Just got back from Bora Bora, where my wife and I spent our honeymoon. Aside from the gorgeous scenery and amazing people there, the next biggest highlight was this hotel and resort. Situated on a motu surrounding the main island (most of the major resorts do this) it faces the mountain and offers a majestic view to wake up to each morning.
The rooms are absolutely amazing. If you've never stayed in a bungalow on stilts over the water, this is something everyone should experience. They offer fantastic views and have a rustic feel on the outside while being completely modern on the inside. Don't worry if you forget an electrical converter for appliances as well, as they have a portable one and another permanently affixed in the bathroom. As if there wasn't enough beauty surrounding you, there are various glass bottom portions throughout the floor where you can gaze into the lagoon and catch a glimpse of fish as they swim past.
From the moment we arrived here, the staff was nothing but helpful. They showed us to our rooms and provided us with a delicious and fresh fruit salad inside a hollowed-out coconut while going over the hotel amenities and different options available at the resort. That set the tone for the rest of the stay. Whether it was recommending a particular excursion, making sure a dinner is done just do, or even helping to pick up some unforseen medical supplies, the staff always went above and beyond every single day to ensure that we had the best vacation ever. They also remembered us by name everywhere we went and addressed us accordingly, feeling like old friends after a while.
The food and drinks were nothing short of amazing. While it's true things are costly (hey, you're in paradise in French Polynesia, it happens) the quality of all ingredients used are well worth the price. Every single time we went to the mainland, we wished we were back at our resort and enjoying the delectable items they had there instead of scrounging around for other scraps. After one special dinner they also remembered all my dietary preferences and made meals just for me, without me having to tell anyone anything.
The resort is well-manicured and it shows everywhere. The pool water is always sparkling and all the woodwork looks freshly put together. One of the highlights was the Spa area and we highly recommend the private couples massage in the Kahaia Suite (you also get an hour of alone time, so keep that in mind). There is also a complimentary Relaxation Room which is perfect for some quiet time. And even though there a few kids running about, don't worry about the noise level, as they are well sequestered at various pavilions throughout the resort.
Your best bet to affording this place is to save a little money here and there when able. Make sure to get a deal that offers a 5th night free and complimentary breakfast. You can take anything you want from breakfast and keep it in the fridge, using it for lunch (that way all you have to buy are more drinks!). Also, before ordering movies from the subscription service, be sure to check out the free DVD's and books they have available for rent from the business center. The Polynesian Show night was also so much fun, highly recommended.
This was a magnificent honeymoon, and a major contributing factor was the Four Seasons. We have already decided to come back here when we renew our vows. See you in 10 years!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On this mystical island with its necklace of white-fringed coral islets, Four Seasons elevates the excitement to redefine South Seas escape. Exotic over-water suites, and beachfront villas with pools, immerse you in ultramodern comforts and the spirit of French Polynesia. Culinary art embraces operatic sunsets over the island’s primeval peaks. Introduce your family to sea turtles. Kite-surf across the impossibly blue lagoon. Spirit yourselves away in a spa by the rolling Pacific surf. Surrender to the liberating service of a luxury resort unmatched on Bora Bora. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora Hotel Bora Bora
- 4 Seasons Resort Bora Bora
- Four Seasons Bora
- Four Seasons Hotel Bora
- Bora Bora Four Seasons