“Destination Paradise” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Bora Bora
Long Beach, California
“Destination Paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I have arrived! Wow! Yes, this is the word, pretty much sums it all to describe the island of Bora Bora. From the moment you landed at the airport, which is on an islet, you will be taken back by the mesmerizing neon blue lagoon with fantastic Otemanu Mountain as the back drop. It seemed as though I was transported and became part of the familiar film The South Pacific. The St. Regis Resort was a welcoming sight, these splendid Overwater Villas, which became my home for 8 nights, the entire experience was flawless. The Deluxe Overwater is worth the upgrade from Overwater Villa, ask for the a unit facing the Otemanu Mountain, do take advantage of the pay 6 stay 8(2 nights free), this is the extended promo of pay 3 stay 4 with free breakfast daily, also ask for the Couples Retreat package, from Deluxe Overwater to free upgrade to the Premier Overwater Villa. "This deal is terrific" pointed out by Geri Miller at Tahiti Discount Travel in Newport Beach, Calif.
She prepared my 15th year Anniversary trip with getting us the best money can buy and added free jet ski excursion for two, very romantic way to see Bora Bora from the water. Also, she recommended and reserved a dinner for two at the resort's restaurant, this is a must , the famous Lagoon Restaurant by Jean Georges, take the sunset deck seating, just amazing & gastronomic experience all together!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (445)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Not enough stars for this island paradise. Absolute perfection in a hotel. From arriving with a butler waiting at the airport/dock, to having a golf cart ready at all times to take you around the island if you are too lazy to ride. Food was absolutely sensational, and the most friendly staff I have ever met. The ultimate in decadence

Room Tip: Definately an overwater bungalow.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

we went here for vacation. this place is so beautiful. overwater bungulow was very nice (though hardly any fishes in the water). i miss bora bora and think about it all the time. i love the lagoonarium here. good selections on restaurants here as well. i recommend eating at the resort rather than at the main island. the prices are reasonable. we had breakfast buffet everyday (part of a package). the only thing i was upset with was that the hotel didnt inform us that they only pick up people at a certain time at the main island, so it was very scary being stuck there in the dark. i would recommend going back in the future. ive been to many places in the world, but so far, none has compared to my trip here.

Room Tip: get a room with the view of the mountain. i really regret not doing so. when i return to bora bora i...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Me and my husband went there for our honeymoon, we stayied in an overwater bungalow. It was an unbelievable experience that I would repeat a thousand times(if it wasn't for the price and for the distance).
Everything was perfect, service in particular was the best service ever, food was delicious, especially the exotic breakfast, (if you go there ask them for some coconut smoothies, it's just really yummy!!). They made us feel like we were in paradise, I think St. Regis is the place that most gets close to heaven on earth.
Everything was perfect and the pictures we took are gorgeous, every shot taken there is good :)
It was definitely worth the money. I would recommend to a friend.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

My wife and I stayed at a Premier OWB for five days and we wish we had stayed longer. The St. Regis at Bora Bora definitely lived up to and beyond our demanding expectations!

We arrived by an eight minute helicopter transfer from Taha´a. Checking-in into the St. Regis was like a breath of fresh air after spending a full week at the abominable Le Tahaa Resort. I still cannot forgive myself for not moving sooner! The St. Regis really set the tone for our vacation and, even though we were there for only a few days, salvaged what could easily have been a disastrous trip to French Polynesia, considering our experience at the previous “resort”.

We visited the Four Seasons Resort for dinner once, and I must say it did not compare to the St. Regis, especially in regards to food and service and the staff´s training. On the other hand, I did find the Four Seasons´ s interior decoration more tasteful and its room design more ingenious (however smaller).

What makes the St. Regis Bora Bora a truly special and unique place, without doubt, is its magnificent staff. They are a group of motivated and young – but very well trained – individuals who seem to actually enjoy being hosts to the hotel guests. I was amazed at the manner they dealt with the rainy weather and its inherent toll on the number of available activities for the guests. They were able to, for example, conjure an amazing pool party within just a few hours from a storm warning.

We were very happy with the hotel´s food and beverage quality and variety. The Jean-George Restaurant is a must! I had the caramelized beef tenderloin with carrots and miso mustard for two days in a row; it was great! Room service is excellent and quick, even though the property is relatively large.

I do not, however, recommend the Sushi Take Restaurant. It is in fact a below par Japanese restaurant, serving oversized rolls with too much rice and too little fish. If one decides to venture dining there, it would be best to sit outside at the terrace, since the raw fish smell near the sushi bar is quite unbearable.

A small but nevertheless important nuisance was the scarcity and condition in which the bicycles were kept. Virtually all bicycles had problems or broken parts. Besides this, there seemed to be a very unpleasant competition going between the guests who almost had to fight for them.

Besides the very few very minor annoyances, this hotel is truly outstanding!

I have a planned trip to New York on April and, due to my wonderful experience in Bora Bora, I literally changed my reservation from my usual hotel – The Pierre – in order to try out the St. Regis NYC; and I am very excited about it!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

My Husband and I went to st regis bora bora for our honeymoon. The hotel is absolutely fantastic!!! We stayed in the overwater bungalow, the room is very nice and big but what deserve the price is the bathroom!!! very big, rain shower and aqua di parma products!!

The day we arrived in the hotel just 5 mins after we enter the room, room service rang the dor with a bottle of champagne a plate of pasta and a fuit platter, it turned out to be a mistake from the room service guy as it was for the neighbour room... but the great news is that they gave us a champagne bottle and a fruit platter for free due to this mistake!!

Service was as you expected nothing more.

Room Tip: Ask for aqua di parma products!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

My wife and I spent 7 nights there and were blown away. The service was impeccable, I was amazed at the effort put forth by the staff to ensure that our stay was perfect. The turndown services on some nights really set the mood :-) The grounds are absolutely breathtaking, we loved walking back to our OWB from the restaurants each night and taking in the views of palm trees lit by accent lights scattered about the property.

The lagoonarium is so-so, coming from Moorea where the reef was right off our OWB deck, snorkeling only went downhill when we reached Bora Bora. The diving however was better.

Restaurants were great. We must have eaten at the Lagoon four times. Incredible food at very expensive prices! Sushi Take was a great experience as well. I recommend eating in your room at least one night, they bring the restaurant dinner table to your bungalow.

Skip Bloody Mary's on the mainland. We went on a Saturday night thinking there would be live music and a bar scene.....wrong. Just an average choice of food options at Bora Bora prices and horrible service. In the two hours we spent sitting on the tree stumps that they call chairs, we saw our waitress once, she asked us if we wanted dessert, which we all politely declined, then was gone in a flash!

For the money you pay to stay at the St. Regis, I recommend you spend your entire time there. Through pickups/dropoffs from your OWB to the boat dock, to boat transfers to/from the mainland dock, then bus transfers to/from St. Regis dropoff and restaurants, it's just not worth your time in my opinion.

The gym was adequate, and you can carve out a great lap for running just by circling through the grounds from the last beach villa to the last OWB. It will be the most beautiful running path you've ever gone down!

We were in RM # 106, a superior OWB, and I would only recommend superior's if it's a free upgrade from deluxe. The only real advantage was the proximity from our bungalow to the main area of the property. It also had a jacuzzi tub that we hardly used because we spent so much time at the beach/pool area or in restaurants.

Overall the week we spent at the St. Regis was outstanding. From the grounds, to the staff, don't forget the food! It was an exceptional place to spend our honeymoon.

Room Tip: Any of the OWBs will suffice. We, like many folks who are planning their trip to Bora Bora, were fa...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple