We used Tahiti to break up the flight from USA to New Zealand. Flew coach on Air Tahiti Nui from LAX and was surprised on how nice it was. After layover in Papeete we flew to Bora Bora and started our stay at the St Regis. It was truly a delight. We had the premium over water bungalow which was spectacular. Much of the WOW of Bora Bora is provided by mother nature. But what stands out about the hotel is their effort to be friendly and helpful on any matter.
I was a little concerned about the cost of meals but found the quality excellent and costs reasonable for being on a remote 5 star resort. The morning buffet breakfast was included in the price and was a great way to start the day. We quickly found a reasonable way to do lunch in that they would split an order which was plenty. It also kept costs in line. Dinners were gourmet but not extravagant unless you like to drink a lot. Eating off site was easy as the hotel would arrange everything. They had a shuttle boat to take you to the mainland and then a car would meet you to take you to and from dinner to catch the boat back. All seamlessly done at no additional cost.
If you are looking for some shopping, Bora Bora has a small village which you again can take the hotel free shuttle to visit. The hotel can also set you up with a wide variety of tours. We did a half day snorkel trip which was great.
So all in all, the St Regis merits its 5 Star status and high Trip Adviser ranking. It is beautiful and a great place for that special honeymoon, anniversary or the once in a lifetime stay.
Finally, I want to complement Jennifer and the staff at "Pacific for Less". They arranged everything from Papeete arrival to departure. Their all inclusive package saved me significant dollars from piecing it together myself. Finally, since they are Tahiti specialists, they were able to answer all the questions and insure that your visit comes off as planned. And if a last minute glitch should occur (One did for us) they were available to help resolve the issue and stood by you after the sale. Simply, they did a great job!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The exclusive St. Regis Bora Bora is 44-acre island resort located in Polynesian paradise. Our elite accommodation features the 13,000 sq ft Miri Miri spa and Lagoon Restaurant by Jean Georges. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The St. Regis Bora Bora Hotel Bora Bora
- St Regis Hotel Bora
- St Regis Bora Bora
- St Regis Resort Bora Bora