“Absolutely Amazing!!! Should Totally be #1 on this List!!” 5 of 5 stars

The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Motu Ome'e, 98730 , French Polynesia   |
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Bora Bora
Decatur, Georgia
“Absolutely Amazing!!! Should Totally be #1 on this List!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

We first were in Moorea for 5 nights, where we had our wedding ceremony. Moorea was amazing, yet we saved the best for last with the last 5 nights going to St. Regis Bora Bora!! We had one of the last bungalows on our Bungalow Trail. Amazing!! Service Amazing!!! Everything about the stay was amazing!!! We want to go back!! We came back to our Tahitian Inspired Party for all of our friends and family in the US, and the drink we imitated was the April Drink of the month,Te Natura from St. Regis Bora Bora. Was a hit as our specialty cocktail for our party.

It really is true...once you go St. Regis...you don't ever want to go back!!

Room Tip: Save your money and book here for your dream vacation!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (409)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

We went back and forth FOREVER about whether to stay at the St. Regis or Four Seasons and were very pleased with our choice. The St. Regis property is absolutely beautiful. My husband kept saying that it looked straight out of a movie set and I couldn't stop taking pictures of how beautiful it was. We ate at the Italian restaurant, the sushi restaurant and Lagoon and the food was fantastic at every single one. We were very pleased with the breakfast every day as well. Cooked to order eggs or waffles, and a wide variety of other breakfast items such as bacon/eggs, salmon, breakfast breads, cereals, fruits, cheeses, juices. There was plenty to choose from every day. We also had lunch almost every day by the pool. We were very pleased by the food overall at the resort.
We were celebrating our 10 year anniversary and renewed our vows at the St. Regis. Karine assisted us with planning our renewal ceremony and she was amazing! She was extremely diligent and constantly checked in with me before our arrival. She was also always available once we arrived and there throughout the day of the ceremony. I was extremely impressed with her attentiveness and level of service. It was even more impressive considering that it was just me and my husband there for the ceremony. She arranged to have my hair/makeup done and we had pictures taken by Wim and everything turned out wonderfully.
We used the fitness center a few times and it certainly had enough to get in a decent workout. We went to snorkel at the Lagoonarium when they were doing a fish feeding and got some great underwater pictures. Other than the first day, when we arrived there late, we had no real issues finding bikes. Some of them are a little worn down, but you can certainly still ride them. The first day we had some issues with the toilet flushing, but they were addressed pretty quickly after we called. On our last day, we had a late flight and the hotel gave us a late check-out at 4 p.m. for no charge.
We booked our trip with Pacific For Less and received a number of extras such as a couples massage, champagne and sweet treat. Pacitic for Less also provided a free shark and sting ray feeding tour and it was one of the best tours we have ever been on. Definitely bring an underwater camera for that one! We also went to Villa Mahana and ate at the VIP table, which was arranged at Pacific for Less. It's a pretty pricey meal ($450 which included the alcohol pairing), but it was delicious. Definitely spray on the bug spray before you go there though.
All in all, we couldn't be more pleased that we picked the St. Regis.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Let me say that this is one of the nicest resorts in which we have stayed. The grounds, the staff, and the views are simply amazing. It is worth the price of admission, and worthy of a special occasion as we were celebrating my wife’s birthday. It has been her dream to go to Bora Bora for the past 9 years.

We arranged our trip entirely through Pacific For Less with Jennifer, one of their senior travel agents. She was responsive, professional, and clearly communicated the terms of the trip upfront so there were no surprises. Thanks PFL!

LOCATION

In Bora Bora, location is everything, and the St. Regis is on the side of the island that you want to be on. It is on the side with arguably the best view of Mt. Otemanu. It is on a motu just south and east of the airport and off of the main island of Bora Bora – which is exactly what you are looking for! Stick to the St. Regis resort and it’s 40+ acres – you will not be disappointed as long as you end your trip to French Polynesia here!

AMENITIES

Where do I begin? Tennis courts. Full exercise facility. World class spa. Excellent snorkeling. Full service beach, including Hobie cats, stand-up and paddle, kayak (all complimentary), and jetski (extra cost). Need to buy pearls? There is a Robert Wan store on site (we bought some pearls for my wifes birthday!) Hungry? Plenty of restaurants including sushi, Italian (just opened, Sept 2013), breakfast bar, and full service beach bar (the Bora Bora pizza is perfect for a couple to split!). The lagoon restaurant was the perfect place for world-class food with amazing sunsets – we also had cocktails there several nights before dinner! You will not feel a need to leave the resort, but if you do…

SHUTTLE / TRANSPORTATION

Of course the St. Regis will greet you at the airport, grab your bags, take you to/from airport, as well as provide daily taxi service (complimentary) to the main island of Bora Bora. However, I’d recommend sticking around the resort as the service and food are excellent. We ate off property one night, for my wife’s birthday), and it was a disappointing experience (we wished we had stayed at the St. Regis and eaten at the lagoon restaurant complete with live music by a local artist!)

ACCOMODATIONS

This is where you really cannot go wrong – they know how to build the ultimate overwater bungalow. These are huge suites with separate bedrooms and enormous bathrooms that will rival your first, post-university apartment. We were initially put in room 210, which does face the mountain, however, it does not face THE Mt. Otemanu; so, we were moved to 226 which has a complete view of the famed Mt. Otemanu (thanks to Nina, front desk manager for making that happen!) We considered the Premier Overwater bungalow with the Jacuzzi outside; however, given the outstanding conditions of the lagoon, who wants to sit in a Jacuzzi? Trust me – you will want to jump off your villa deck at every opportunity (even if you are fully clothed! My wife did this almost every day! ) to enjoy the experience of being here. Accomodations are hard to beat.

STAFF

Where do I begin? The St. Regis Bora Bora really raised the bar in terms of customer service. We were addressed consistently as Mr. and Mrs. At every meeting, our butler, Konstantin, went over and above to make sure our stay was fantastic. For example, when our dinner table one evening was initially not on the beach as requested (but rectified in 10 minutes to an on-beach dining experience), he made sure we were taken care of at the following evening’s cocktail hour. His intuition was consistent and persistent throughout our stay – and he even called on his day off to make sure things were going smoothly (and to wish my wife a happy birthday!!). Our hostess, Thanh Min, always greeted with a smile. She provided the same level of service to every other vacationing/honeymooning couple. In addition, she offered several times to take our pictures with our camera! Food & Beverage Mgr, Vincent, also greeted us at every opportunity & picked up on important occasions with a handwritten “happy birthday” note along with celebratory champagne & cake in our bungalow after dinner. This was a nice surprise & made my wife smile – his thoughtfulness made up for a lackluster dinner experience on the main island of Bora Bora.

We’ve traveled all over the world – after all of the trips, it comes down to the staff at the hotel that really makes the difference. Numerous other St. Regis staff members went all out to make sure we were happy and had what we needed. After an 8 hour flight from LAX and 50 minute transfer to Bora Bora, you will want nothing but the best.

Maruuru to Nina, Konstantin, Vincent, and Thanh Mi for making our St. Regis stay the trip of a lifetime!

Until next time…

Jonathan & Marwa

Room Tip: Go for something in the 224-228 range for the best view of Otemanu!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We just returned from our wedding and honeymoon at the St. Regis Bora Bora and it exceeded all expectations. We decided to elope and chose one of the most romantic places on earth to have the ceremony. I cannot say enough about how wonderful the resort wedding planner Karine was. From the very beginning she was prompt in her emails, extremely flexible with plans, and provided me with great suggestions for our entire stay. She arranged my hair/makeup, photography, videography, and was on hand THE ENTIRE DAY of my wedding to help me with any of every request. We had a legal wedding in the morning at the town hall (all coordinated by Karine) and then a regular ceremony in the afternoon on the beach. Since I was there without family she helped me in and out of my dress and also took care of small details like getting all my things back to my room as my new husband and I went directly from photos to a sunset cruise. If you get married at the St. Regis I highly recommend the sunset cruise and dinner as your wedding dinner. This was an alternative option to us because all the private dining was booked. This should be the only option as it was the most romantic way to end our wedding ceremony. Didi picked us up (in full Tahitian attire) in his outrigger immediately after we finished taking photos. We sat right up front in the boat and sipped on Bora Bora Punch while cruising around the lagoon as the sun was setting behind the mountain. It was amazing and only topped by our dinner. We arrived at a private motu and were shown to our table. The water was lit next to the table so we could watch the fish while we ate. The dinner included lobster, fish, chicken, and delicious vegetables. It was one of the best meals we had on the island...the lemon cheesecake was insanely good! At the conclusion of our dinner and before we took the boat back to our resort, we were entertained by Didi as he performed a Tahitian fire dance. It was a great way to end our wedding day! Thank you Karine for this amazing suggestion!

As for the resort in general - it is absolutely beautiful and we had a wonderful time riding our bikes to get from place to place on the property (or getting picked up by golf cart when we were lazy). Snorkeling in the lagoonarium was amazing as it was filled with different kinds of fish and coral. We definitely recommend doing a half day hike on the main island...it was a great activity and we had amazing views at the top of one of the small peaks. The restaurants at the resort were also top-notch. Breakfast was included for us and it was very tasty! The waffles, french toast, and crepes were definitely the highlight for me in the morning. Lagoon was amazing and reserving a table outside on the terrace to watch sunset is a must. We can't wait to return for our anniversary!

Room Tip: Definitely get a room facing the mountain....room 225 was a great choice!
Palm Desert, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

We did most things at the resort...I've rated restaurants separately (needless to say, they got 5 stars). Service was top notch. Overwater villa with view of Bora Bora unbelievable. Local beach things (stand up paddle boarding, hobie cat 16 sailing, kayaking all great. The gym was clean and had great equipment. Spa/massage were great. Tennis court was artificial grass with sand....a way nice surface that I'd never experienced...slow but with true bounces. The resort has nice rackets (Babolat and Wilson)...if you plan on playing, bring a can of balls...the ones there are kind of sad. The lagoonarium was fun and a nice warm up to snorkel in the real lagoon. We did hire outside guides for snorkeling and jet skiing---Moana tours---they were great (5 star) and we saved a few bucks over the St. Regis option.

Room Tip: This is the BIG TIP!.... use Pacific For Less tours! They got us a bunch of upgrages and were very...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We were debating where to stay for our honeymoon, Four Seasons or St. Regis and I am very happy we decided to go with St. Regis. The property is beautiful. The amenities included kayaking, paddle boarding, bikes, sail boat, pool floaties, jet skis ( at an additional charge). The Lagoonarium has great snorkelling. We saw sting rays and fish outside our bungalow. I would also recommend going all the way to the end of the bungalows as to there is a lot of fish there because coral started to grow on the pillars supporting the walkway. We even saw a small shark and family of sting rays. Really cool.

The staff was very nice and accomodating. I think the hotel needs to hire extra beach/pool staff/wait staff as to I only believe there was 2-3 at time. I had to ask the staff to bring me towels. They were not attentive in setting up chairs/umbrellas. We also had the butler as an added service to our villa. Honestly, didn't receive any service above and beyond from the butler.

I do hope this review is helpful when people come to Bora Bora. I thought it was going to be a little different. If you decide to leave the resort for dinner, the boat transport is at 6 pm every night. Then a taxi takes you from your restaurant at 830 to get back to the dock by 9. The boat ride is about 8 minutes. There is no night light, bar life, etc. Also, if you want to leave the resort during the day, there is also a day schedule to visit the town. I was feeling cabin fever at times. ( I believe Four Seasons leaves at 7 or a later time. Not 100% sure)

Everything in Bora Bora is expensive.
Here are some examples:
Cheapest Entree at a restaurant is $30 XPF,
At the St. Regis, cheapest lunch is $28- 30 XPF, which I recommend splitting as to the portions are large. Food was really good. There was no avocado during our stay. ( Actually a lot of things, St. Regis ran out of. Pool Cups, avocado, certain vodkas. Whoever does their food/ liquor buying should be fired.
Drinks at St. Regis are $20 XPF ( drinks are ok, very weak)
Off the Resort $15 XPF
I would recommend buying some duty free wine/alcohol at LAX.

What you need to bring:
If you are staying at St. Regis, you can bring a canteen to fill up water during the day at the pool. This is also sustainable to the environment. When St Regis ran out of their branded logo cups, the staff gave out styrofoam cups. Horrible...
Very casual, flats/sandals/wedges. No heels needed.
Lots of sunblock.
Credit card with no exchange fees

Where to eat in order:
1) Villa Mahana ( reserve a table a couple months in advance) Food was amazing
2) Jean Gorges ( Great View)
3) Bloody Marys ( Walk in, and all fish/meat is on display and then you choose your food)
4) Mookai (Great Sashimi, lamb chops)
5) St. James( great salads, just went there for lunch)

What we did in Bora bora
1) Shark and stingray tour ( This was amazing)
2) Jet Skiing ( a lot of fun)
Highly recommended.

I also do want to mention that breakfast was included in our stay. However, it was so boring. This was the dullest breakfast buffett I every ate. Everyday the following:
Hashbrowns, sasuages, bacon, pancake, french toast, muffins, croisttants, bread, smoked fish, 2 types of quiche, cantonese rice, miso soup, ham, chicken, salami, 2 types of cheese. there was also three types of cereal. No parfaits, no muselis, no oatmeal, nothing special. To order, one had the options of eggs ( practically anyway you like them) , omlettes, crepes and waffles. Juices were banana, orange, pineapple, mango and grapefruit. Upper management really needs to visit Miravel in Tuscon, Arizona to understand what a breakfast buffett should include.

Our trip was booked thru Pacific for Less. I would recommend booking thru the company. We receievd a complimenty couples massage, champagne and chocholate ( which was not there when we arrived, disappointing), shark and stingray tour, villa mahana and jean georges reservation.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 103 which was facing the mountain. All rooms facing the mountain are the best in m...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Sugar Land, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

My wife and I traveled to the St. Regis in Bora Bora last month for our 25th anniversary. It was spectacular! The resort, bungalows, and service are fantastic. We had never been to French Polynesia before, and we would love to be able return again in the future. It is a wonderful place to get away from the daily routine and work.

The water is unbelievable as the lagoon features every shade of blue and light green. The shark and ray feeding excursions was the most memorable activity we did. I didn't expect my wife to get into the water with the sharks in the lagoon but she did. Swimming with them in the lagoon and ocean was something I will never forget. The jet ski tour of the lagoon arranged thru the concierge was also a lot of fun!

I've never seen so many stars at night like there. Every night, we saw meteors in the sky from our private deck.

The bungalows are outstanding, and it is very relaxing to walk the grounds at the resort. The beach on the lagoon is very relaxing too with the beach service personnel bringing you fruit and water constantly. The breakfast buffet is wonderful.

If I could change one thing about the St Regis, I wish they offered more equipment in the fitness room as there are no treadmills or elliptical machines.

Also, allow me to tell you why I was so happy we chose to book this trip with Pacific for Less. While I travel a lot internationally, I appreciated the help they offered during the trip. They also helped me because Air Tahiti delayed my LA to Papeete flight by 15 hours from Friday night to Saturday afternoon. We intentionally flew to LA a day early to spend the two days there before traveling to Tahiti, and Pacific for Less was able to get us on the Friday afternoon flight 7 hours earlier with about 4 hours of notice. Otherwise, we would have lost one of our five nights at the St Regis in Bora Bora due to Air Tahiti.

Initially, I was not sure about using an agent with whom I had never met, but I was in Maui in July, and Claudia met me in person there to tell me more about the trip. I was very happy with the experience of using them as my agent. They were also able to provide me with some of the incentives that while advertised on SPG and the St Regis site in general, they were not publicly available in the month that I traveled.

I don't normally spend the kind of money on a trip to go to a luxury resort or visit a place like Bora Bora, but I can tell you it was definitely worth it for our anniversary!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort? Share your experiences!