Sands Port Ghalib Resort.
I had the pleasure of reading your feedback and you have my assurance that it will be shared with our team members to let them know how they please our guests with their friendliness and response to guest needs.

I will also be pleased to share your appreciation of our food with our cooks and will please our Animation team by sharing your opinion on their good job.
In the meantime please note that we are working on improving the language skills for all our team members to reach the highest performance that satisfy all our Guests.

We will be more pleased by having the pleasure of hosting you again in Crowne Plaza Sahara Sands Resort in the nearest future.

Sincerest regards,
Basel, Basel-Stadt, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza for a week in the beginning of September and had a wonderful time during my stay. The resort is very clean and well cared for. I came for the relaxation, snorkeling, and diving (which was all excellent) but I was also quite pleasantly surprised by the high quality of the food. I am vegan (no animal products) and I found plenty to eat. The Indian dishes in particular were restaurant quality. My only complaint was that there was that after 4 days or so you get a bit tired of eating the same dishes over and over. But this is a small price to pay for excellent food.

Oh and the dates were extraordinary. I must have eaten at least 7 a day.

Snorkeling and diving at the local dive resort was excellent.

I would absolutely come to the Crowne Plaza again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Hotel M, Guest Relations Team at Crowne Plaza Sahara Sands Port Ghalib Resort, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear Tanny,

Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza for your vacation; I am pleased to see that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that we met your expectation regarding food quality, I regret to hear about repeating the food dishes. We are the only resort in Marsa Alam that offers for lunch an a la carte experience at our beach restaurant “Cardamom”, included in our all-inclusive package. During dinner, in our main restaurant “Souq Al hana” we have four live stations (Indian, Italian, Oriental and Asian) with menus that are rotated daily.

We strive to deliver our promise Great Hotels Guests Love; and we truly value your comment and hope next time; you will see the improvement and enjoy more variety of food.

Once again, thank you for sharing your vacation experience and acknowledging our efforts, the team and I looking forward to welcome you in your future vacation at Crowne Plaza.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

We stayed in this hotel in August for 2 weeks and the hotel was very nice.
They have friendly and professional staff in the whole hotel.
The only lack is the food. Unfortunately you get the same food everyday, for supper and for dinner.After 1 week you are sick of eating everyday the same stuff.
One tiny little other bad thing is the internet.Eventhough in mostly every hotel in the world you get wifi for free, in this hotel you have to pay 4€ for 30 minutes.
But in the end we had great holidays.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Claudio M, Hotel Manager at Crowne Plaza Sahara Sands Port Ghalib Resort, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Dear Sandra,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Sahara Sands Port Ghalib Resort and also for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We take pleasure in knowing that you enjoyed your recent stay; our first service promise to our guests is to provide great hotels guests love.

I am delighted to read of your pleasant stay but disappointed to learn that we have failed to meet your culinary expectations; we are the only Resort in Marsa Alam that offers for lunch an a la carte experience at our beach Restaurant Cardamom, included in our all-inclusive package. During dinner, in our main restaurant Souq Al Hana we have four live stations: Indian, Italian, Oriental and Asian with menus that are rotated daily. However we welcome your comment and will keep this in consideration.

The team and I would like to thank you for acknowledging our efforts and we look forward to welcoming you back at Crowne Plaza Sahara Sands Port Ghalib Resort in the near future!

With My Best Regards,

Claudio Melli
Hotel Manager
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

I just arrived from portghaleb crown plaza it was a nice trip & nice spot 4 relaxation the kids had nice vacation the hotel is nice but it doesn't give u the impression of a 5 star hotel the whole hotel has only 1 restaurant the other one opens only for 3 hrs b4 we came back it began to open at night !!the swimmingpool is small in comparison to the hotel size and the water needs to b changed from time to time. The staff r nice & polite all of them except 4 2 in the restaurant the main one they don't know how to deal with guests ,the management must take into consideration( waitress) I wont mention the names.note when coming there take fullpacKage (bbld&drinks) all inclusive cause there are no restaurants accept t j Fridays in general it is nice place need more time to b more experience good luck .

• Stayed September 2012

Been to Crowne Plaza Sahara Sands Port Ghalib Resort? Share your experiences!