“Paradise does exist!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 18 hotels in Bora Bora
White Plains, NY
“Paradise does exist!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

We just returned from the St. Regis Bora Bora. The property was amazing and the staff was exceptional. Svetlana was ourstanding. Bertrand was so accomodating. Raji (sp), the best beach attendant ever. I highly recommend staying at this property.

• Stayed October 2013

1,152 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (336)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

I am at St.Regis as I'm writing this review. I'm on my honeymoon here and I absolutely love it here. Bora Bora island is the most beautiful place I ever been to and trust me I'm very well traveled person. Every view, no matter which way you look is postcard worthy. Service here is mind blowing. Our butler Sebastian is the MAN!!! He's like a superhero. I have to say it's very expensive here but so worth it. I would give everything to stay here one more week but my husband has to go back to work;(
I will defiantly try to come back here once we get back on our feet after this trip.

• Stayed October 2013
Kailua, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

The title of this review was the slogan we noticed on the back of a St. Regis Bora Bora folder. We had just finished our lunch at the Lagoon by Jean Georges, which followed a cooking class. The cooking class was excellent and definitely one of the top hotel experiences we've ever had. Chef Antoine is so gracious to share his skills and it is a rare opportunity to be behind the scenes of such a great restaurant with the people who make it so great. The kitchen was set as if we would eat there, complete with a tablecloth, several wine selections, and place settings. The setting was nice, but the cooking made the experience. We made an appetizer and main course, to include filleting the ahi tuna! After preparing the meal, they guided us to the empty main dining room so they could finish the cooking while we enjoyed wine and excitedly discussed what we had learned. What a great time and incredible meal.

When you plan a trip to Bora Bora, you expect beautiful scenery. I must admit, while my wife and I were on the boat en route to the hotel I said it must be more dramatic arriving from somewhere other than Hawaii. I continued to eat my words after saying that. Every view, every gaze, every moment is paradise. The physical beauty is unlike anything I have seen and we continue to describe blues in terms of the water depth in the lagoon.

What you don't expect, or can't fully comprehend, is the hospitality you will receive. The experience at St. Regis Bora Bora will be hard to even match, not to mention surpass. Everyone you meet will greet you with a smile and "Ia Orana," the Polynesian greeting. Although everyone we had the opportunity to meet was great, Lauren, a waitress, and Guillaume, the sommelier, were true pleasures to be around. They were complete professionals and passionate in the food and wine. My wife and I have discussed returning solely to see these two wonderful individuals.

A stay at the St. Regis Bora Bora will be wonderful. No matter the occasion, the physical beauty, wonderful food, and most importantly, the top notch staff will ensure your stay is a memorable one.

Room Tip: We enjoyed a premier overwater villa facing Mt. Otemanu. The main difference seemed to be a separat...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Most of what i would say is in other reviews but here are my highlights.

Pro's:
The over-water bungalows are amazing. Having one with a view of the mountain is definitely a plus for pictures. The water is crystal clear and refreshing. The staff is very accommodating and always looking to please you. The pool and beach areas are huge and gorgeous. The variety of food on the resort can allow you to never leave it. Best restaurant was sushi take.
The breakfast buffet is ridiculous and bountiful. We almost never ate lunch because it was so expansive.
The SPA, wow. Best massage of my life.

Cons:
The bartenders lack bartender skills. They eye all measuring therefor drinks are inconsistent. If i'm spending $25 for a cocktail I want it to not only have enough alcohol, but taste good.
There are NO hottubs on the entire resort. They do NOT heat any water in the pool, the jacuzzis in the spa, or the "hot tubs" in the large bungalows. They say it is a hot tub, but is infact just water heated by the sun (so luke warm at best).

We HIGHLY recommend staying here, but thought we could point out a few of the minor flaws.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Wow Wow Wow, you are wow'd from the moment you get picked up by the St Regis yacht at the airport, to the moment you dock at the hotel with hot towels and welcome drinks awaiting you, to the moment you leave and you look at the hotel for the very last time.

Everywhere you go on this resort is beautiful and picturesque. Our rooms were huge and we had treats given to us every day. There are too many good things to say, so here are the highlights: Bicyling around the resort, Non-motorized water equipment, view of Mt. Otemanu from our villa, sunset drinks at the Lagoon Restaurant, freshest sashimi at Sushi Take restaurant, and the lagoonarium is unreal,

The only two disappointments of the trip was our massage service, which was included in our package through Pacific For Less and food from room service. It was the most frustrating massage I've had where the masseuse exerted no pressure at all, even repeatedly asking her to increase the pressure. If felt as if she was just rubbing oil on my skin. I complained to the spa receptionist and they explained that this was part of the "relaxation" massage. However, my husband said his masseuse was good. The food from room service is a complete rip-off, don't order the pasta because it's bland and super expensive. I understand food in Bora Bora is expensive but at least simple foods like spaghetti bolognese can taste better?

The breakfast buffet is phenomenal, one of the best hotel breakfast I've had with vast selection and great service.

Don't bother going into the main island because you'll be stuck there with nothing to do while you wait for the shuttle boat back to the resort. This basically means you probably won't be needing a shuttle boat during your stay.

We stayed one afternoon in an Ocean front villa. It was huge, had an ocean view with a small pool, but definitely not worth it. Stay in an overwater villa! Better yet, stay in the Presidential suite, you can jump from the edge of your infinity pool directly into the lagoon.

Room Tip: get a room that faces Mt Otemanu
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Greenwich, Connecticut, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Fantastic hotel and my best vacation experience to date. Most of it covered in other reviews so I won't duplicate.

Some of the travel tips I picked up while I was here and from a friend who also visited that aren't in a lot of these reviews:
- They do not want you going to other hotels and charge a ridiculous surcharge for the boat trip there. I wanted to try the Four Seasons restaurant and was flat out told no by some concierge, and others indicated a close to $100 boat charge.
- The bikes on site are miserable. Warped tires, gears that don't work, uncomfortable seats. My wife was pregnant and needed a more stable bike, so they let us use the three wheelers that housekeeping uses. Ask for a lock so you can call dibs on the few decent bikes around.
- Food is decent, but nothing spectacular and nowhere near the cost. The burger was the best dish we had.
- It got cold at night so a light jacket might be necessary (July timeframe).
- Tennis court had no pros available to hit with! Bummer.
- Internet is pretty decent and supposedly much better than other hotels (due to James Cameron's generosity while working on Avatar editing there).
- Lagoon snorkeling is much better in the early morning. Water was crystal clear and was not like that later in the day.
- Villa Mahana was closed, but apparently you need to reserve dinner here VERY early in your planning process and is a must try.

Hope that helps!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

What an upstanding treat this resort is! We stayed for eight nights and would have been happy with eighty. From the moment we were greater by Resort staff with leis at the airport to the moment they dropped us back to the same spot we were treated as well as any couple could hope for anywhere in the world. The Resort itself is in prime position on the lagoon, ensuring great views and a multitude of fish under your over the water villa. The Villas are superb, with a spacious bedroom, huge bathroom and separate lounge, as well as a private sun deck and a ladder into e lagoon so you can swim directly off the deck. They are serviced twice daily by professional, friendly staff.

Perhaps the best touch is the Butler who is assigned to you. Ours was Marania, who couldn't have been more helpful. Everything we needed was at her fingertips and delivered with a smile. She seemed to have a sixth sense, turning up just when we were thinking of calling! If there is a better hotel staff member anywhere we would love to meet that person!

The rest of the staff throughout the resort, from concierge who arranged our great day trips (swimming with sharks, rays and in a coral garden; jet skiing) from a large menu of activities (and there's plenty of free stuff also, from snorkelling in the private lagoonarium to kayaking); to the ever attentive restaurant staff in the the four restaurants; were just amazing. The right balance of service and friendliness, all with a certain Tahitian charm.

We found the food to be excellent, especially considering the remote location of Bora Bora and the disappointing food that is often served in the Pacific. Don't miss the huge breakfast buffet, although you can have room service breakfast in your villa or even in oer locations throughout the resort (just ask).

This is a definitely a couples resort, with lots of honeymooners evident. Bt the resort is so huge (42 acres) that you can be virtually on your own all ay and night long. Take advantage of the golf cart pick up service or take a casual walk through the immaculate gardens. The resort has a private beach also.

We didn't go into the main island but those who did were not impressed.

In summary, this ranks as the best resort we have visited (and we have travelled most of the world). The mix of luxury, great staff who want to make your holiday special, and the magical location cannot be beaten.

Note: I am partially confined to a wheelchair, but the staff took this in their stride. Not once was I unable to attend something or get somewhere, including on off resort trips.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort? Share your experiences!