“Four Seasons Bora Bora is Blissful and Beautiful” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Fourth Night Free!
Ranked #1 of 18 hotels in Bora Bora
Auburn, ME
“Four Seasons Bora Bora is Blissful and Beautiful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

My husband and I are Four Seasons Hotels fanatics and FS Bora Bora does not disappoint. As at other Four Seasons, the service here is absolutely impeccable. Not a grouch in the bunch.
My husband and I spent eight nights here. We had an over the water bungalow with a Deluxe Lagoon View. Most rooms here are over the water bungalows with essentially the same layout except for a few that have a plunge pool(not worth it). The only thing essentially different among the bungalows are the views but there are no BAD views. It all depends on the kind of privacy you might want. All the bungalows are very large with nice outdoor areas ( a lounge area and a covered area with table with two chairs. The bungalow has a nice seating area, refrigerator, two tv's, two bathroom sinks, large bathtub, desk area. They provide two electrical adaptors, a hairdryer, and an ironing board and iron. There is free laundry just a little ways away as well as a laundry service. Fast WIFI is also provided but at a daily price. Usually, this really bothers me but considering the location, I understand. We had 3 sets of windows out onto the lagoon, one from the living room, one from the bathtub, and one from the bedroom. All open. The bungalow sometimes moves a little; the same sensation that you might get on a cruise. We weren't expecting this but it was ok.
There are also a few beach side "houses" that are probably meant for large families . They are very private with nice landscaping and drop dead gorgeous semi-private beaches.
There are many water activities available that are expensive. We went on a snorkeling adventure and were extremely pleased with the director and the boat which was of beautiful quality. Many on-site activities are free like kayaking and use of snorkeling equipment.
You can be transported to the major town of Vaitape(ugly) six days a week during the day for free. There is enough time allotted to shop or eat in town. If you want to go to a restaurant in the evening , there is a fee.
Arrival at the airport is very pleasant and efficient and everyone is given a lei and the Four Seasons people offer to take your picture. Departure from the hotel is equally pleasant and there you are given a shell necklace and staff wave you goodbye.(So different from a cruise where it seems like they can't wait to get rid of you!) There is a round trip fee for the 15 minute boat ride to/from the hotel.
The food and drinks are very good to excellent. My husband I could not believe that the Hotel can pull this off considering how far away they are from everything and everyone. It's truly a major accomplishment by Four Seasons. The food is varied, there are many choices,and even the coffee is very good. We would suggest, however, that there not be so many buffets. Buffet is the only option at breakfast except for room service. We also think that there should not be so many buffets at dinner. There is a "gourmet " restaurant on premises but we had, sadly, a disappointing experience there. The Hotel made good on our disppointment but we decided not to return.
The grounds are lovely and we spent quite a bit of time meandering around and walking. They are not extensive.
The spa is very nice but I would put it in a regular category. There is also a fitness center.
The pool area is near the beach and is very clean and well taken of. The beach is shallow(it's a lagoon), the infinity pool is very large. The chairs are very comfortable and the staff is very efficient about setting up chairs and towels for new arrivals as soon as someone leaves. The service is terrific. One day, we received 9-10 fresh glasses of coldwater. You can eat at the pool and the food is very good. The staff also brings along about every hour a small tropical drink that is very refreshing. The pool area is well shaded. We only found it crowded one day but were still able to find chairs.
The highlight of Four Seasons Bora Bora is the lagoon. It's absolutely gorgeous, clean, and clear. There are many beautiful fish in the lagoon on the property including some you might not find beautiful but interesting like sea snakes. There are also two small beach areas that are not as busy, don't have staff service, but are perfect for snorkelers, and families.
The sevice at this Four Seasons, as at other ones is it's hallmark. Almost all the staff I encountered on my birthday knew that it was my birthday. There are no excuses for any small thing that might go wrong. A person answers the phone promptly at the front desk. You can get a golf cart ride from/to your bungalow. One day, a staff person spent some considerable time looking into where I could find a certain item for purchase. On my birthday, I received free drinks, a crown made of fresh flowers, a birthday cake with a candle, and free massage oil. But, what surpasses everything, is everyone is so pleasant, says hello, and has a can-do attitude. They are polite and accommodating.
This is a quiet resort. Don't expect any nighttime entertainment, dancing, etc. There was one Polynesian show one evening. Essentially, tV is CNN. Many people gravitate to the Sunset Bar and stay for dinner. It's comfortable, casual, with a great view. There are many honeymooners here.
Also, bring your wallet. The resort not only costs alot for the bungalows but for food, cocktails, and activities.
After staying eight nights, one can see a few cracks in the armor. I want to emphasize that the all the positives way outweigh these small matters but in the interest of being complete, I thought they were worth mentioning: one morning, one of the entrees was cold twice(crepes), not all items ordered for room service were brought on several occasions, and one day, it took a while to get our room service dishes cleared, and twice, the turn-down maid forgot to leave face towels.
Also, we suggest, that more complimentary bottled water be available in our rooms. Before I figured out that I could get them at the Business Center or Fitness Center for free, I paid for some extra ones in the room.
This is not a negative but an observation. many of the bungalows are very far out into the lagoon. Ours was at least 1/4 mile out into the lagoon but we enjoyed the walk and exercise. You may want to ask for a closer bungalow to the main area if walking is a problem for you.
We would return here in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Ask about which rooms are more private.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
GuestExperienceBora, Guest Relations Manager at Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Hello and thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely and comprehensive review of your stay with us! We're thrilled to know you enjoyed your time here, and we're very happy to hear you particularly enjoyed Four Seasons service, the food, your overwater bungalow, and of course the lagoon! We also appreciate the rest of your feedback, and we hope to welcome you back again one day.

1,242 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (435)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

We had an incredible time at the Four Seasons Bora Bora. Cindy helped me throughout the whole process to create a once in a lifetime memory of getting married in one of the most beautiful spots in the world. She also ensured that the amenities I requested were available in our room when we arrived. She made our experience that much more special and we will not forget the wonderful rest of the staff there as well. We corresponded via email for weeks leading up to our trip and she was always so quick to respond to my questions. You can and should arrange with the hotel to have the Four Season's boat meet you at the airport.I think it cost about $15 pp each way. The staff helps you retrieve your bags, guide you to the boat, give you some water and a nice cold towel to freshen up, and a towel in case you get splashed during the 20 minute beautiful ride to the property. Once you arrive to the reception area, you are greeted by one staff (we were greeted by Cindy) who escorts you to a golf cart and takes you directly to your room. She welcomes you to the room and gives a tour of the features and areas of the OWBs. Talk about "the easy button"! Our baggage arrived shortly thereafter. All hotels should adopt this kind of check in process.

I just love all the personal touches and customer service care that is given to Four Seasons patrons which is why it is among the top choices we book when traveling.

When i was planning the wedding with Cindy, she gave me the three photographers that are contracted by the hotel and I am so glad that Helene Havard was available to photograph ours. I was so incredibly pleased with her photos. She made us feel so special and comfortable. We appreciated her suggestions of how to pose together to create a beautiful composition for the photos. She is very sweet and exceptionally talented. I highly recommend her for any couples who may be visiting the area and may even just want a photography session (engagement, anniversary, you name it!). The Four Seasons property provides various backdrops that are like nothing you'd ever be able to recreate at home and add to the stunning pics. I believe she may be moving to another island soon in which case, I hope she leaves her contact info for those traveling to that area.

The buffet breakfast was wonderful and very filling. The waitstaff were impeccably kind and attentive. The concierge are fantastic and always willing to help. Housekeeping were also so detailed and friendly.

Our only complaint about the resort was the lack of ease to dine at other places. The food is fantastic, don't get me wrong, but we were craving other things after a few days that the three property restaurants didn't have.

Everything is very pricey but for a special trip and once in a lifetime experience, we had to overlook how much we paid for each and everything. Again, everything was perfect so I guess we got what we paid for. :)

Room Tip: OWB are a must and try to get a room facing the mountain as you'll have a beautiful sunset. We a...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello - thanks very much for taking the time to review your stay with us! We're thrilled that you enjoyed your experience here and even more important thank you for choosing to celebrate your wedding with us. We agree Cindy is amazing and we love her too- we are also very happy to hear that you found your “easy button” and really enjoyed your ceremony, the little touches, our great staff and your meals.
Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back again one day.
Auckland NZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

A beautiful place to go for our 30th Wedding Anniversary. We were greeted accordingly, and on arrival to our overwater bungalow we were given a platter of fresh tropical fruit, dessert and bottle of champagne! The very helpful staff made us feel very welcome during our five night stay - we should have stayed longer! It is expensive but what a treat!! We stayed on the west pontoon which was handier for walking to the main restaurant area and beach/pool, but you can ring for a club (golf) cart to pick you up from your bungalow at any time (which we only did when leaving with our luggage). The bungalows are very spacious with small glass panels on the floor and sliding doors for unobstructed views. There's complimentary sunscreens by the pool and beach, and the beach bar staff walk around giving out glasses of water and 'shots of the day'. There's a smaller lagoon with lots of tropical fish which swim around you - I was feeding them out of my hand! (just by chance we managed to get bread from a kids club staff member). On Polynesian Night the main restaurant Tere Nui, wasn't open, so we tried 'fine dining' at Arii Moana - beautiful! There's plenty of variety at the breakfast buffet which will keep you going all day - apart from a cocktail poolside! A gorgeous place!

Room Tip: The overwater bungalows on the west pontoon are closer to the main restaurant area. The far ends of...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello and thank you for the “stunning “review and for sharing your experience here! We're thrilled to know that you particularly enjoyed our attentive staff, your overwater bungalow, the resort and the food. Thank you for choosing to spend your 30th wedding anniversary with us it’s truly an honor and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again one day
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Four Seasons Bora Bora for our honeymoon, and we had the time of our lives. The staff was absolutely amazing--we felt like royalty the entire time. We were greeted by name, and everyone was so attentive and friendly. The grounds are breathtakingly gorgeous; everything is so well maintained. The bungalows are beautiful. What a treat to take a bath while looking out onto the crystal clear lagoon with a mountain view. The food was delicious! We loved the Sunset Bar and Arii Moana. Food service was fabulous as well, and the breakfast buffet had so many wonderful options. The spa was gorgeous and so relaxing. Our entire stay was truly a dream.
We can't imagine a nicer, more romantic resort or location; we certainly don't know how we will be able to top this trip! We hope to come back one day!

Room Tip: West Pontoon is closer to the main resort/dining spots. We loved our mountain-view bungalow - 129...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Rachel! Thank you for the great review! We’re so happy to learn that you enjoyed your honeymoon with us and took the time to share your experience here. We’re especially pleased to know that you particularly liked our hard working staff, the grounds, your overwater bungalow and food.
Thanks again for the review and we hope to welcome you back again one day.
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

What can I say that already hasn't been said, other than that I am a changed person after my experience at the Four Seasons Bora Bora. I have never been in a more beautiful place and pinched myself every one of the five days I was there just to realize I was really in paradise. The Four Seasons Bora Bora is unlike any other travel experience I've ever had. I expected awesome, but was blown away by the level of service and luxury we experienced. From the get-go I knew we were in for something awesome when the most beautiful boat whisked us off to heaven. The check-in process was so unique and wonderful... we were met at the lobby by an individual assigned to show us to our bungalow and welcomed us "home," upon entering our "condo" as we called it. There was champagne, a cake, and fruit waiting for us... not to mention the amazing mountain view.

The rooms are unreal - everything is classy and clean. The bed, my god the bed. We're already looking into ordering the pillows/bedding - it was that comfortable. The staff EVERYWHERE knew our name, greeted us, and accommodated our every whim. This hotel is on top of things and it shows. We received an itinerary every day outlining our activities and what we had scheduled. They moved things around for us and made sure we had everything we needed. The pool, spa facilities, beach, restaurants, and lobby are all beautiful and well kept. There were only a few things that were even slightly less than wonderful...

- Room service took over an hour one night and arrived a bit cold... still good, but that was a little disappointing considering how much you pay for it.

- My Husband had some clothes dried and they ended up charging $70 for it... we wish we would have known and now that I read they have dryers I am a bit disappointed we weren't informed.

Otherwise, this place is amazing and if you have the chance to go, you'll be blown away. We sprung for the mountain view OWB and loved watching the sunsets. We loved the sunset bar food and all the food we had was great. The breakfast was typical and had enough to choose from. Basically, what I am trying to say is go... this was a life-changing experience for us and the best way I can think of to celebrate our 5th Anniversary!

Room Tip: Mountain View OWB was amazing!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
GuestExperienceBora, Guest Relations Manager at Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Hello and thank you for you outstanding review - to read that your stay was “life changing “is truly amazing. Our goal is create a memorable and enjoyable experience for our guest and to know that a guest was touched that deeply is truly a source of inspiration. It will be a pleasure to share this review with our staff. Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back one day.
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Arriving into Bora Bora leaves you gobsmacked. Four Seasons is the epitome of excellence in every way. From the comfortable in-room checkin, to the highest service levels to the perfect bungalows with picture perfect views from the the massive bath, the lounge, the bed, the deck...from everywhere. Very difficult to fault - this was the highest standard in French Polynesia we encountered - rooms and service at Sofitel Moorea were great but did not come close to Four Seasons standard and Le Taha'a service was well below Four Seasons and Sofitel Moorea.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello, and thank you for taking time to review your stay. We're thrilled you a had a “perfect honeymoon” and that you enjoyed our signature Four Seasons service, your overwater bungalow and food. Also, thank you for choosing Four Seasons as your honeymoon destination- it’s always a pleasure to read that a guest had a perfect stay! Thanks again and we hope to welcome you back again!
Maple Shade, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

My husband and I spent 11 days at Four Seasons, Bora Bora for our honeymoon in September 2013. It was the trip that dreams are made of. The service was top notch, the rooms and views are breathtaking, and the activities and restaurants were excellent. The staff went above and beyond to ensure that all of our desires were met. We were treated like royalty from start to finish. It was so hard to say goodbye to such a wonderful resort. We can't wait to get back to FS Bora Bora!

Room Tip: Beach View Room 310,on the east pontoon. Water depth was approx. 6 feet deep. The current was not to...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Katie, thank you for the lovely review! We really appreciate you taking the time to review your stay here. We're very happy to learn you particularly enjoyed your overwater bungalow, food and Four Seasons service. We're most happy to hear that you plan on come back to see again one day! Thanks again- we look forward to your return!

Been to Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora? Share your experiences!