“OUTSTANDING!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 18 hotels in Bora Bora
Sao Paulo, SP
“OUTSTANDING!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

My wife and I stayed at a Premier OWB for five days and we wish we had stayed longer. The St. Regis at Bora Bora definitely lived up to and beyond our demanding expectations!

We arrived by an eight minute helicopter transfer from Taha´a. Checking-in into the St. Regis was like a breath of fresh air after spending a full week at the abominable Le Tahaa Resort. I still cannot forgive myself for not moving sooner! The St. Regis really set the tone for our vacation and, even though we were there for only a few days, salvaged what could easily have been a disastrous trip to French Polynesia, considering our experience at the previous “resort”.

We visited the Four Seasons Resort for dinner once, and I must say it did not compare to the St. Regis, especially in regards to food and service and the staff´s training. On the other hand, I did find the Four Seasons´ s interior decoration more tasteful and its room design more ingenious (however smaller).

What makes the St. Regis Bora Bora a truly special and unique place, without doubt, is its magnificent staff. They are a group of motivated and young – but very well trained – individuals who seem to actually enjoy being hosts to the hotel guests. I was amazed at the manner they dealt with the rainy weather and its inherent toll on the number of available activities for the guests. They were able to, for example, conjure an amazing pool party within just a few hours from a storm warning.

We were very happy with the hotel´s food and beverage quality and variety. The Jean-George Restaurant is a must! I had the caramelized beef tenderloin with carrots and miso mustard for two days in a row; it was great! Room service is excellent and quick, even though the property is relatively large.

I do not, however, recommend the Sushi Take Restaurant. It is in fact a below par Japanese restaurant, serving oversized rolls with too much rice and too little fish. If one decides to venture dining there, it would be best to sit outside at the terrace, since the raw fish smell near the sushi bar is quite unbearable.

A small but nevertheless important nuisance was the scarcity and condition in which the bicycles were kept. Virtually all bicycles had problems or broken parts. Besides this, there seemed to be a very unpleasant competition going between the guests who almost had to fight for them.

Besides the very few very minor annoyances, this hotel is truly outstanding!

I have a planned trip to New York on April and, due to my wonderful experience in Bora Bora, I literally changed my reservation from my usual hotel – The Pierre – in order to try out the St. Regis NYC; and I am very excited about it!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

1,152 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (336)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

My Husband and I went to st regis bora bora for our honeymoon. The hotel is absolutely fantastic!!! We stayed in the overwater bungalow, the room is very nice and big but what deserve the price is the bathroom!!! very big, rain shower and aqua di parma products!!

The day we arrived in the hotel just 5 mins after we enter the room, room service rang the dor with a bottle of champagne a plate of pasta and a fuit platter, it turned out to be a mistake from the room service guy as it was for the neighbour room... but the great news is that they gave us a champagne bottle and a fruit platter for free due to this mistake!!

Service was as you expected nothing more.

Room Tip: Ask for aqua di parma products!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

My wife and I spent 7 nights there and were blown away. The service was impeccable, I was amazed at the effort put forth by the staff to ensure that our stay was perfect. The turndown services on some nights really set the mood :-) The grounds are absolutely breathtaking, we loved walking back to our OWB from the restaurants each night and taking in the views of palm trees lit by accent lights scattered about the property.

The lagoonarium is so-so, coming from Moorea where the reef was right off our OWB deck, snorkeling only went downhill when we reached Bora Bora. The diving however was better.

Restaurants were great. We must have eaten at the Lagoon four times. Incredible food at very expensive prices! Sushi Take was a great experience as well. I recommend eating in your room at least one night, they bring the restaurant dinner table to your bungalow.

Skip Bloody Mary's on the mainland. We went on a Saturday night thinking there would be live music and a bar scene.....wrong. Just an average choice of food options at Bora Bora prices and horrible service. In the two hours we spent sitting on the tree stumps that they call chairs, we saw our waitress once, she asked us if we wanted dessert, which we all politely declined, then was gone in a flash!

For the money you pay to stay at the St. Regis, I recommend you spend your entire time there. Through pickups/dropoffs from your OWB to the boat dock, to boat transfers to/from the mainland dock, then bus transfers to/from St. Regis dropoff and restaurants, it's just not worth your time in my opinion.

The gym was adequate, and you can carve out a great lap for running just by circling through the grounds from the last beach villa to the last OWB. It will be the most beautiful running path you've ever gone down!

We were in RM # 106, a superior OWB, and I would only recommend superior's if it's a free upgrade from deluxe. The only real advantage was the proximity from our bungalow to the main area of the property. It also had a jacuzzi tub that we hardly used because we spent so much time at the beach/pool area or in restaurants.

Overall the week we spent at the St. Regis was outstanding. From the grounds, to the staff, don't forget the food! It was an exceptional place to spend our honeymoon.

Room Tip: Any of the OWBs will suffice. We, like many folks who are planning their trip to Bora Bora, were fa...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Stay here for 4 days, and never wanted to leave St.Regis,. if its not because of the money hahaha

The resort itself is beautiful, and the view is awesome!!! worth the money
We do hiking, diving , paragliding, and on the last day we go for small snorkeling trip.
we have dinner on the restaurant every night,.. name "The Lagoon" if not mistaken.

But the downside for me is,.. they charge us for wifi connection (seriously)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Hoboken, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the St. Regis for 7 nights on our honeymoon. This was the 2nd half of our trip after spending a week in Moorea. The St. Regis is a beautiful hotel in a great location. We started our week in an over-water bungalow which was great. We were soon upgraded to n over-water suite bungalow: a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom bungalow with a full size pool. This place was incredible! The views of Mt. Pahia were beautiful. I spent hours diving off our deck into the crystal clear water.
We ate in all the restaurants on the resort and were never disappointed. The daily breakfast was quite satisfying. Cocktails and snacks by the pool bar were quite pricey... I paid $25 for a Bloody Mary.... Best Bloody Mary I have ever had.
Overall is was a perfect experience that I will never forget

• Stayed August 2012
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

This is our third time in Bora Bora and our second (and last time) at the St. Regis. Why? Cockroaches in the room (we have killed 4 so far), terrible service (everything is late), and the hotel is understaffed. Despite the poor service, the hotel has time for a staff party - during Easter Break! Go figure! In any event, we were really looking forward to this family trip (7 people including 2 toddlers) and continuously look across the lagoon at the Four Season's and wish we would have made our reservations before they were sold out. No surprise to find out that the St. Regis still has rooms available. Bora Bora is such a beautiful place and the hotel premises are top end, all it needs is a new management team that knows how to run a word class resort. For the prices they charge for everything I suspect they could probably pay for a talented team. Hope the next 7 days left in our vacation are better, can't imagine they can be worse. Hard to run a 5 star hotel with a no star team. In contrast, our stay over New Year's at the Four Seasons was fantastic. Better premises than the St. Regis, plenty of activities for our kids, and world class service. Have no doubt, book at the Four Seasons! It is the best family resort in Bora Bora.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hampstead, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We spent 6 nights at the St. Regis Bora Bora after first staying in Moorea at the Hilton Moorea. We thought it was wonderful & beautiful (which it was), but arriving in Bora Bora was like a dream. The water was indescribable and the view of Mt Otemanu breathtaking. It was great to check into St. Regis while on their boat as you are whisked to the resort. Greeted by staff with a sweet smelling cool washcloth & iced tea, you begin to see how your stay will be. Our villa was not quite ready, so we enjoyed lunch at the restaurant with a view that looks like a Corona commercial. As soon as we finished our lunch, we were told our bungalow was ready & were taken on a golf cart with a tour of the resort & to #105 - our panaramic overwater bungalow with jacuzzi. Having a wonderful view of Mt Otemanu was very important to us, so I studied the resort map & knew we couldn't go wrong with one of these & boy - was I right! We were here to celebrate our 25th anniversary & this OWB was bigger than our first house. It was lovely and the large deck with sitting area, loungers & jacuzzi was incredible.

We booked our trip with Custom Tahiti Travel & they did not disappoint! Throughout our trip, all transfers, excursions, reservations, etc., were perfect. The free breakfast was great as well as our complimentary couples massage & sunset dinner at Jean -Georges Lagoon Restaurant.
Richard was professional & answered my many, many questions promptly. It was a great experience to work with this agency.

The level of service was beyond reproach. We called the butler service (just a button on your phone) at least twice a day for ice & one time I had been trying to call room service for lunch & was having trouble getting through. The butler, upon delivering our ice, asked if there was anything else he could do & took our lunch order for us & it was delivered in 30 minutres. Room service was a delight on our deck - always set with tablecloth & fresh flowers. If we could do anything different, would probably have done this more often.

If you don't want to spend the money for the buffet for the polynesian show (14000 xpf pp) then just go to the bar & order from their menu. We had an excursion before the show & didn't want to rush to get to dinner, so went to the bar & had drinks & dinner there & also could see the show. It is very expensive to go to French Polynesia & if you do your research up front & know what you're facing, you won't be as surprised or upset. Know what you're facing & go enjoy!

The beach & pool area were beautiful with many water toys that are complimentary as well as plentiful towels & ice water delivered on hot afternoons. Also - the boat shuttle to the main island is complimentary which is not the case at all resorts. The concierge was very helpful - we showed them all our excursion & dinner plans upon arrival & everything went off without a hitch.

There are complimentary computers in their business/lounge so it was easy to pop in once in a while to check email & we found we didn't need wifi. It was nice to be a little disconnected.

We enjoyed seeing Couples Retreat often - laughing & pointing out the places we knew. It was fun to have that on tv 24/7.

This resort is beyond belief & the nicest place we've ever stayed. My husband wants to go again & will only stay at the St. Regis! He misses the comfortable bed!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort? Share your experiences!