“Bora Bora Bliss” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 18 hotels in Bora Bora
Los Angeles, California
“Bora Bora Bliss”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

As a South Pacific Destination Specialist, I traveled to Bora Bora and finally got to stay at the St Regis Bora Bora in their fabulous Over Water Villas. From the moment you step on to the yacht transfer to the hotel you know this is going to be very special. The villas are beyond gorgeous and I love the design and decor. Spacious, comfortable I could have lived in this Villa forever, it was sensational. The enormous bathroom with open rain shower, huge tub, double sinks it's a girl's dream. I have been to Bora Bora before so the destination is not new, but I loved the St Regis. Impecable service, the breakfast butler suggested I try Salmon Eggs Benedict and so glad I did, yummy. I really appreciated how they cover the fruit for breakfast by using large jars to keep the flies away, nice touch. I had an incredible stay at the St Regis and big shoutout to Rowena in Sales.

Room Tip: Be nice ! They bend over backwards for Brides and Destination Weddings
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

1,119 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (329)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Words can not describe how beautiful this hotel is. From extraordinary views to exquisite customer service, The St Regis hotel in Bora Bora is perfection.
We stayed at the st Regis for a week to get away from all the holiday madness. A yacht picked us up from the Bora Bora airport, and amazing customer service began( as well as our vacation). Greeted at the hotel with an ice tea infusion and a lay, our personal butler took us on a tour of the grounds on a golf cart. After our tour, we were dropped off at our over water bungalow with our luggage awaiting. I basically lived in my bikini the entire stay. Being able to jump into the clear turquoise water from the bungalow was wonderful. Their white sand beaches were serene & calm. They had plenty of water toys to play with from paddle boarding to snorkel gear. Loved being able to ride bikes around the property and easily ride back to my bungalow. My personal favorite was their snorkel pond with plenty of colorful fish and sea life to explore. The St Regis Bora Bora has delectable cocktails and food. We were always satisfied with all of our meals. I could go on and on, but this specific hotel is exactly what you see on their website plus more. I immensely recommend the St Regis Bora Bora for those looking for a romantic & undoubtedly relaxing holiday.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

My husband and I travelled to Bora Bora from 11/15-11/23 2013. There is honestly not a bad comment we can make about gorgeous French Polynesia and St. Regis. Upon arrival, the staff at the airport knew exactly who we were, by name, and with correct pronunciation (difficult for Americans often!). We were escorted onto St Regis like celebrities and welcomed with open arms. Once arriving to the resort we were greeted by 6-8 staff who led us, individually to the main desk area. We were hot and tired from traveling for almost 24 hours (and admittedly crabby) especially when we were told our bungalow would not be ready until 3:00pm (we arrived around 10:00am). Noticing immediately that we were upset, the staff at St Regis promptly gave us another bungalow within minutes. We didn't have to complain or ask for it, they took it amongst themselves to make sure we were happy.

The bungalow was spacious and gorgeous! The grounds well kept, pools amazing, and a beach that we couldn't wait to get to.

The staff was amazing. It seems like they knew what we wanted even before we wanted it! I got up from my pool chair to open my umbrella and within seconds a staff member was there to do it for me. Golf carts to pick you up and take you anywhere were readily available and EVERYONE had a smile on their faces and had friendly greetings. The staff at the bars and restaurants were wonderful, and we even became close with a few, learning their backgrounds and why they chose Bora Bora or their history as a resident. The staff was truly a delight. Anything we needed or wanted, they were there immediately with no hesitation.

You cannot beat the views from this resort. Otemanu is just gorgeous from the beach. I will never forget this view as long as I live. The waters were crystal clear and the fish and sting rays were a sight to see!

The food and beverage prices are hefty, but knowing that going into this trip it is well worth it. We tried many new exotic foods and were NEVER disappointed. I've had top culinary dishes from around the world and this is close to, if not at, the top of my list of the best culinary experiences of my life.

As far as booking our trip, I would only recommend Claudia from Pacific For Less. She was amazing, extremely helpful, and provided us with little extras for our trip. We couldn't have done it without her!

In summary, this was the trip my husband and I will never forget, and will sure to return. St Regis made this trip even better with the level of service they provided. You will NOT be disappointed!!!

Room Tip: The overwater bungalows were fantastic!! we did not have one with a pool but you don't even need...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Custom Tahiti Travel set us up for a very romantic vacation at the St Regis in Bora Bora. It was a great way to celebrate our 1st anniversary. Custom Tahiti travel provided excellent insightful recommendations for activities and restaurants before we left and took care of all the inter island travel arrangements. The St Regis grounds are beautiful and the settling is very romantic everywhere you look. The staff was courteous and helpful and had a flair for dramatic table settings for room service. The overwater bungalow was totally awesome, bug-less, express machine, multiple large screen tvs and a shower to die. The patio was private and had an outdoor shower. We enjoyed the lagoonarium presentation about the native fish species and was able to swim with hundreds of fish. The food was ok. You are secluded when on the resort so try to get to the main island and buy some food so you don't have to buy $40 hamburgers via room service. I would not go again during January as it rained every day and sometimes heavily. We will go back to Bora Bora and stay at the St Regis.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Orlando
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I stayed at the St. Regis for my Honeymoon in Late October of 2012. It gave us everything the movies and media led us to believe about Bora Bora. The St. Regis treated us like royalty the moment we arrived at the airport. They were able to pick us out of the small crowd that just arrived and from that moment on they took care of everything. From the airport we hopped on a boat over to the resort, upon arrival we checked in and had lunch until our room was ready. Our over the water bungalow was perfect, we had a nice view of the mountain, the bathroom, living room, bedroom all lived up to what we were expecting. The weather during this time was sunny 90% of the time and the only time we experienced any rain was later in the afternoons. The dining at this resort was excellent, breakfast, lunch and dinner. We at at all the restaurants they had to offer but my favorite was the Japanese Sushi Restaurant because of the fresh fish they were able to offer up. Any seafood the resort offered at any of their restaurants was above average to excellent. We did venture off to the main island one night to eat at the world famous La Villa Mahana. The food there was excellent as well but it as a very filling 7 course meal and pricey as well, at the end of the night I was too stuffed with food to really enjoy myself but it is something I recommend you try (just make sure you book in advance because it is a small restaurant that is very popular and I think TripAdvisor has a lot to do with that). Beside that they only other recommendation I would have is that you book the Love Boat excursion. This is where you get picked up at the resort on a small speed boat and is given a tour of the island while you get honeymoon pictures taken by the tour guide. With all of this said... I look forward to our return.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Some highlights from our trip, to Tahiti , Moorea and Bora Bora.
First let me say, the picture do not do justice, to all the fluorescent colors under water and the beauteousness of it all. If you plan to go, bring Off mosquito repellent and sun block. The resorts provide, snorkeling gear and everything else. If you go to Bora Bora, spent the extra money and stay at St. Regis. The intoxicating smell, they pump into the rooms, alone is worth the extra cost. St Regis provided our own French butler that rocked in hooking us up, in every way.besides opening a bottle of champaign for us with a saber sword. We also had our breakfast included, through pleasant holidays. A must do, it is an awesome buffet, with real coffee, not instant.

• Stayed February 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

For our 10 year wedding anniversary my husband and I were looking for something really special, and can’t tell you how happy we were to land in the most gorgeous place, and hotel, on earth. I worked with Jennifer from Pacific For Less to help plan our trip. She was so super nice and I could tell she really knew her stuff; and their prices were great.

Not sure where to begin with the St. Regis. They seemed to have thought of everything to make you feel like a princess, or a prince. Besides always greeting you with a smile, they seem to be attentive to all your needs as they arise; and I’m not just talking about the Butler service (which is great). If they see you walking, the staff will ask if you want to be shuttled to your destination on the resort. We started our Bora Bora visit with several days at Le Meridien, which we thoroughly enjoyed, but the St. Regis is jaw-droppingly gorgeous and so luxurious. A perk I really enjoyed at the St. Regis was the food and beverage service offered at the beach (which was not offered at Le Meridien). I can’t say enough about the restaurants at the St. Regis, particularly the Lagoon by Jean George. It was such incredible food. As restaurant owners ourselves we are very picky in this area, and we would have never guessed we were dining in the middle of the Pacific. It’s one thing to have fresh fish, and another to have it perfectly cooked. The lamb rack was from New Zealand, and the best we’ve ever had. Pacific For Less made us advance reservations at the Lagoon restaurant on the terrace at sunset, and the view of Mt. Otemanu was spectacular; the glass panel floors, built over a shark sanctuary, was incredibly unique and entertaining between courses.

We had a couples massage at the Miri Miri spa included in our package, and it was therapeutic and relaxing (I usually hate hotel "fluff" massages) and products they used were just divine. Everything about the St. Regis was over-the-top, my expectations were continually exceeded, and my husband and I still talk about how much fun we had. It's something we will never forget, and even though it was definitely expensive, we feel it was worth every penny.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort? Share your experiences!