“Honeymoon in Heaven” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Bora Bora
London, United Kingdom
“Honeymoon in Heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Best hotel BY FAR in Bora Bora! My husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon in July 2011 and I'm so happy we did as it was by far one of the most relaxing, beautiful resorts we've ever stayed at. And judging by the outside of all the other hotels on the island (during a jet-ski excursion which i would definitely recommend btw) it was THE BEST hotel on the island. The service was literally second to none (as we've found with every Four Seasons experience). The rooms were as gorgeous as the scenery (if that were even possible). The island was simply breath-taking: the definition of postcard perfection. The food at all the restaurants were excellent. And it didn't hurt that a couple of celebs were staying there too! The spa was also very relaxing and has a seperate men and women's jacuzzi which was definitely worth getting a treatment for. Basically it was heaven on earth and I didn't want to leave.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
GuestExperienceBora, Guest Relations Manager at Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Hello- and thank you for the great review! We're so excited that you and your husband where able visit us again! We're most pleased to hear that you particularly enjoyed the, jet-ski excursion, room, service, food and spa.

We look forward to welcoming you back again - Thanks again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (549)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Wow! When we got back from our trip I literally had a hard time coming up with the words to describe how much I loved this every aspect of this trip. The best thing I can come up with is that the Four Seasons Bora Bora is exactly how I picture heaven. Little piece of heaven right here on earth.

Service:
The staff at the FS literally made me feel like Princess Catherine. I was greeted by my name, "Madame Kelley" at each meal and encounter.

Food:
The food is outstanding. My husband and I are very much into food. We lived in New York for a while where every meal is fantastic so we have expectations and they were met by the FS. I need to mention Jerome. One night we were having a little wine at the Sunset Bar and Jerome let us know that if there was anything special we wanted for dinner one night to tell them and they would make it happen. We had a fantastic time dreaming up something wonderful and the chef prepared a special meal for us the next night.

Pool/Beach:
The grounds are gorgeous. We stayed at the beach most days. You can enjoy lunch and drinks at the beach. The staff brings around cool towels, smoothie samples, coconut wedges, water.... basically just anything to make you feel as comfortable as possible. I was craving a Croque Madame on the beach one day and it wasn't on the menu and they made it for me, no problem!

The tasting menu at Arii Moana was wonderful! We loved the concept of small plates and trying different items. Sunset Sushi bar was wonderful. The sushi was fresh and delicious. The breakfast buffet was included each day with our package and we loved it. I loved the juicer! Making fresh juice was fun! They also have a juice of the day each morning that was quite a treat.

Rooms:
We were on the West Pontoon, Lagoon View with a Sunset View. We requested this specifically because we wanted to see the sunset from our room and wanted our deck to have sun in the afternoon. On this part of the platform we didn't see any other bungalows from our deck, just the lagoon which was surreal and romantic with my husband at sunset. I recommend a requesting a sunset view.

The beds are fantastic!! We slept like babies. We came home refreshed and relaxed from all the luxurious sleep on those outstanding beds. It felt like you are sleeping in a cloud.

Activities:
We did the Shark and Bat Ray feeding with the BBQ lunch which was awesome! My husband loved the sharks, I was a little scared but it was awesome! The BBQ lunch on a private island afterwards was such a wonderful experience. We loved it.

We did the complimentary snorkeling tour with Oliver in the FS sanctuary. This was fun, easy and free! Do it on of your first days so you can go back and do it again and again without the tour and know where to go.

We enjoyed the stand up paddle boards which are also complimentary!

Spa, Gym, Yoga:
The spa was wonderful of course. I had the Balinese massage and loved it. Hubs loved the gym. Every morning I practiced yoga on our deck over the water which was mind blowing. It was one of my favorite parts of the trip. I just asked the front desk for a yoga mat and of course they got me one.

From the moment the FS greeter placed a lei around my neck at the air port and transported us in the FS boat to the hotel, greeted warmly with cold water, cool scented towels, I felt a giant sigh of relaxation. The weight of life was lifted off my shoulders. There aren't words to describe how wonderful it feels to be taken care of the way the FS took care of us.

Some people complain that there were kids there. They didn't bother us. In fact, we thought the kids were actually some of the most well behaved kids we had ever seen. It was refreshing to see children behave so well.

The cost:
You can't let the cost get to you. Basically every single thing is expensive. If you decide to go, decide to not look at the cost and enjoy yourself. Otherwise just go to Mexico. Bora Bora is costly and that's that.

The only thing I can think that I would like to request was more wine options by the glass. After a week the same few wines by the glass was a little tiring, but seriously that is the only thing.

We looked at the St. Regis before deciding on the Four Seasons and we decided on FS because it felt less stuffy to us. We went to dinner one night at Lagoon at St. Regis and it was good, but we were still really glad we had chosen the Four Seasons. It was the right choice for us. We are 30ish so the FS was the right crowd.

This trip will blow your mind. The Four Seasons will take your Bora Bora trip from excellent to heaven on earth. Go and enjoy yourself and love life. This place is awesome.

Room Tip: West Pontoon is closest to the pool/beach. Request a sunset view if you want sun on your deck in the...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
GuestExperienceBora, Guest Relations Manager at Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Hello Stephanie! Thanks so much for taking the time to write such a thorough review of your stay - this is sure to be of great help to future guests. And thank you for such a lovely review - we're so happy to know that you had a great stay with us!

We're thrilled to know you particularly enjoyed the arrival experience, Four Seasons service and staff, the restaurants and food (including your special dinner!), the resort grounds and pool/beachside pampering, signature Four Seasons beds, your shark & ray excursion, our marine biologist Oliver, stand-up paddleboarding and the Spa. And thanks for your feedback on the wines by the glass - we'll certainly look to see where we can expand that!

Thanks again for choosing us, and we hope to welcome you back again one day!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Can't say enough about this place. Beautiful surrounding ,superb service by hotel staff .all around best trip we ever had. We will be definitely be back. We loved our room with its beautiful mountain view and very private. Restaurant staff will greet you with big smile every time and they looked sincere doing it. When travel around , most places , staff do smile at you but they don't really mean it(you can see it their eyes). We did love the food as well. I wouldn't say it is a right place for kids. There isn't much to do for them. However if you are couple and looking for one to one quality time and rekindle your love for each other, this is it. I did a quiet bid research and narrowed it down between Fs and St. Regis. I choose FS based on reviews I read. I'm sure that I made a right decision. Hopefully we will be back soon

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
GuestExperienceBora, Guest Relations Manager at Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Hello Shawn! Thanks so much for the great review - we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience here!

We're very happy to hear you had such a great stay with us, and that you particularly enjoyed the beautiful Four Seasons service, friendly, staff and the food.

We too, hope to welcome you back again one day soon!
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

If you are looking for a place to relax and soak up some this place is absolutely stunning! The staff is beyond friendly and quick to help out with any requests. I was there with a group of friends, including 3 kids. I stayed in a 1 bedroom over water bungalow - woke up to the beautiful blue water and mountain every morning! It's very spacious. We also had friends in a 3 bedroom villa which was beyond amazing. They had their own private pool and beach just for them! The spa is quite luxurious (not as big as some other I've been to) but enough to do there and you are surround by the beautiful lagoon water!
The pool was a nice size and there always seemed to be enough seating for everyone and the beach was only a few steps away with a bar close by as well.
The also offer a kids club which is a room about the size of one of the bungalows but it keeps them busy and they often have planned activities (swimming in the lagoon w/a marine biologist) and just outside the kids club is a splash pad - which entertained our kids for hours!

Overall an amazing experience and plenty of places to stroll so we took things slow and were able to do a lot but in a relaxed way!

Room Tip: If you don't want to be too far from the amenities then suggest a bungalow closer to the beach...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hello Trina - thanks for the great review! We're very happy to hear you and your friends had such a nice stay with us. We're most pleased to hear that you particularly enjoyed Four Seasons service and our friendly staff, your overwater bungalow and your friend's beachfront villa, the Spa, pool and Kids For All Seasons.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and we hope to welcome you back again one day!
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

There was absolutely no disappointment when we arrived at the Four Seasons in Bora Bora! The pictures you see on the internet are not deceptive. Everything is even more beautiful in person. The staff are always genuinely happy and smiling. We stayed in overwater bungalow 319 which was a lagoon view, but from our deck we could still see the peak of Mt. Otemanu which was beautiful. The bungalow was immaculate as well. It would be cleaned during the day while we were gone and then at night when we went to dinner, someone would come in and pull the blinds and make our bed again and straighten up. The bed is so comfortable and can be hard to leave. The tub is more like a hot tub that opens up to the view of the lagoon. It was so amazing.

It can kind of be a lengthy walk from the bungalows to other places on the resort (lobby, pool, beach, spa, etc.), but if you call the front desk, they will send a golf cart to pick you up and take you where you need to go. We did the all inclusive package and breakfast, lunch, and dinner was included. Drinks of any sort are not. However, all of the service charges and resort fees are included so that makes a big difference. There is also a 50 minute couples massage included in this package, which was phenomenal as well. The only reason I would advise against this package is if they have a special dinner night, it's not included. They had a wine and dine under the stars special four course dinner one night while we were there, but we didn't go because we already had technically paid for dinner at one of the restaurants. Also, we went over to the main island one night and ate at a restaurant over there. It was a neat experience to see how the locals live.

Service at the restaurants can be a little slow which irritated me a little bit at first. When I'm spending that much money on a trip, I don't want to have to hunt down the waitress to get a refill on my drink. But then I realized their culture is different than ours....they aren't fast paced. They are just happy, stress free, calm people and that's how they work. They were so nice that the service at the restaurants was not a big deal. The food was really good, especially at the Asian restaurant. We ate sushi there a couple of nights and it was amazing. The breakfast buffet at the main restaurant was EXCELLENT every morning as well.

We did two activities while we were there. We did a jet ski tour around the entire island with tour guide Nicholas. He was a great tour guide and very knowledgeable. We were able to see all of Bora Bora this way. It was about $300 and well worth it. We also went on a half day snorkeling with the sharks and sting rays tour. Our guide there was Stephan (I think that was his name) and he was with Lagoon Service of Bora Bora. He was AMAZING!! So awesome. Caught a pelican right out of the sky with his bare hands. He was so much fun to be around and was really involved in making sure our experience was the best ever. I DEFINITELY recommend doing a snorkeling adventure! The underwater life is unbelievable. All of the activities are very easy to book through the concierge. The rest of our trip we just relaxed on our deck and on the beach.

The Four Seasons staff really make you feel like the most important people on earth. From the moment you arrive at the airport at the Four Seasons booth, to the moment you step off the boat into the lobby, to when you leave to head home, you are called by your name. Every staff member was wonderful and attentive. We had absolutely no problems whatsoever.

We were worried that we would get hit with a lot of hidden resort fees/service charges/etc. on our bill at check out, but we didn't. I was very pleased with the amount of money we spent.

Overall, this was the most amazing honeymoon I could have ever asked for! It was everything I was hoping it would be and more! I can definitely see us returning to the Four Seasons at Bora Bora someday in the future. Maybe for our 5 year anniversary! :)

Room Tip: The lagoon view is cheaper and it was the only one left when we booked ours so we had no choice. It...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
GuestExperienceBora, Guest Relations Manager at Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Hi Ashley! Thank you for the lovely review - we really appreciate you taking the time to share your honeymoon experience here with us!

We're honored that you chose Four Seasons for the big celebration, and are so happy to hear that you had such a great honeymoon. We're also happy to know that you particularly enjoyed your overwater bungalow (and that tub!), the Spa, the food, your excursions, Four Seasons staff and service! We also appreciate your feedback on the service speed at the restaurants.

We look forward to welcoming you back for that 5th anniversary - or maybe 3rd if you can't wait ;) Thanks again/
Nesconset, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Four Seasons is well known for attention to detail but this was over and above. I felt like a celebrity the entire week! Courteous and cheerful, every single staff member exuded a desire to please every single guest. The cold fragrant cloths handed out on the shuttle ride to the resort was just the tip of the iceberg.
Food was spectacular, drinks were perfect, and the exotic setting was beyond words. Expect a pricey stay, but worth every franc.

Room Tip: anything in the 100's or 200's has a much shorter walk to the pool,spa, restaurants and beac...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
GuestExperienceBora, Guest Relations Manager at Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Hello Merri Rose! Thanks so much for the lovely review - we're very happy to know that you had such a great stay with us.

And we're pleased to know that you particularly enjoyed the staff and Four Seasons service, the food and drinks and of course the gorgeous setting in paradise.

Thank you for choosing us, and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again!
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

From the moment the beautiful FS yacht picked us up at the airport, to the personal greeting and in-room check-in, we knew we were in for an experience of a lifetime. My wife and I stayed here 8 days for our honeymoon and are glad we chose Bora Bora and the FS over the other destinations we were considering. By the end of the first day, the staff – even staff we hadn’t met – were greeting us by name. We hung out at the pool almost every day and had zero problems finding a chair. The food and the restaurants were excellent. We enjoyed our day at the spa so much that, as we were leaving, we booked additional treatments for the next day. The staff even went above and beyond when my wife had an allergic reaction and broke out in hives. The concierge staff and head of security were very attentive and arranged to have a doctor brought in from town, who examined and treated my wife right in our room (and conveniently charged the visit to our room) :) It was scary there for a bit, but the staff’s attentiveness really helped to calm us and our vacation quickly got back on track. We loved the jet ski tour around the island and are so glad we got over our fears and booked the shark and stingray tour, which was a highlight and an amazing experience. Take the path next to the spa and visit the ocean side of the property at least once. Such a contracting experience compared to the calm lagoon. As other have suggested, get a seat on the left side of the plane to Bora Bora for the best view as you arrive. Also, we’re glad we requested a room on the West pontoon – cut down on a lot of walking to get to the main resort. Oh, and don’t forget to grab some pearls from the jewelry store as a survivor. You pay a premium compared to town, but the staff is super friendly and will take the time to explain the different shapes and varieties of Tahitian Black Pearls. Oh, and your wife will thank you :) Can't wait to go back one day!

Room Tip: West pontoon facing west so you can catch the sunset from your deck.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello Stephan - thank you very much for taking the time to review your honeymoon stay with us!

We're thrilled to know you had a great experience, and that you particularly enjoyed the arrival experience, the staff and Four Seasons service, the restaurants and food, the Spa, Jet Ski and snorkelling excursions and of course your gorgeous black pearls!

Thank you again, wishing you a lifetime of happiness, and many warm returns!

Been to Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora? Share your experiences!