FS Bora Bora was the ultimate honeymoon trip- it was beyond amazing!! We were lucky enough to stay at the resort for 11 days and 10 nights, although we would have loved to stay longer. Immediately at the Bora Bora airport we were greeted by friendly FS staff who helped us with our luggage and guided us on a beautiful, classic boat that would take us to the hotel. The boat trip was beautiful and you'll definitely want your camera readily available at all times during your stay in Bora Bora.
Our bungalow over the water was lovely- lots of little touches to remind you that you are sleeping over the water (glass floorpanes, huge windows/sliding doors, and bambo whistles as the wind blows). One thing we noticed, although it wasn't a big deal since you are in paradise, was there were only 2 channels in English, Foxnews and some sort of European ESPN. We brought lots of movies on DVD with us after reading some really useful reviews. We would definitely recommend bringing some DVDs with you. We also read to bring snacks with us so we did- again, another very useful tip. You will soon notice that everything on the resort is verrrry pricey, so having some food to snack on will save you lots of money during your stay. We met a really nice local at the resort who recommend we do the complimentary boat ride to the town and go to the grocery store to pick up some essentials (wine, beer, and diet coke), another great tip because all beverages are expensive!
We tended to wake up early (I caught at least 5 sunrises) and go to bed kind of early. We tried to maximize our time outside at the beach and pool by going straight from our buffet breakfast to the beach. I definitely recommend you sign up for the buffet breakfast because it is great quality with so many options and you won't be hungry until dinner time (that's if you take advantage of all the delicious food like we did). We loved the breakfast buffet, from omelette stations to fresh fruit bar to seaweed salad to pastries to juices of the day.
We ate at all 3 restaurants at the resort but our favorite was our experience at the Sunset bar. We made a reservation to dine at sunset and it was so beautiful- great sushi too!! We also loved Tere Nui for grill night, you will get an array of fish (parrot, mahi mahi, salmon, tuna) and meat (lamb chops, steak, chicken) options plus a big salad buffet. Trust me, sign up for this!
One thing to note, if you have a food allergy, make it known! I am very allergic to peanuts, walnuts, and pecans and I tried to voice that my first night at Ari mona (not sure how to spell this restaurant) and despite my request for NO nuts, my entree and dessert had nuts. The nuts were not in the menu description and we had to send the items back. The restaurant manager came up to us the next day and apologized and promised that would never happen again and they put my allergy as a note next to our name- I think all the waiters and restaurants knew I had a food allergy by the end of the trip!
Take advantage of the concierge, they are so nice and informative. Definitely do the guided tour of the lagauna with Oliver, we snorkeled in the laguana several times after his tour and it was great learning about what you were seeing and swimming with. We did the shark and stingray excursion, again another big must!! The excursion was so much fun and we even saw a whale with it's baby while enroute to the shark spot...you can't beat that!!
After reading this review, I hope you can see how wondeful FS Bora Bora was for us! We would go back in a second! Just remember to bring some sunscreen and a camera and you will have a perfect time in paradise!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On this mystical island with its necklace of white-fringed coral islets, Four Seasons elevates the excitement to redefine South Seas escape. Exotic over-water suites, and beachfront villas with pools, immerse you in ultramodern comforts and the spirit of French Polynesia. Culinary art embraces operatic sunsets over the island’s primeval peaks. Introduce your family to sea turtles. Kite-surf across the impossibly blue lagoon. Spirit yourselves away in a spa by the rolling Pacific surf. Surrender to the liberating service of a luxury resort unmatched on Bora Bora. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora Hotel Bora Bora
- 4 Seasons Resort Bora Bora
- Four Seasons Bora
- Four Seasons Hotel Bora
- Bora Bora Four Seasons