“As advertised!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Bora Bora
Newport Beach, CA
“As advertised!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Everyone who has an inkling of traveling the South Pacific has seen pictures and has engrained in their minds eye the beautiful water, overwater bungalows and luxurious surrounds and service of Bora Bora. In particular most think of the St. Regis. Well, it is everything we all think it will be AND MORE! Thanks to Geri Miller at Tahiti Discount Travel in Newport Beach we chose Bora Bora and the St. Regis. The water, the views and the luxury were better than any pictures I've seen! The bungalow was beyond compare. It was like a small, beautifully appointed apartment with our own patio, covered dining area and, of course, our own deck from which to jump in the uniquely blue and warm water. The service and food were flawless and there were plenty of activities should one somehow be drawn away from the luxury and comfort of their bungalow. Thanks to Geri and the St. Regis!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (375)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

My wife and I took a 6 day, 5 night trip to the St. Regis Bora Bora at the end of Nov. 2012. Simply put, this is one of the most spectacular places I can imagine. So much natural beauty (so much better than it looks in photos), combined with all the luxuries, technology, and quality food you could possibly want. The restaurants were quite vegetarian friendly too.
The villas didn't seem that far apart but somehow felt very private - we never heard or even saw anyone else unless we left the villa.
Service overall was very good - all the staff were very helpful and enthusiastic, the butler service was very nice ("please allow us to unpack your bags", the coffee wake-up call was great, they also automatically sent us a letter allowing us to check out late so that we could enjoy the room until the boat left for the airport). The service at the restaurants did seem a little disorganized at times (offered the same things several times by different people, took some time to get drinks/food) but this was not a big deal. It seemed that some new staff were being trained when we were there (maybe because it was a shoulder month).
All the activities we planned through the resort were very well coordinated and reliable.

We booked our trip through Pacific For Less. I really cannot say enough good things about this company. Claudia and the entire staff were extremely professional from the time I initially inquired about rates etc, to after we returned from our trip just to ask how everything went and if everything met our expectations. All the "extras" that were included in our package were well worth it - we got a romantic flower turn down service, champagne on arrival, ATV tour of the main island, and a private dinner on the beach, all of which were executed very well. They also made all of our restaurant reservations, got us the best tables, arranged for a wonderful photography session (we got some amazing pictures). I compared their rates with several other companies and priced the trip out independently and they were able to save me a significant amount of money. Would definitely book with them again and recommend highly.

Room Tip: Villas with the beach view have a sunrise view, villas with the mountain view have the sunset, altho...
Austin, TX.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We went to the St. Regis Bora Bora through Claudia at Pacific For Less. I couldn't recommend her service more--great deal, great communication, and expertly set up. The hotel was beyond beautiful and everything was really amazing. Satisfied on every level. The dining experience we had at La Villa Mahana (on the main island) was culinary high art.

Overall the trip went beyond our expectations, which were high. Not sure what else I can say. Give Claudia a ring at Pacific For Less and she'll take care of setting up your dream trip. Start packing!

T. Sucherman/T. Mills

Room Tip: We stayed in the Deluxe Overwater and then went to the Royal Overwater Bungalow. Both were amazing.
Carlsbad, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

My friends and I have been trying to get to Bora Bora for years and we have travelled all over the world and this by far was the best place I have EVER stayed. I'm now ruined for life and nothing will compare. Make sure you stay in an upgraded room on the side that has LESS WIND. We changed rooms during our stay because you can't really stay on the windy side. The water was pristine, the BUTLER service was amazing. Anything you wanted at ANY hour was yours. They will pick you up with a golf cart to go anywhere on the property. The room decor was amazing. We stayed in the suite 1500 sq ft. We met another couple that was in the 2 bedroom with infinity pool which was stunning as well. Although it's a lot of space. Perfect for families but too much for a single couple. The property was quiet and this was by far the most healing and tranquil place. The spa sits on a little island surrounded by the LAGOONARIUM. It's basically a sea lagoon with tropical fish that are maintained by the staff. You can attend the feedings. The breakfast is good although it can get a little boring. Room service was good. We saw 2 bugs while there and they changed our room for us immediately. The rooms were immaculate. The internet service was perfect. We downloaded movies everyday. We never left the property. This hotel is for the lazy who want a zen moment. The beach activities were minimal. Kayaks and paddle boats. You can't rent the wave-runners for small times. They only have full island tours with them which is a waste. I would defintiely go there again. They pick you up from the airport on a yacht and transfer you to the property. This is also the hotel where they shot ""COUPLES RETREAT" the movie.

Room Tip: Do not go to the cheap/windy side. You won't be able to use your deck. The otherside has calme...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Sao Paulo, SP
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I was staying at the Four Seasons in Bora Bora and decided to go to the St. Regis for lunch. It would be an opportunity to get to know the famous St. Regis Resort. I thought they would make an effort to cause a good impression. Well, I was wrong. They charged 8.000 XPF (about 85 dollars) for the boat round trip that takes less than 10 minutes. Even though I thought it would be worthy. When the boat was 15 minutes late I asked the concierge to call the St. Regis. Then the boat arrived, half an hour late. During the short boat ride I asked the pilot at what time he would take me back to the Four Seasons. Surprisingly he didn't speak english! When we got to the hotel the pilot just pointed to the reception and said "go". Me and my wife decided to walk around a little bit and get to know the resort. My first impression is that they just don't have the same atmosphere as at the Four Seasons'. Not only the staff but also the guests seem happier at the Four Seasons. The St. Regis is beautiful. They have a very nice swimming pool, some beautiful gardens with palm trees and the bungallows seemed spacious from the distance. The beach is nice but we saw a lot of algae there that my wife found disgusting. Then we went to the lobby and the people there were just not expecting us. After I explained what I was doing there the lady took me to the restaurant. The restaurant is nice but similar to any fancy restaurant you could go in any other place in the world. It just didn't have the "tahitian style". The food was good but the service was average. They forgot to bring us cokes twice. When we went back to the lobby I asked the front desk lady at what time the boat would take us back to the Four Seasons. She just had no idea. After she went inside the concierge office I waited for around 10 minutes and they told me that the boat would come in another 35 minutes! For the 85 dollards I payed I was expecting that the pilot would be waiting for me. In the end, I can say that even though the St. Regis is not a bad hotel, the staff is certainly better and much more professional at the Four Seasons. At the Four Seasons they appear to be much more well trained. At the St. Regis they just don't care much to help you or to give you a pleasant time there. If you do not want to stay at the Four Seasons I would suggest you to go to the Intercontinental instead. I would never stay at the St. Regis. Very disappointing.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Twissy2, Director of Sales and Marketing at The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
We are very sorry that your experience to our beautiful home did not meet your expectations. Please note that guest's wanting to dine at any other resort have the same transfer fees to pay including Four Seasons regardless of time or distance. We would welcome the opportunity to have you come and spend the day with us again in the near future as our guest and experience just how special our team of ladies and gentlemen are as well as our beautiful home.

Happy Holidays,
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

OK, your on TripAdvisor and you are wondering if you should go for the St. Regis or another Bora Bora Hotel... STOP. Just do it. Honestly, if you are going to go all the way to Tahiti then fly another 45 minutes out to Bora Bora, get on a boat, and go to a hotel, make sure it's worth the trouble! This place, is truly worth the trouble and the money. My wife and I travel quite a bit and this place topped them all for overall experience. I can't express how beautiful it is there. You just have to go. Something about the position of this resort in relation to Mt. Otemanu creates this perfect picture every time you look up. Just incredible. The service was good but I must say, I have had better. If you want service, go to a GHM hotel (and no, I don't represent that hotel group but I have never had better service than with them). Really, everything else goes away when you are there. After leaving, any worries you may have had about a small service issue just disappears. I can't describe the hotel or the experience much better than this: "You just have to go there, you won't regret it". And yes, we believe it is better than the Four Seasons next door. My wife ran over there on one of her morning runs and said "It just didn't have the same mystique and landscape as The St. Regis."

Room Tip: Make sure if you are purchasing the Deluxe Overwater (with view of Mt. Otemanu) that you get in the...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I am finding it hard to put into words just how much I enjoyed my experience here. Everything down to the finer details was just perfect.

Arrival- from the moment we arrived at the airport the service was exemplary. We were greeted by the man there who knew us by name and then arranged for our bags to the collected and taken to the boat. The St Regis boat was by far the most grand of the hotel boats. We were checked in on the boat and enjoyed our ride through the almost impossibly blue water. Once we arrived at the resort we were greeted with warm towels and a drink before we were taken by our butler on a tour of the resort.

We had booked the couples retreat package where we had been upgraded to the premier overwater bungalow but on arrival found we had been upgraded to the Royal overwater bungalow a room beyond my wildest dreams. Waiting for us was champagne and various delicious pastries.

Room- what can I say about the room, it was heaven. The room had 2 bedrooms so I had one to store my wedding dress away from my husband’s eyes. It had a pool on the deck and 2 access points into the glorious lagoon. There were two huge bathrooms. The bed was perhaps the most comfortable I have ever slept in. There were 3 TVs and excellent sound systems. The air conditioning worked beautifully in the heat.There was a coffee machine which was great for me. Our room had a front row view to Mount Otemanu which was beautiful to wake up to and watch at sunset. The room was immaculately clean and was cleaned every day with a turn down service providing cookies and various other things at night. Our room was right at the end of the overwater walkway so quite a fair way from the main resort making it very private. We did not mind the walk as there was always plenty to look at.

We also booked a standard overwater bungalow for guests in our wedding party. It was much closer to the main resort. It had views over the water but not to the mountain. While obviously not as big it was also a beautiful room with the same bathroom as we had, a good sized deck with access to the lagoon and sitting room. I certainly would not have been unhappy with this room though I would have missed my mountain view.

Service- from the moment we arrived to the moment we left I could not fault the service. Everyone knew who we were and everyone went above and beyond.

Resort- the resort was quite large and very beautiful. It took full advantage of the beauty of Bora Bora so as we walked around even after days we were constantly stunned by the beauty and the colours. We walked all over the resort and did not find it particularly taxing. We also swam all over the place the water is stunning so it is difficult to stop yourself diving in at any moment.
The two pools were good. We enjoyed the swim up bar at one and ordering meals at the oasis pool which is quite private. The beach offered all sorts of activities and we enjoyed jet skiing (for a fee), paddle boating and kayaking. The spa was being renovated and we had a couples massage in one of the bungalows they are using for the spa which was a great massage. Every night we watched the sunset from somewhere, there are so many places in the resort you can see the mountain and enjoy that view.

We used the shuttle to the main island and to Vaitape once. There was not much there to do but the shuttle is quite convenient.

Food- the food here was great. Breakfast was a good buffet at Te Pahu which we enjoyed daily overlooking the beach. We also had lunch and a candlelight dinner at Te Pahu (the candle light dinner was on the beach and we chose the menu prior). Both of these meals were great and the candle light dinner was very romantic. Lagoon was fantastic and I have reviewed it separately. The Japanese restaurant served lovely fresh food. The wine list at all the restaurants we great. We also had a canoe breakfast served to our room which was a lot of fun. I had room service twice which was quite a production with them setting up table cloths, flowers, candles etc.

Wedding- My wedding was perfect. It exceeded my expectations by so far I don’t have the words to do it justice. Karine Van Hee was my wedding planner and she is an absolute gem. I began speaking with her in January and she was always immediately available and took all the stress of planning away from me. She coordinated everything and thought of every tiny detail. We had a legal wedding in the morning for which we were transported to the town hall in Vaitape where the ceremony was in French and Karine translated for us. It was lovely. Then we came back to the resort for a joining of hearts ceremony on the private islet. We were greeted by about 10 staff members congratulating us and champagne. Hair and makeup was organised by Karine and was perfect. Flowers were also organised and were lovely. The whole day was perfectly coordinated by Karine and I did not have to worry about a thing. The ceremony was romantic and beautiful. Helene Havard did the photography; she is a genius with the camera. My photos are like something out of a magazine yet they look very natural. We had a dinner on the lawn outside Te Pahu afterwards which was a 4 course delicious meal pre-planned by the chef. Then we had a gorgeous cake. I had 6 others with me and they all enjoyed the event. That night the whole room was decorated with our flowers by the butler service. After the event Karine popped up a few times to ensure everything was satisfactory and to give us our photos and gifts. If you are considering a destination wedding I can highly recommend doing it and I can highly recommend Karine and St Regis.

All in all for me St Regis was just outstanding. I cannot recommend it more highly. I certainly will be back, the sooner the better.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort? Share your experiences!