“The only way to honeymoon..St Regis” 5 of 5 stars

You added The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort to your Saves list
The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Motu Ome'e, 98730 , French Polynesia   |
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Bora Bora
“The only way to honeymoon..St Regis”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

From a screen saver on a computer to our reality. Before the movies, before the celebrities, I once walked by a computer at my first ever "real" job and was awestruck by the bungalows sitting on top of crystal clear waters on the monitor, from then on i was obsessed.

about 7 months before our wedding i was researching pricing and getting quotes from numerous travel agencies until i came across Tahiti Travel Planners.Thank God I did. Samantha, our agent presented to me their honeymoon package which included so much and more. But most appealing to us was a FREE upgrade from a regular over water bunglow to a Premier overwater villa.. Now for those of you who have done your research, you know that this means over 1900 sqft of luxury along with your own private whirlpool. Short of the long is we booked with them and through out our process they were extremely professional and so helpful in answering "first timer" questions, not to mention, Samantha got us on a fully booked over night flight :) she was my hero and in talking to other couples who booked with other agencies, my husband and I were clearly the envy. I will without a doubt book with them again and again.

As mentioned above our room was unbelievable, we stayed in 1 of only 8 premier overwater bungalows which came with its own butler. Amazing. Our room was situated conveniently close to the main restaurant, beach and front desk. complementary turn down every night and fresh towels twice a day. The view of mount Otemanu was breathtaking and the water around our room was so crystal clear we could see stingrays swimming.

All the staff new us by name the moment we got off the massive St Regis yacht (i would hardly call it a shuttle boat LOL) they reminded us of spa appointments, dinner resos and other excursions we would be forgetful about. Everyday it was the same friendly nature and courteous smiles that greeted us and for me personally, this was extremely important. To tell you the truth, anything we asked for, we got.

The beach is beautiful with all types of fun toys for big kids to play with. Kayaks, Paddle boats, wind surfing, and my fav paddle boards which Matt and I took all the way around to the front of the resort. great fun. We did purchase the guided private jet ski package and we managed to talk our new friends into coming along with us. A 2 hour jet ski tour around the entire lagoon. it was undoubtedly worth the price, to ride up so close to the reef that i could see the ocean waves crashing onto the quite lagoon was indescribable. Its also fun to see the other resorts as your touring. In the middle of our excursion our guided prompted us to stop (far out in the lagoon) and he tied jet skiis together as we dismounted on top of a sand bar, water barely up to my hips and he pulls out a tray of fruit (what?! from where? i still dont know) LOL. The 6 of us laughed and chatted with our guide right in the middle of the water with the mountain in our view.

The grounds are beautifully kept, a huge property with it own lagoon filled with tons and tons of fish. Matt and i always said it felt like we were the only ones staying at the st regis. It never felt crowded, we never had to fight for a good spot on the beach or wait at the restaurants. (we later found out by asking one of the staff that the resort was actually 90% filled)
A key thing: Bikes! bikes bikes bikes! take one and use it to get around. so charming and fun.

I'm not sure what else i haven't covered... oh.
Spa? must go. our complementary couples massage was so relaxing
Restaurants: Japanese, "Take sushi" real fish, real fresh. This was our absolute fav.
Lagoon-restaurant by Jean Georges: sits on top of a shark enclosure. gorgeous. Really really good eats here too. If you can sit on the patio, do so.
Te Pahu: where they serve breakfast, lunch and dinner. Our daily staple. (one evening they had a Polynesian buffet night)
Aparima bar: Pool side bar and great place to grab some snacks or lunch

I hope this help anyone who is on the fence about where to stay :)

Thank you to the St Regis for a honeymoon that Matt and I cant stop talking about
& thank you Samantha and Tahiti travel planners for helping us plan this amazing getaway

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (456)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

1st of all, our dream would never came true and this trip would never have been as magical as it was without the amazing, amazing, amazing Claudia and her Pacific for Less team. They literally saved our honeymoon by just a phone call after our flight got canceled and they rescheduled the whole trip for us, not mentioning the so many free inclusions that they include in our package that we would have paid a lot for. I would definitely recommend them for any one who's is going to French Polynesia for their knowledge about the place, the amazing rates and offers they can get you and their way of personalizing and tailoring the trip for any purpose, taste or budget.

Now I won`t say more than the pervious reviews have said about St. Regis. Simply, It’s THE place to stay in while in Bora Bora.

-Super friendly staff
-How everyone seem to know you by name!
-Amazing 4 restaurants (Really Fresh Fruits and veggies in the middle of the Pacific) which you don`t pay a whole lot less for if you having a meal in one of Boston or New York’s high end restaurants.
-Great Breakfast buffet.
-All trips we got through Pacific for Less (snorkeling, Jet Ski, ATVs) were amazing.
-Great espresso machine in the room (with some really good complimentary coffee)

-Geckos in the villa! (Which is the only thing St. Regis said they would take care of but they didn't)
-No specific time for turn down service which was kind of annoying.
- Bikes were in very bad condition

It`s true that prices are on the higher side but its absolutely worth it, paradise doesn't come Cheap!

Thank you very much Claudia and the entire pacific for less team for the wonderful honeymoon trip.

Room Tip: request a villa close to the main area if you are not a big fan of long walks, although they provide...
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

The St. Regis Bora Bora was the final stop on our two week honeymoon - and boy, was it worth the wait!

We had saved 'the best for last' and were not disappointed. From start to finish, the St. Regis delivers on the details - this is totally a "you get what you pay for" situation - but in a good way. We were greeted at the airport with flower leis, help with luggage and a private boat to whisk us away to the resort as fast as possible. When we arrived, several butlers were waiting on the dock with drinks and some delicious coconut concoction.

Before I continue, I have to pause and give a huge shout out to our butler, Konstantin. He went above and beyond for us every day, paying attention to our personal interests and making things as easy as possible. He was the best!

After a quick tour of the resort (which we would suggest) via golf cart, picking up snorkel gear and hearing about how things work (bike share, etc.), we arrived at our overwater bungalow. It was unreal.... like something that I've seen in pictures. The bungalow was HUGE, spotless and completely beautiful. A living room, bedroom, huge bathroom with views to the water and private balcony, we were more than set for our 5 day stay. Champagne and treats to toast our arrival were the icing on the cake. We didn't waste much time getting changed into our swimsuits to jump into the beautiful blue water and watch the sunset before our dinner reservation (at the resort).

The second day, we woke up and were greeted with.... rain. A lot of it. We were a little bummed out (we had waited for this part of our trip for a very long time)... but we made the best of it by making plans with the conceirge for the rest of our stay (booked some day trips, massage, dinners, etc.) and decided to sign up for the shuttle into town, since there wasn't much else to do. If you have a rainy day or you're in search of some black pearls/things to bring home, this is a good option. There's also a supermarket on the edge of town (you have to walk to the end) where you can stock up on sodas, waters, snacks, wine/beer and save yourself a little money through your stay at the resort. Throughout our time in French Polynesia, we also loved the wide availability of fresh french bread at grocery stores, and we were so happy to get some bread for a snack while we poked around in some of the shops.

This would be a good time to pause and give some advice - be prepared for resort prices. We were expecting things to be expensive - and they are - it is the St. Regis, after all, but if you have the time and option to go "to town" and stock up on some of the essentials, you'll save yourself a bit of money. On the other hand - you're on vacation! If you aren't staying for a long time, don't skip spending more time at the resort to go bargin shopping :) It does take a chunk out of your day (you have to get on a boat, get on a shuttle bus, stay in town for a few hours, get on a shuttle, get on a boat...). Also, regarding our experience with the conceirge - they were amazing, but if I could do it again, I would have probably tried to book a few things in advance of getting to the hotel. Services were VERY busy and we almost weren't able to book our massage (though Konstantin and the conceirge made every effort to get us in for an appointment), which we were both really looking forward to.

The rest of our days were filled with some day trips and a lot of much-needed relaxation. A hike with Eric, snorkeling with sharks/fish/rays and Steven (he was AWESOME), which we highly recommend, jet skiing and lots of eating and laying out on the beach. Make sure you take advantage of the free water activities at the resort - we had a lot of fun breaking up our relaxation time with some paddle-boarding, snorkeling, etc.

Overall, this place was like a dream. The service is top-notch (Konstantin!), the bungalow was beautiful and the scenery - unparalleled. We WILL be back to celebrate a future anniversary.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I have wanted to go to Bora Bora for 10 years now so I thought I might be disappointed for building up so much in my head. Boy was I wrong! My husband and I decided to go all out for our honeymoon as our airfare was half of the trip so we wanted to make it worth while. I could not think of a better way than the over water bungalow at the St. Regis. We booked our travel through Pacific For Less which I highly recommend. The packages they offered surpassed any others we researched and the advice from all the staff was great. I asked so many questions and there was always someone who responded in a more than timely manner. I decided a pro/con list was the best way to go so...

- The bungalows are perfect. Immaculately clean and high quality EVERYTHING. My husband and I couldn't believe our eyes when we walked through the door. We bought two hours of internet and, using FaceTime, showed our loved ones the paradise we were witnessing. I have never been at a place where we cry when we leave but we both shed tears. Leaving here was heart breaking.
-Very comfy beds
- Part of the package was going to the spa for a couples massage. The experience was amazing but much of it was under construction so the spa wasn't as great as it could be.
-The snorkel center was awesome. They give you gear on arrive and I must say I am not a great swimmer and was a little scared but would do this over and over again because the underwater pictures we got were awesome. So much variety!
- The luau was very nice and the buffet was awesome. I think it was a little pricey good overall. Make sure you get a good seat and ask them to move you if you can't see because not all seats are great ones.
-The resort is big but they do have bikes (try to find an un-rusted one) to get around. The butler will also pick you up in a golf cart whenever you want. There is a lot to do on the grounds so you don't really have to leave (great!)
- We booked all our excursions through the Pacific For Less as I wasn't sure which travel sites to trust and I am so happy with our decisions. They booked Jet Skiing and a photo lagoon boat ride for us which was the highlight of our trip. I know that doesn't have much to do with the St. Regis but I highly recommend it!

- It took them a while for them to get us our room and check us in and they offered us nothing for the two hours we waited. At a resort of this caliber, at a time way past check in, that is not acceptable in my book.
- The beach is very rocky but you have a bungalow so you don't REALLY need a beach
- The resort is huge which has it's pluses (listed above) and minuses so I would expect to get your exercise in if you don't want to be chauffeured
- The people who work here are from all over and not very many of the people who waited on us were from the island. We stayed at the Bora Bora Pearl before coming here and really felt immersed in the culture there but at the St. Regis you feel like you could be a tourist anywhere.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Barrie, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

We went to St Regis for 12 days over Christmas & New Years to have a Tahitian ceremony and honeymoon.

The resort itself 5*
There are few places in this world that are this beautiful! I dont even have words to describe the view on a sunny day. Just breathtaking! We had Karine as our wedding host who did a fabulous job for us and Helene as our photographer who made us look like the cut out picture people sold in picture frames or models. Both excellent people to deal with. The huts are beyond beautiful, very clean and spacious. The odd bug may be seen but it is Tahiti after all and nothing of a concern. The resort grounds are large and good to walk if you like the walk or there is always someone that is happy to pick up by golf cart to take you where you need to go.

The weather in December 4*
It rained just about every day, sometimes for only an hour or somedays for half the day. All in all it never rained the hole day and you learn to play in the rain when you have to and deal with. They did say although it was rainy season it had been more wet then usual. Our sun tans are still fabulous!

The food: 4*
The morning buffet was was good but being from North American not something I would call grand! The usual dinner at the restaurant was very French foo foo food. Good but very expensive. Lots of bread and chocolate :) The Wednesday night buffet was horrid! It was $140.00 per person and the selection was terrible but they gladly refunded the cost when we did complain. The Saturday night all you can eat Lobster buffet was ok but again the cost was $185.00 per person.

The service 5*
The service is second to none! If they dont have it on their person, be sure someone it getting it for you! Excellent! Not much more I could say.

The activities 4*
Lots of activities to keep you busy but again expensive. Single jet ski for 1.5 hours is $275.00. ATV was good at $200.00 for 2 hours which was good but more terrain adventure would be nice. We went on a private day tour of feeding the sharks, rays and snorkelling with lunch on a priviate island and champagne $1,300.00 for 6 hours but we found well worth the money.

The cost 3*
It is VERY VERY expensive! If you think it would be expensive, times it by 4 and you should be about right! Bring lots of $$$. Mac & cheese to order in service was $60.00. 2 glasses of OJ room services was $20.00. Dont go there to have to worry about $$.

Tahiti Bora Bora Main Island 3*
Very poor, run down and no shopping unless your looking for black pearls.

The end experience 4.5* but they dont offer that .5 option. It is really very beautiful, very expensive and a trip of a lifetime!!! If you can afford it, you will not be disappointed :)

Room Tip: Ask for a hut on the not so breezy side..Bring your best camera for the best pictures you will ever...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Blacksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

There is no question, The St. Regis Bora Bora is the type of place you stay in and feel like "you made it" in life! The property is picturesque and clean. The service is first-rate and the bungalows are magnificent. We went there as part of a three week honeymoon which we split between this resort, Le Taha'a (please see review there) and then on to Hawai'i. At St. Regis, we got the "couples retreat package". See below what that entails. If you're anything like me, when you're spending this type of money on a vacation, you want the best and expect it as well. Let me give you some facts:

1. Bungalows 101-230 all have Mt. Otemanu views. 231 (a royal overwater with two rooms) has a partial view and 301-331 do not have mountain views. In addition, Bungalows 103-110 are "Premier" and include a jacuzzi which is not heated but refreshing after a dive into the deep water below from your balcony. Yes, the water is deep enough that you can dive from your overwater bungalow into the water. We had number 105 which was a Premium and a great view of the mountain.

2. The Couples package includes this following: 1 Night’s Free Accommodation, a Free Upgrade to a Premium Overwater Villa with Jacuzzi – subject to availability at time of booking, complimentary daily Full Breakfast, chilled Champagne served with the Pastry Chef’s “Sweet Treat” of the day, a Bed of Tropical Flowers and Flower Bath Turn down on one evening, a Pearl of the Pacific amenity and a 50 minute Couples Massage

3. If you are in the Premier Bungalow or if you get the couples package (or maybe if you just ask), you are able to get the champagne and pastry chef's sweet treat on your chosen day (we got it our last night before we ate at the Jean George restaurant, Lagoon) and have it "Sabered" open. The attendant will chop off the champagne with a sword; make sure you ask for this as it is a cool experience.

4. Several people on here complained about the food. We had no such issues. Breakfast was very good and had a lot of variety of fruit, breads and meats. You can special order eggs any style (eggs benedict was fabulous), crepes or waffles. The attendants are very accommodating and will seat you inside or outside by the water if you want. They will also fold your napkin when you leave the table to retrieve your food. Small touches like this are important. Since our breakfast was included, we'd eat a big meal, skip lunch and then just eat dinner. We loved the sushi restaurant (order the foie gras sushi if you eat that; it is amazing. The dragon roll is good too). If there is a Polynesian show, know that you can view it from the bar area and eat there without having to buy the dinner buffet in the main dining room if you're not a buffet person. We loved the Lagoon restaurant but make sure you have Terrace seating and get there BEFORE the sun sets as seeing it set is what makes this place amazing. The beef tenderloin is great and again, the foie gras appetizer. Since the chefs are mainly from France, they can do French food really well.
Our meal at the Lagoon was covered in addition to our package thanks to Geri Miller at Tahiti Discount Travel.

5. The Lagoonarium is great for snorkeling. Get your gear at the pool bungalow and keep it for the duration of your stay. You can see the fish feeding at 10am at the Lagoonarium on Wed and Fri and a shark feeding (no swimming!) at 11am on the same day in front of the Lagoon restaurant. Ask for a ride or take your bikes all the way down to the wood platform at the end of the road to the Lagoonarium. Most of the fish hang out by the ladder there. This is also where they do the feeding.

6. Your butler will gladly pack and unpack your bag as well as press one item/outfit each in your party if you ask.

7. If you decide to go into town, do it early in your stay so you can buy food/sodas etc. to use during your stay. You can ask housekeeping to unload your mini fridge and use it for your own items. If you do go into town, consider going to local restaurant Aloe for a quick bite. The OPEC pearl store is there too as well as many other advertised Pearl stores which are very reputable.

8. Bloody Mary's is closed in Dec. so we didn't go there. Villa Mahana got great reviews by the people we met there who chose to eat there.

9. We took a three hour jet ski tour of the island which I would recommend as we stopped on a beach owned by the family of the local who was our tour guide on the jet ski tour. We spoke to locals and learned a lot about life outside of the resorts. The coconuts and bananas were fresh and fabulous. Again, Geri Miller from Tahiti Discount Travel threw this tour in for us for free.

10. Moetini was our bulter and he was so enthusiastic and helpful. Chelsea at the front desk was attentive and very sweet and arranged all our reservations. Frederick from Belgium became a good friend; he showed us the Royal Beach villa (amazing) and gave us a private tour in case we would like to return next time and stay there. Pierre at the lagoon restaurant was also super helpful.

11. If you can't get a Premier overwater...and don't want to walk a lot to the restaurants and pool, ask for bungalow 101 or 102.

12. Go to the Oasis pool for privacy. You can take your champagne there and order food with the courtesy phone in each lounge area (there are only 5 but we had no trouble getting one during the day).

13. If you can't make it to town, the gift shop has sodas and snacks that are not unreasonable.

14. The swim up bar is so convenient and fun. The St. Regis Bloody Mary is yummy!

15. As you probably know, Couples Retreat was filmed here. They are very proud of this face and play the movie 24 hours on TV there - one of the only English stations available. It was fun to see the movie and recognize the places featured.

16. The couples massage was good (they use lomi lomi technique which is amazing); we had a female and male attendant but you can ask for any combination. It was unfortunate that the spa was closed but you can ask to stay after to swim in the pool at the beach villa where the massage is performed. Also, take your snorkeling gear and ask for a ride to the Lagoonarium and go snorkeling after since you are at that end of the resort.

17. If you want a ride anywhere, golf carts were always available to us quickly if we called for one or you can hitch a ride with one passing by.

18. You can schedule wake-up coffee service for free every morning. They will deliver it to you before your go to breakfast. Schedule the time on your first day there.

19. We bought liquor at LAX and brought it with us. This saved us a lot of money as we bought soda there and had a cocktail on our deck when ever we wanted. It is not a hassle at all as once you deplane in Tahiti, people will help you with your bags and you'll go straight to the resort. If you stay one night in Tahiti (as we did at the Le Meridan), you'll have it with you for your convenience!

20. The business center provides high speed internet consoles for free.

I hope this helps you. This place is a dream but, as always, it is all about your attitude and good spirit that will make this experience top notch for you. If it rains, don't worry! The fish don't care so go snorkeling or read on your deck. You can also paddle board or canoe in the rain which is fun. The staff also provides activities like a cooking class if it is raining so ask the pool bungalow for information if it rains. You're in paradise so have that paradise state of mind and people will be good to you! Enjoy! We already miss this place and will come back!!

Room Tip: Bungalows 101-230 all have Mt. Otemanu views. 231 (a royal overwater with two rooms) has a partial...
san francisco

Magnificent Property.

Most people get to French Polynesia only once in a lifetime; so why not make the most of it. There are a great number of quality resorts throughout French Polynesia; many offer their own charm, style or attraction unique to the area. But if you have to choose among resorts or destinations in FP then St. Regis tops the list!
If you’re only going to FP once in your life, then first consider the type of traveler you are and the qualities of the destination you desire. This property is not for those wishing to see Bora Bora on a budget. However, there are some great pensions that supply ample accommodations and services. This is for the couple deciding among the various luxurious accommodations available.
This was our 3rd stay at St. Regis Bora and 4th time to the property. We have never had an experience like this before; we loved everything about this trip. St. Regis offers an expansive property, beautiful bungalows, variety of dining options and so many activities that there’s no time to go to the main island of Bora. Since we started staying at St. Regis, I have not been to the main island, I see no reason. Getting back to what type of tourist you are, really defines the type of trip you’re looking for. If you’re counting every penny (whether well off or not (you know the type), you’re not going to enjoy FP in general, everything is expensive here. Everything is imported and taxed heavily.
First of all, this is the only resort I’m aware of that gives free use of bicycles. They have all the equipment of a beach resort from jet skis to kayak’s, paddle boards, snorkeling equipment and so much more. What gets me about this property are the people. Your staff can make or break you here and this staff is overwhelmingly pleasant to be around. Everyone from the groundskeeper to housekeeping to wait staff make you feel right at home. People greet you, ask if you need anything else or just bring you things you’re going to need.
St. Regis also supplies their signature butler service. Our butler, Danny; was the most gracious and accommodating staff member that we’ve ever experienced in all our years of travelling. We were blown away by the generosity and graciousness this property has to offer.
If you get to Bora, make sure you treat yourself to one of the most enjoyable vacations you will ever have in your entire life. We love this place!

Room Tip: We prefer having a sunset view opposed to sunrise.