Thanks to the efforts of "Pacific for Less", we had an absoluetely splendid time at the St Regis in Feb 2013. I'll try not to be repetitive but without question this is a world class resort.
I was in bungalow 231 which is technically a superior. However, it was at the end of the spoke so we had a 3/4 view. From our "gazebo" we had a view of the moutain, a view of the Four Seasons and a view of the lagoon, all-in-one. It was a half mile trek back to the lobby, but call the butler and in 2 minutes a golf cart will arrive.
It's a nice touch on the beach that they bring around ice water and I really appreciated just passing out towels witout the hassle of signing for them.
I thought the 5 cabanas at the Oasis pool with the private pools were one of the niceest areas. They were relatively private and there was never more than one other cabana occupied.
While the scenery is magnificent, the hotel is beautiful and the OWB was the coolest room I've ever stayed in, I think what I will remember most about St Regis is the service. It is friendly without being intrusive, they remember your name and they never let you do something yourself if they can do it. Just incredible.
We took some snacks with us. We ate a big breakfast and skipped lunch. If we got hungry in the afternoon, we just snacked on our deck or on the beach. Beats paying $35 for a cheeseburger. We also took our own duty free liquor and bought some mixer. That had to have saved me $1000.
The AC in the room worked great. I like sleeping cold and the room was cold. My sunglasses would fog up when I went outside.
Except for going to the main island for dinner every evening, we never left the resort, but we enjoyed it thoroughly. We never felt trapped or bored. It was just a lovely time.
The big cat they use to shuttle you to the airport is the envy of every other hotel.
My only regret was I had to leave and I'm afraid I may never make it back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The exclusive St. Regis Bora Bora is 44-acre island resort located in Polynesian paradise. Our elite accommodation features the 13,000 sq ft Miri Miri spa and Lagoon Restaurant by Jean Georges. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The St. Regis Bora Bora Hotel Bora Bora
- St Regis Hotel Bora
- St Regis Bora Bora
- St Regis Resort Bora Bora