“Starwood sucks, but hotel is amazing.” 4 of 5 stars

The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Motu Ome'e, 98730 , French Polynesia   |
Ranked #2 of 18 hotels in Bora Bora
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Starwood sucks, but hotel is amazing.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Starwood wont give me the points for my 8 day stay in their premier overwater bungalow (bc I booked thru a travel agent t the same price), but it is paradise. Service was crazy slow, but I've been forced to wait in worse places. No nightlife at resort, but it is the most beautiful place in the world in my opinion. You'll never see bluer and clearer water anywhere and the rooms are amazing.

Room Tip: Book thru their website if you want the points. I booked thru travel agent and Starwood refuses to...

1,115 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (328)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

St Regis Bora Bora was what we expected to be. Me and my partner spent 5 days for our 10th Anniversary and we loved our stay there! From the Stunning views, the facilities, the room service to the Villas, our stay there was simply unbelievable. Every Staff member were very friendly and we did feel spoiled and treated very well! Can't wait to go back and dream again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We spent six amazing days at the St. Regis Bora Bora for our honeymoon. From the very moment we arrived at the Bora Bora airport until we left SRBB, we had one of the most wonderful experiences of our lives. I will briefly cover different aspects of our experience:

Service:
I want to extend the sincerest thanks to the SRBB staff, especially our amazing butler, Rani for providing us with the most attentive service and always with a smile. There is no task too big or small; all you had to do is ask and the staff will get it done promptly. This is the #1 reason that we will return to SRBB for our anniversary down the road.

Food:
All three restaurants were great. We had daily breakfast at Te Pahu included as part of our package. The breakfast offered a good variety of food. For our duration, it was perfect. However, if your stay is longer, it could become a little monotonous. Sushi Take was great. The sushi rolls were of good portion. Fish is fresh and of high quality. Lagoon Restaurant - as mentioned by others, you must book the table on the deck (6 pm reservation). The view is mesmerizing. Food and wines definitely live up to the hype. Service at all three restaurants was impeccable. You will see some of the same staff members at different restaurants on different shifts. They make a point to remember your name and greet you warmly each time.

Bungalow
Our bungalow was huge and very clean. The staff cleans the room twice a day, including a nightly turn down service. We were welcomed with a bottle of champagne and treats (lemon tarts & fruit jellies). The deck was very sizable. We loved jumping into the ocean from the plunge deck everyday. There were no fish swimming around our bungalow, although we did have frequent sightings of stingrays. I can't emphasize enough how amazing these bungalows are; you have to see them for yourself.

SRBB Property
The property is vast, lush, and beautiful. You can get around by using the complimentary beach cruiser bikes, or call your butler to schedule a golf cart pickup. Walking is also an option if you just want to wander around and enjoy the scenery. The lagoonarium and the oasis pool are great spots to hangout. There are complimentary non-motorized beach equipment (kayaks, paddle boards, sailboat) you can use. The beach boys are always happy to assist you with the equipment and will even teach you how to sail. You can also borrow snorkels and fins for your excursions. You have access to free Internet at the business center, which is fantastic if you don't want to pay $30/day for in-room Wi-Fi.

Bora Bora is truly one of the most beautiful places on Earth. It is a must for honeymooners. St. Regis Bora Bora is where you'd want to stay. The property, the food, and the service are second to none. Thanks again SRBB for leaving us with the fondest memories!!

Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Just got back from our week long stay at the St. Regis. We LOVED it! We booked with Jennifer from Pacific for Less and I'd highly recommend that if you are considering a trip to French Polynesia you do the same. We got a good price and tons of extras (champagne welcome, free breakfast, free couples massage, free dinner on the beach) and everything went perfectly. I could not have been happier with the resort. Our room was beautiful (we stayed in one of the Premier OWB with a jacuzzi - Room 103) and we had a perfect view of the mountain. The staff really were very friendly and went out of their way to do anything they could to make us happy. We caught some fish (Wahoo and Mahi) when we went deep sea fishing and the hotel cooked it for us two nights in a row. It was amazing! We ate at Lagoon and TePahu and thought the food at both was fabulous! I read several reviews that were critical of food quality and price and I can assure you, my husband and I are really picky about food and we thought everything was really great! Of course it does cost more than in the US but you need to know this in advance and prepare accordingly. Jennifer from Pacific for Less told me that meals cost approx. what a really nice meal would cost in the US and this is the case. We usually spent $200 or so for dinner but I had no complaints. We did enjoy the included breakfast buffet every morning (so, so good) and filled-up to the point that we didn't ever need to eat lunch - so $200 a day seemed great to me. We always had soup, main course and split a dessert with a couple of drinks each. OMG the drink called Le Hina (I think) the one made in a coconut was delish! I probably spent a small fortune on coconut drinks and I would do it again...they were so good! We did bring 4 bottles of wine with us (I used a protective bottlekeeper from WineEnthusiast and it worked great) and that saved us a bit. We enjoyed the spa services - we had a couples massage that was so good I booked another one and had a sunburn relief wrap. Caution, the sun is really strong despite multiple applications of sunscreen, I still got burned. We enjoyed snorkeling in the Lagoonarium and swam off our dock every day. We also enjoyed meeting the biologist at the shark feeding at the Lagoon restaurant - that was fun and she gave us a lot of info about the local marine life. The color of the water is the most beautiful that I've ever seen. It is so clear that I felt really safe swimming all the time. We actually never used the pool. It was just so nice swimming in the oceanWe also watched for sea life off our deck at night. If you stay in the 100's watch for a family of spotted eagle rays - we saw them several times. I have also seen several reviews that mention bugs in the room. I think you have to remember that this is the tropics and if you leave food out you will probably attract something. I saw four sugar ants while we were there for a week - no big deal. I loved our room (103) it was close to the main hotel and the Lagoon restaurant but after staying there and biking to all areas of the resort, I really don't think you could get a bad room. Even if you don't get a mountain view, I don't think it would matter at all. I wouldn't stress about that. I truly think any room they have at the St. Regis would be fantastic and you would have a great time. If you are far from the main resort/restaurants you can call for a golf cart ride or just borrow one of the bikes - we rode bikes all over the resort and it was fun. If you want to go to town or to eat at one of the restaurants they have in town, you just take one of the free boats and a bus to get there. "Town" is small but we did get some small gifts for our kids and we did eat at Villa Mahana and enjoyed that quite a bit. One of the things I enjoyed most about the St. Regis was their level of service when we decided to leave the resort. If you book an excursion, one of the concierge staff will be out front when it is time for you to go making sure everything is going perfectly. Same thing with the trip to town they we always there to make sure things went off without a hitch. I felt totally cared for. We did a few excursions that I would highly recommend. We went deep sea fishing with Luna Sea. These guys were fantastic! We caught 4 great fish and learned some things about fishing and the local islands and people in the process. This is worth every penny! We went for a full day and I'd recommend you do the same. We saw whales too! If you like fishing at all you cannot miss this. We did a 1/2 day Pure Snorkeling trip with Reef Discovery and Simon was our guide. Very nice and really informative. It was fun and we saw lots of great fish. The coral in Bora Bora is no longer nice but the fish are still great. We also did the trip with Maohi Nui the snorkeling, stingrays, swim with sharks and see the manta rays along with a private champagne lunch with lobster/fish/chicken/fruit on the sand in a few inches of water on a private moto. Loved it and also worth every penny. This was also a highlight of the trip. Overall my husband and I felt like it was the trip of a lifetime and I would go back to the St. Regis in a minute. It was beyond perfect. If you are even considering a trip to Bora Bora you have to stay here - you will not regret it.

Room Tip: Any room you get will be wonderful. We loved ours #103 the view of the mountain cannot be beaten.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Shelby Township, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We just returned from spending 5 nights in Moorea and 8 nights at the St Regis on Bora Bora. What an amazing trip! From the time we stepped off the airplane in Bora Bora we were treated wonderfully. The St Regis staff were always friendly and helpful, not sure how but they all new our names! The over the water bungalows were spacious and clean. The pool and beach were never crowded and the water temperature perfect! We booked our trip through Richard at Custom Tahiti and he was a huge help. He set up everything for us, our excursions, dinners and even our spa treatments, he answered all of our many questions and made our vacation unforgettable.

Room Tip: At the St Regis the rooms that are 100 to 109 are closest to the pool, beach and restuarants. The fa...
Manhattan Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I was just reviewing TripAdvisor and noticed that I hadn't written a review for our stay almost a year ago. Shame on me!! First off I have to thank Jennifer and Pacific for Less for helping us plan this amazing trip. We couldn't have done it without her. For those of you planning a trip to Tahiti my advise to you is do your research and have your current travel agent price out a trip for you and then have Pacific For Less price it out for you. Absolutely no comparison at all. In addition to that Pacific For Less knows everything about every island here.
We started our trip in Le Taha'a, which was amazing, and then we headed to Bora Bora for 8 amazing nights. From the moment you are greeted at the airport to your departure back home this resort is a class act and will not disappoint. This was not only a honeymoon for us but also our wedding. We had an intimate wedding and had we had the opportunity to do things over again we wouldn't have done a single thing differently. As for weddings, Bianca and Karine are both sweethearts and couldn't have treated us better. You will be in good hands if you are planning a wedding. Flowers, location on the island, hair, food...they take care of it all. If you are looking for a photographer you have to use Helene. She will make you feel and look like you belong in a magazine. I swear, we look at our photos everyday. As for the resort, we really cannot complain about anything. Food was great, plenty of options, just prepare yourself when traveling to Bora Bora, nothing and I mean nothing is cheap. We actually paid for the breakfast plan with Pacific For Less, I would definitely recommend this. As for activities, plenty to do, jet skiing, swimming with sharks, stingrays, snorkeling, stand up paddle boarding...the list goes on and on. There is really not much else I can say, other than book your trip now!

Room Tip: Definitely upgrade to the rooms facing the Mt Otemanu. Worth every penny!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Twissy2, Director of Sales and Marketing at The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
How exciting to hear that you think of us often since your visit last year! I actually home office in Texas so Bora Bora is my second home. Each time I return it is more special than this visit before. Bora Bora is definitely one of the most beautiful places and experience in the world.

Thank you for your lovely comments about our beautiful home and our team of ladies and gentlement. Bianca and Karine are wonderful....we have all been together now for the past 4 years and look forward to having you come back and see us again.

Warmest regards,
San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

French Polynesia has always been on my travel radar and I finally made it this year. We visited 5 islands and the St. Regis on Bora Bora was our last stop. The staff treats you very well and go out of their way to make sure you are happy. We had an over the water bungalow with a view of the main island. The place was amazingly huge. Very clean and if anything was not operating a call was all that it took to get it fixed. The butler who is assigned to you looks after you with great care. Do note that the distances are pretty long in the resort, but you can use the complimentry bicycles to get around or just call the front desk and they will send a golf cart to come and pick you up. Want to go to the main island for shopping or a tour or dinner? The resort has a shuttle boat and bus to take you around. Don't miss the Lagoonarium. It is a man made extendsion of the lagoon with coral and fish and is perfect for snorkling. If you are going to Bora Bora, I recommend the St Regis.

Room Tip: Get an over the water bungalow that looks at the main island
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Tracey_Fentem, director of sales and marketing at The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful review of our lovely home in Bora Bora. We are so happy that you were able to come to this incredible destination in the world and experience 5 different stops.

We do hope that you will return in the not so distant future!

Warmest regards,

Been to The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort? Share your experiences!