This is a long overdue review of the St Regis Bora Bora which we visited last April. I decided to wait a couple of months to write it to give a fresh perspective. Okay, first off Bora Bora is simply sublime. It truly is one of the (if not the) most spectacular places in the world and you will not regret the long plane ride and cost of getting there. It is worth it.
Okay, on to the St. Regis. The resort and the rooms are incredible! If you have seen Couple's Retreat you will know exactly what to expect.
What we loved:
1) The personalized greeting and boat-ride was spectacular and gave us a great first impression of Bora Bora and the resort.
2) The rooms were fantastic, except for the few little glitches (see below). Even the view from the shower was to die for. And the surround sound was great since we had brought our ipods.
3) The free water activities. I tried stand-up paddle boarding for the first time and LOVED IT. They also have kayaks, and paddle boats for use and the beach boys are very attentive.
4) And most importantly, the views and the water, the rooms. That's what you come here for and it was definitely the highlight of our stay. I spent hours just looking out from our OWB and couldn't believe what I was seeing.
But we had some hiccups that were quite concerning:
1) Butler service: it was practically nonexistent. Upon arriving, we were driven around the resort
by what we thought was our butler, but we never saw this person again. Furthermore, every time we called the butler number (which was not very often but we did request adaptors and a new phone since the one in the living room was not working we got the concierge or front desk. Moreover, the wait was unacceptable for this level of supposed personalized service.
2) We also had some issues with the hot water in the room. We had to leave the water going for about 15 minutes to get hot water, which is quite a long time, not to mention a waste of water, especially in this area.
3) Bikes were in bad shape and there were not enough for everyone.
4) The internet connection was abysmal. We decided to get it for one day, but the connection was so slow that we cancelled it. Fortunately, the hotel did not charge us for it.
Overall, we had a great time at the St.Regis and it still ranks as one of the nicest hotels we have stayed at. But the lack of butler service and the few other glitches did make us question whether this was worth the astronomical price tag.
- Also Known As:
- The St. Regis Bora Bora Hotel
- The St. Regis Bora Bora Hotel Bora Bora
- St Regis Hotel Bora
- St Regis Bora Bora
- St Regis Resort Bora
- St Regis Resort Bora Bora
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The exclusive St. Regis Bora Bora is 44-acre island resort located in Polynesian paradise. Our elite accommodation features the 13,000 sq ft Miri Miri spa and Lagoon Restaurant by Jean Georges. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Venere and Otel so you can book your The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.