Fantastic hotel and my best vacation experience to date. Most of it covered in other reviews so I won't duplicate.
Some of the travel tips I picked up while I was here and from a friend who also visited that aren't in a lot of these reviews:
- They do not want you going to other hotels and charge a ridiculous surcharge for the boat trip there. I wanted to try the Four Seasons restaurant and was flat out told no by some concierge, and others indicated a close to $100 boat charge.
- The bikes on site are miserable. Warped tires, gears that don't work, uncomfortable seats. My wife was pregnant and needed a more stable bike, so they let us use the three wheelers that housekeeping uses. Ask for a lock so you can call dibs on the few decent bikes around.
- Food is decent, but nothing spectacular and nowhere near the cost. The burger was the best dish we had.
- It got cold at night so a light jacket might be necessary (July timeframe).
- Tennis court had no pros available to hit with! Bummer.
- Internet is pretty decent and supposedly much better than other hotels (due to James Cameron's generosity while working on Avatar editing there).
- Lagoon snorkeling is much better in the early morning. Water was crystal clear and was not like that later in the day.
- Villa Mahana was closed, but apparently you need to reserve dinner here VERY early in your planning process and is a must try.
Hope that helps!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The exclusive St. Regis Bora Bora is 44-acre island resort located in Polynesian paradise. Our elite accommodation features the 13,000 sq ft Miri Miri spa and Lagoon Restaurant by Jean Georges. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Amex, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Otel, Low Cost Holidays and Jetsetter so you can book your The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The St. Regis Bora Bora Hotel Bora Bora
- St Regis Hotel Bora
- St Regis Bora Bora
- St Regis Resort Bora Bora