“Perfect Vacation” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Bora Bora
Tempe, Arizona
“Perfect Vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

This vacation was for our 25th anniversary. We had not been on this type of vacation since our honeymoon, and wanted to make this special. We chose Jackie at Custom Tahiti Travel and were overjoyed with how she took care of all our vacation needs. This is the only vacation where everything went as planned. From the time we arrived at LAX, all travel, accommodations, meals and excursions were just exactly what we were told to expect. We spent one night in Papeete, 3 nights in Taha'a and 6 nights at the St. Regis, Bora Bora. We were met upon arrival at airport and took a beautiful boat ride to the resort. From there, it was like a fantasy dream. The resort is gorgeous. The overwater bungalows are large and decorated nicely. The view is to die for. We had a view of Bora Bora. Our package came with a 50 minute massage. Highly recommend it. Spa was very nice and a great way to start the day. All of the meals we had were great. The sushi restaurant on the property is a must. The lagoon restaurant view is unbelievable and the meals were great. The breakfast buffet was, by far, the best we've had. The selection of food was fantastic. We really had a vacation of a lifetime. We did the stingray and shark feeding excursion and it is well worth it. It was a small group of people (10 to 12) and the boat operators made the trip very enjoyable. We took an evening boat ride over to Bora Bora for dinner at a French restaurant (can't remember name, but everyone knows about it. just ask whoever is booking your vacation). The restaurant is small with 8 or 10 tables. The Chef takes your order and recommends what goes with it. His wine recommendation was perfect. It was the most expensive dinner my wife and I have ever had.......and it was worth every penny. We can't wait to go back. When we do, we will use Jackie again. All of her recommendations and suggestions were right on. She knew all of the properties we stayed at and knew the best rooms for the kind of view we wanted. I highly recommend talking to her if you are planning a trip to Tahiti.

Room Tip: We chose a room far away from the main resort. If walking, it took about 7 minutes to walk to main r...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (376)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

IBora Bora is the most beautiful place that I have ever been to. The colors of the water, the views with the mountains and the resort takes it to another level.The white beaches, including the private beach at the hotel, the Lagoonarium... simply amazing. The views from the Lagoon restaurant were so amazing. Our over the water bungalow was amazing! It was more that spacious for two people. You can ride bicycles around the resort or hop on a golf cart, which you need to call to your room for pickup. Hotel location and staff was excellent, including the boat ride from the airport. We did a local Land Rover 4x4 Excursion and a jet ski tour which is highly recommended. The Lagoon restaurant food and views were amazing! The chicken samosa were the best! The breakfast buffet was great too....the juices were fresh, eggs are made to order and there is plenty of variety of breads, meats and fruits. The pool bar had great snacks and drinks. The Miami Vice is a must! Food and beverage prices are high, so plan accordingly! DVD collection is not great, I would take some DVD's to watch in the evening. The spa was a bit pricey but well worth it. Amazing hot stone massage!! I would highly recommend this resort.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

We recently booked a stay at the St. Regis Bora Bora through Jackie at Custom Tahiti Travel. Our stay at the resort was wonderful, a few hiccups but that is to be expected at such a big property. One of them however involved theft of cash from our room which is rather unfortunate considering how much money we were spending to be there.

Jackie arranged our stay with lots of bonuses for no extra cost. She was wonderful answering all of our questions and was able to book everything for us. The value of using this travel agency and Jackie was tremendous and their pricing is very competitive. I highly recommend using them for your honeymoon or vacation.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

My husband and I recently returned from our 8 day honeymoon at the St. Regis, Bora Bora. We absolutely LOVED our experience there. Both the island and the resort are gorgeous. I consider myself fairly well travelled, having explored Australia, Japan, much of Europe and the Caribbean and I was extremely impressed with this resort. The grounds are perfectly maintained, it almost doesn't look real! It looks as pretty at night as it does during the day. The way the palm trees and little light posts line the walkway in the evening is so nice. The water color truly is like nothing I have ever seen. The bungalows, as many others have commented, are huge and the decor is tasteful I thought. We liked the huge bathtub and open shower side by side in the bathroom. The spa is gorgeous and offers an amazing view of the mountain with super neat comfy chairs and a hammock. We enjoyed the couples massage very much. We didn't find the resort too large to walk about, granted our bungalow was only the 4th one out from the main area however we often walked to the ends of the resort and found the walk very enjoyable and never needed to accept rides in the golf cart (we would be asked pleasantly if we would like a ride almost every time a cart passed us by). The weather was beautiful; a hot sun but the breeze made the temperature very comfortable. The chair/beds around the pool and the beach were very comfortable as well and there were always many free. The pool/beach boys would come by and offer cold water, fruit and yummy little slushies in shot glasses. Small snacks were given when we ordered drinks at the bar. We were very happy with the breakfast buffet (this was included in our package) and found there to be many, many options. Crepes, waffles, eggs and omelettes were made to order. We did not have a view of the mountain from our bungalow but found there to be more than enough opportunities to soak up the view from other areas of the resort. We liked how they gave us nightly bottles of water and a little box of cookies each night with turn down service. We ordered dinner to our room one night, a very simple meal - just chicken and pasta, but they still set it up all fancy for us with flowers and candles on our living room table. We had a reservation 1 night at the Lagoon restaurant with a seat on the terrace as we requested. We enjoyed our meal completely right down to the bread! It cost us about $200 US for 2 entrees and a couple drinks.
We absolutely loved the lagoonarium and couldn't believe there was almost never anybody there! On our last 2 days we bought a little bag of fish food from the shop, jumped in and fed the fish. Must have been 100 beautiful fish swimming all around us.
We found the service to be extremely friendly, genuine, helpful, respectful and efficient. We learned, by chatting with many of the staff that the majority seemed to have come from France. They seemed to enjoy their work and came across as pleasant and happy. We never made a request that was not promptly fulfilled. Staff knew our names by the second day.
A final point I will make that will likely only be useful for a small percent of the population is related to wheelchair accessibility. I use a small manual wheelchair (I push it myself) and although St. Regis does not claim to be particularly wheelchair accessible, I found manoeuvring about the resort quite easy. There were only 2 or 3 areas throughout the entire resort where I required assistance (e.g. there are 2 or 3 steps to get onto the terrace at the Lagoon restaurant). No accessibility issues, for me anyways, within the bungalow getting in and out of our bungalows or getting to the pool, main restaurant etc..
No complaints at all! Just a beautiful, relaxing, perfect holiday! We are fairly simple, easy going people but did have VERY high expectations, and these were definitely met and exceeded. We really don't know how anyone could not be satisfied with this resort.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

After almost a full month of researching and planning where to go for our honeymoon, we decided on Bora Bora - we live in Chicago and really wanted to go some place exotic,tropical, very relaxing and with beautiful water but not as overdone as Hawaii and the Caribbean, a place we would likely only go once, maybe twice in our lifetime. We also had only one week to spend so we wanted to feel as though we could take advantage of everything and not feel like we missed out on things. I am a huge beach critic (I grew up traveling to the Mediterranean yearly - parents are from Greece) no place was able to compare to the quality and beauty I found in the Mediterranean, however, having been to Bora Bora, I can honestly say that the most beautiful waters exist in Bora Bora. It was the perfect choice for a honeymoon and if we had to do it all over again, we definitely would.

We spent our honeymoon at the St. Regis for 7 days starting on May 20th; We were not disappointed, in fact the St. Regis surpassed all our expectations. The dream all began once our plane landed in Bora Bora; as you walk towards baggage claim, all the resort boats are waiting to pick you up on the dock. Before I even had a second to admire the beautiful view, a st. regis employee welcomed me and my wife by name and with a lei, they had all our luggage already waiting for us ready to board the Yacht (yes, the st regis has the nicest yacht - 2 level). Waters were waiting for us and it was such a nice warm welcome after traveling for so long - It was as if you were being welcomed home by family. Once we got to the resort, we were welcomed by more staff, given some good tropical ice tea beverage to cool off and cold damp towels that smelled like flowers to freshen up a bit. This was the beginning of the famous moviestar treatment each guest receives at the st regis.

The st regis is the complete package - the resort grounds were amazing, everything cleaned, trimmed, well layed out, beautiful views. - it really does feel like you are in heaven or at least the garden of eden! We never felt that it was overcrowded. There are so many areas to relax, and just hang out. Our favorite spot was the spa area which you can take advantage of even if you do not have a spa service scheduled (nice showers, outdoor jacuzzi, resting area, sauna and steam room. The lagoon is man made, but very beautiful and allows you to swim with so many beautiful fish. We also enjoyed the oasis pool which had private cabanas - they always seemed available which was nice, and with each cabana came a private section of a pool, very private and beautiful landscaping with palm trees, plants - I mean really unbelievable. The beach was very well maintained, definitely not your typical "sandals or Rui" type of man made beaches (I am not bashing on sandals or Rui but I want to make it clear that the st regis at Bora Bora is a complete "Wow" - no need to further elaborate. wow. Also, many of the beach activities were complimentary - bobbie cats, kayaking, canoeing, paddle boats, they had some much to do, and all complimentary. the beach boys were very nice and helped with everything, including always offering free ice water and some fruit throughout the day. Bikes were available everywhere if you wanted to take a bike ride - helped if you wanted to go to one end of the resort to the other - very relaxing.

The rooms were outstanding, we had an overwater bungalow (312) facing the beach, it was absolutely amazing, the most beautiful room we have ever seen. great large tubs, rain shower, very large room too, it felt clean, smelled great, nothing about it made you think twice. It was tastefully decorated, luxury everywhere, bed was comfortable. I don't feel that the mountain view is worth the extra cash, as soon as you jump off your deck, you can see the mountain. The room was the most amazing room we have ever been in. LUXURY

The service is why you go to the St. Regis. My wife and I felt that our every need or request was accommodated with a smile. We cannot say enough about our Butler Sebastian really made us feel welcomed and helped accommodate our every request; he helped with dinner reservations and recommendations, helped drive us from our OWB to different parts of the resort when we just didn't feel like walking (when you are on your honeymoon, I guess it just feels right to be just a bit lazy like that). He is a standup gentleman, great humor and professional in every sense of the word. My wife had a problem with her hair straightener, the converter was not strong enough to handle it - he knew it mean a lot that she have a hair straightener so he actually found a co-worker (server from Jean George who was so sweet) who was willing to let my wife borrow it for the week. This is how nice everyone is on the resort, they bend over backwards for your every request. Another example is a server named Matthew (spelling incorrect sorry), a very nice young man - after my wife mentioned she loved the smell of the towels, he mentioned they were soaked in a solution containing the smell of the frangipane flower - he went out of his way to find us and tell us that he had a small sample of the solution and wanted to give it to us so that we can remember our honeymoon when we get back home. Are you serious? ---> this is service, everyone was so thoughtful and sweet, everyone so respectful.

We cannot thank Sebastian enough for also keeping us in mind for reservations to La Villa Mahana. we did not have RSVP to that restaurant upon arrival and were told people were unable to get an RSVP after trying 3-4 months in advance - I was really disappointed BUT - Sebastian kept us in mind and while I was at the spa just before I was to have a couples massage, I was told that I had a phone call (I felt very important, lol) It was sebastian saying he had great news, somebody canceled and a spot opened up for RSVP at La Villa Mahana and immediately thought of us - you can't get any better than that! La Villa Mahana was the most romantic and delicious dinner we have had together - 5 course menu, absolutely delicious. Was pricey, but hey, it was the most romantic dinner we have ever had, ambiance was amazing, and on our honeymoon, very large portions; Sebastian thank you! if you are ever in chicago let us know.

the stingray and shark tour is a must - our guide was alex and he was great - he made the tour so much fun, even brought us to a little private part of the island, cracked open a coconut and gave it to us to drink the coconut water, cut up some fresh fruits for us and provided some home made fresh coconut bread that he made that morning (his mothers, famous recipe)- it was phenomenal. He helped us make a plate out of the coconut tree leaves which was neat. We really enjoyed spending time with him and felt we were able to experience some of the culture of the polynesian people by participating in that tour - it is a must.- thank you so much alex and hope you are doing well if you are reading this! We didn't do the jet ski tour, but wish we did, others really enjoyed it.

one major perk of the island is that there is complimentary boat transfers from the resort to the main island where many of the restaurants are - each night at about 6pm the boats leave and take you to the main island, then a cab takes you to a restaurant that you made RSVP for - all complimentary! This service alone is enough reason to book at the St. Regis, other places charged you a fee to leave the resort - sorry, but I don't want to feel locked in. I guess the more we traveled off the resort, the more we realized we were so lucky to be at the st regis, and didn't want to leave!

Restaurants off the resort worth going to include - st james - great meal, large portion and very reasonable prices, the drinks were really good too (this would be our choice to go twice if we had to), la villa mahana is worth going once as it is the most romantic meal you will have because of the intimate setting (only 7-8 tables) and ambiance, i felt as though I was in an Italian garden - candlelight everywhere and food is great. Yacht club was ok, nothing to write home about, felt more like a college bar than anything else.

Food at the resort was excellent too, breakfast had lots of options, i love sushi and they had an asian breakfast section which was great. the jean george restaurant was very nice, but the sauces seemed off a bit, otherwise, awesome view and ambiance. i rec. getting desert on the patio each night there. I enjoyed the pool bar area where food was always available, portions were large and you could definitely split most of the options - food in bora bora is expensive, its just the way it is, plan on spending about 100 bucks for breakfast, 150 on dinner each night and about 60 bucks for lunch easy, most days we skipped lunch. I am not a huge fan of french food, and the options are limited, but when you are in the middle of the south pacific, what do you expect. You come to the island and resort to experience pure luxury and beautiful waters - we really felt relaxed following this trip

Do yourself a favor and book at the st regis - heaven is waiting.

Wrightwood, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

This place is beautiful we stayed for 10 days for our honeymoon. We first had a room with a jacuzzi, the room was great but Jacuzzi is not heated and the ocean water is warmer than the jacuzzi. The jacuzzi rooms are closer to the resort restaurants and less of a walk. The room was very big no disappointments.
Them we switched to a mt view room non jacuzzi since we only had a free upgrade for a few days, rooms still beautiful, great view, longer walk to resort restaurants but you can call a butler to come pick you up. Our cheaper room only had very Luke warm water even here I still wanted a hot shower or bath. The pools are great and we used a kayak to go around the resort, it's free. I suggest you do the package to include breakfast it's very good and tons of options Buffett style. We filled up on breakfast everyday and u can Also have eggs to order, waffles, or crepes.
One downside is you can't buy alcohol on the report expect at the bar or room service and its about 20$ a drink USD, it's crazy. Buy some at duty free its worth it or on the main island where there are free shuttles. All restaurants have great food. More tips bring your own underwater camera, everything is expensive here even tampons, bring the clothing u need because the resort shop is limited when it comes to buying things. The Splurge here is worth it.

Room Tip: Mt view is worth it.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Just returned from 12 days in FP, 7 days at Le Taha'a and 5 days at the St. Regis Bora Bora. Loved both resorts for different reasons!

I honestly am convinced at this point that Bora Bora is the most beautiful place ever. The colors of the water, the views of Mt. Otemanu, the palm trees... and the resort takes it to another level. I've never seen a more well-maintained resort. The white beaches, the canopy of palms on the motus, the bridges, the hammock in the water, the Lagoonarium... simply gorgeous. The views from the Lagoon restaurant were so amazing- we had dinner there twice, and on two other nights (including one night when it was closed) we went down at sunset to have a drink, enjoy the view and take pictures.

The OWB are huge and beautifully appointed, and the bathrooms/rainfall shower/dual vanities were the largest I've ever seen in a hotel. I liked the set-up of the swim platform and how deep the water was right off the bungalows (about 8-9 feet)- we had a ton of fun jumping off the platform and taking pictures! With that said, the outdoor space felt a little cramped/closed in on three sides (as compared to the big open space at Le Taha'a), and the lack of privacy I think was the biggest disappointment. We could see and hear our neighbors when they were on their deck at night, and could see straight into their bedroom quite easily. However, we got over that pretty quickly and still spent much of our time outside, and we spent more time going down to the beach/pool as well. The beach was perfect, quiet and peaceful but you could still order your drinks. The day we were leaving the resort, we checked out of our room at noon and then spent the next few hours lounging in our private cabana, reading and swimming at the Oasis Pool.

The amenities were excellent. We kayaked all around the resort, used the bikes when we felt like getting somewhere a little more quickly, walked out to the helipad to see the reef/surf and the views back to Taha'a & Raitaea. We planned to book a couples spa treatment, but when we went on Tuesday to book something, they were full until Saturday (we left on Friday). They said they'd put us on the list for a cancelation but I never heard anything. Kind of surprising, as the resort only seemed about half full. We never felt the need to call for a club car ride anywhere, but several times staff going by asked us if we needed a ride, which was nice. We also did the jetski tour around the island- it was just us and the guide one afternoon. It was SO fun. I highly recommend.

The breakfast buffet was very good, but the croissants were a disappointment after the amazing croissants at Le Taha'a. However, there were lots of fresh options- the ham & cheese croissants, the breakfast quiches, the poisson cru (delicious and fresh every day), and the option of crepes/waffles/eggs etc was great. We had a big breakfast each day and then usually tried to skip lunch. However, when we did want lunch, we were quite disappointed in the menu options. The only things I thought were good were the caesar salad and the club sandwich. Dinners, however, were delicious. Sushi Take was DELICIOUS. If I had known how good it was I would have eaten there more often. We also ate at the Lagoon restaurant twice and did the tasting menu the second time. (Tip- call ahead and book a table on the terrace). Great variety of foods (though the lamb was disappointing) and well-paired wine selections. Speaking of wine, the sommelier at the Lagoon was knowledgeable and the menu extensive. He made several excellent recommendations and even had a bottle we picked out sent ahead to our room with appropriate wine glasses one night after dinner.

Service was a bit spotty at times- twice I requested a drink at breakfast (a diet coke one morning, a cappucino another morning) that never came. However, those little instances were vastly overshadowed by the overall quality of the service. From being greeted by five staff when you get off the boat (yacht!) upon arrival, to the hostess knowing your names by the second day, to turn-down service and cookies every night, to four staff waving goodbye upon your departure...paradise.

We rarely travel to the same place twice but are already talking about our return trip.

Room Tip: Didn't see the value of paying more for the Mt. Otemanu view when we booked. When we go back- an...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort? Share your experiences!