I stayed at the Crowne Plaza for a week in the beginning of September and had a wonderful time during my stay. The resort is very clean and well cared for. I came for the relaxation, snorkeling, and diving (which was all excellent) but I was also quite pleasantly surprised by the high quality of the food. I am vegan (no animal products) and I found plenty to eat. The Indian dishes in particular were restaurant quality. My only complaint was that there was that after 4 days or so you get a bit tired of eating the same dishes over and over. But this is a small price to pay for excellent food.
Oh and the dates were extraordinary. I must have eaten at least 7 a day.
Snorkeling and diving at the local dive resort was excellent.
I would absolutely come to the Crowne Plaza again.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Sahara Sands Port Ghalib Hotel Marsa Alam
- Crowne Plaza Sahara Sands Port Ghalib Hotel
- Crowne Plaza Marsa Alam
- Marsa Alam Crowne Plaza
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family Getaway. Located deep in the southern reaches of Egypt, between the Sahara Desert and the Red Sea, lies the amazing destination of Port Ghalib. Crowne Plaza Sahara Sands Port Ghalib Resort is ideally located at the heart of this exciting destination, overlooking Port Ghalib International Marina, Corniche & Khan and the reserved coral reef of the Red Sea. Crowne Plaza Sahara Sands Port Ghalib Resort features 345 premier rooms - all beautifully appointed rooms offer the ultimate comfort. The resort offers a choice of two restaurants, Souq Al hana, the main restaurant serving International cuisines and Cardamom Mediterranean restaurant, serving Italian & Greek specialties. Two bars, the Pool Bar and Lobby Lounge & Bar and a discotheque with superb views of the Red Sea, swimming pool or Port Ghalib International Marina. The resort comprises as well Port Ghalib International Convention Centre, Six Senses Spa, Lulee Kids Club, activity courtyard, and the Lazy River. The resort lies within walking distance from Port Ghalib International Convention Centre offering a meeting space of 1,950 square meters, capable of hosting all types of events from full scale conventions of 2,000 delegates to informal small size meetings, 16 breakout rooms. For shopping lovers, the resort offers an exceptional shopping experience at the International Marina, with a half kilometer stretch of retail outlets on the Corniche and a traditional Egyptian Khan bazaar. Crowne Plaza Sahara Sands Port Ghalib Resort is 2 kilometers drive from Marsa Alam International Airport, 210 km from Hurghada and 370 km from Luxor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, HotelsClick, Venere, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Crowne Plaza Sahara Sands Port Ghalib Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.