“Loved it!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 18 hotels in Bora Bora
Texas
“Loved it!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Just got back from our week long stay at the St. Regis. We LOVED it! We booked with Jennifer from Pacific for Less and I'd highly recommend that if you are considering a trip to French Polynesia you do the same. We got a good price and tons of extras (champagne welcome, free breakfast, free couples massage, free dinner on the beach) and everything went perfectly. I could not have been happier with the resort. Our room was beautiful (we stayed in one of the Premier OWB with a jacuzzi - Room 103) and we had a perfect view of the mountain. The staff really were very friendly and went out of their way to do anything they could to make us happy. We caught some fish (Wahoo and Mahi) when we went deep sea fishing and the hotel cooked it for us two nights in a row. It was amazing! We ate at Lagoon and TePahu and thought the food at both was fabulous! I read several reviews that were critical of food quality and price and I can assure you, my husband and I are really picky about food and we thought everything was really great! Of course it does cost more than in the US but you need to know this in advance and prepare accordingly. Jennifer from Pacific for Less told me that meals cost approx. what a really nice meal would cost in the US and this is the case. We usually spent $200 or so for dinner but I had no complaints. We did enjoy the included breakfast buffet every morning (so, so good) and filled-up to the point that we didn't ever need to eat lunch - so $200 a day seemed great to me. We always had soup, main course and split a dessert with a couple of drinks each. OMG the drink called Le Hina (I think) the one made in a coconut was delish! I probably spent a small fortune on coconut drinks and I would do it again...they were so good! We did bring 4 bottles of wine with us (I used a protective bottlekeeper from WineEnthusiast and it worked great) and that saved us a bit. We enjoyed the spa services - we had a couples massage that was so good I booked another one and had a sunburn relief wrap. Caution, the sun is really strong despite multiple applications of sunscreen, I still got burned. We enjoyed snorkeling in the Lagoonarium and swam off our dock every day. We also enjoyed meeting the biologist at the shark feeding at the Lagoon restaurant - that was fun and she gave us a lot of info about the local marine life. The color of the water is the most beautiful that I've ever seen. It is so clear that I felt really safe swimming all the time. We actually never used the pool. It was just so nice swimming in the oceanWe also watched for sea life off our deck at night. If you stay in the 100's watch for a family of spotted eagle rays - we saw them several times. I have also seen several reviews that mention bugs in the room. I think you have to remember that this is the tropics and if you leave food out you will probably attract something. I saw four sugar ants while we were there for a week - no big deal. I loved our room (103) it was close to the main hotel and the Lagoon restaurant but after staying there and biking to all areas of the resort, I really don't think you could get a bad room. Even if you don't get a mountain view, I don't think it would matter at all. I wouldn't stress about that. I truly think any room they have at the St. Regis would be fantastic and you would have a great time. If you are far from the main resort/restaurants you can call for a golf cart ride or just borrow one of the bikes - we rode bikes all over the resort and it was fun. If you want to go to town or to eat at one of the restaurants they have in town, you just take one of the free boats and a bus to get there. "Town" is small but we did get some small gifts for our kids and we did eat at Villa Mahana and enjoyed that quite a bit. One of the things I enjoyed most about the St. Regis was their level of service when we decided to leave the resort. If you book an excursion, one of the concierge staff will be out front when it is time for you to go making sure everything is going perfectly. Same thing with the trip to town they we always there to make sure things went off without a hitch. I felt totally cared for. We did a few excursions that I would highly recommend. We went deep sea fishing with Luna Sea. These guys were fantastic! We caught 4 great fish and learned some things about fishing and the local islands and people in the process. This is worth every penny! We went for a full day and I'd recommend you do the same. We saw whales too! If you like fishing at all you cannot miss this. We did a 1/2 day Pure Snorkeling trip with Reef Discovery and Simon was our guide. Very nice and really informative. It was fun and we saw lots of great fish. The coral in Bora Bora is no longer nice but the fish are still great. We also did the trip with Maohi Nui the snorkeling, stingrays, swim with sharks and see the manta rays along with a private champagne lunch with lobster/fish/chicken/fruit on the sand in a few inches of water on a private moto. Loved it and also worth every penny. This was also a highlight of the trip. Overall my husband and I felt like it was the trip of a lifetime and I would go back to the St. Regis in a minute. It was beyond perfect. If you are even considering a trip to Bora Bora you have to stay here - you will not regret it.

Room Tip: Any room you get will be wonderful. We loved ours #103 the view of the mountain cannot be beaten.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

1,118 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (329)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Shelby Township, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We just returned from spending 5 nights in Moorea and 8 nights at the St Regis on Bora Bora. What an amazing trip! From the time we stepped off the airplane in Bora Bora we were treated wonderfully. The St Regis staff were always friendly and helpful, not sure how but they all new our names! The over the water bungalows were spacious and clean. The pool and beach were never crowded and the water temperature perfect! We booked our trip through Richard at Custom Tahiti and he was a huge help. He set up everything for us, our excursions, dinners and even our spa treatments, he answered all of our many questions and made our vacation unforgettable.

Room Tip: At the St Regis the rooms that are 100 to 109 are closest to the pool, beach and restuarants. The fa...
Manhattan Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I was just reviewing TripAdvisor and noticed that I hadn't written a review for our stay almost a year ago. Shame on me!! First off I have to thank Jennifer and Pacific for Less for helping us plan this amazing trip. We couldn't have done it without her. For those of you planning a trip to Tahiti my advise to you is do your research and have your current travel agent price out a trip for you and then have Pacific For Less price it out for you. Absolutely no comparison at all. In addition to that Pacific For Less knows everything about every island here.
We started our trip in Le Taha'a, which was amazing, and then we headed to Bora Bora for 8 amazing nights. From the moment you are greeted at the airport to your departure back home this resort is a class act and will not disappoint. This was not only a honeymoon for us but also our wedding. We had an intimate wedding and had we had the opportunity to do things over again we wouldn't have done a single thing differently. As for weddings, Bianca and Karine are both sweethearts and couldn't have treated us better. You will be in good hands if you are planning a wedding. Flowers, location on the island, hair, food...they take care of it all. If you are looking for a photographer you have to use Helene. She will make you feel and look like you belong in a magazine. I swear, we look at our photos everyday. As for the resort, we really cannot complain about anything. Food was great, plenty of options, just prepare yourself when traveling to Bora Bora, nothing and I mean nothing is cheap. We actually paid for the breakfast plan with Pacific For Less, I would definitely recommend this. As for activities, plenty to do, jet skiing, swimming with sharks, stingrays, snorkeling, stand up paddle boarding...the list goes on and on. There is really not much else I can say, other than book your trip now!

Room Tip: Definitely upgrade to the rooms facing the Mt Otemanu. Worth every penny!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Twissy2, Director of Sales and Marketing at The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
How exciting to hear that you think of us often since your visit last year! I actually home office in Texas so Bora Bora is my second home. Each time I return it is more special than this visit before. Bora Bora is definitely one of the most beautiful places and experience in the world.

Thank you for your lovely comments about our beautiful home and our team of ladies and gentlement. Bianca and Karine are wonderful....we have all been together now for the past 4 years and look forward to having you come back and see us again.

San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

French Polynesia has always been on my travel radar and I finally made it this year. We visited 5 islands and the St. Regis on Bora Bora was our last stop. The staff treats you very well and go out of their way to make sure you are happy. We had an over the water bungalow with a view of the main island. The place was amazingly huge. Very clean and if anything was not operating a call was all that it took to get it fixed. The butler who is assigned to you looks after you with great care. Do note that the distances are pretty long in the resort, but you can use the complimentry bicycles to get around or just call the front desk and they will send a golf cart to come and pick you up. Want to go to the main island for shopping or a tour or dinner? The resort has a shuttle boat and bus to take you around. Don't miss the Lagoonarium. It is a man made extendsion of the lagoon with coral and fish and is perfect for snorkling. If you are going to Bora Bora, I recommend the St Regis.

Room Tip: Get an over the water bungalow that looks at the main island
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Tracey_Fentem, director of sales and marketing at The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful review of our lovely home in Bora Bora. We are so happy that you were able to come to this incredible destination in the world and experience 5 different stops.

We do hope that you will return in the not so distant future!

Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Had the most amazing honeymoon at the St Regis Bora Bora. The resort was like nothing we had seen before with spectacular views and the most beautiful aqua coloured water. The staff were attentive and welcoming and called us by name. We ate in all of the restaurants and the food was beautiful in all of them although a bit expensive, our favourite was the Sushi restaurant which we ate in twice. We loved snorkeling in the lagoon which had the most amazing array of fish. Our overwater bungalow was huge and such a treat to dive straight into the water. One of the highlights of our trip was the Shark & Ray Safari tour which came complimentary with our package from Custom Tahiti Travel. My husband really enjoyed swimming with the lemon sharks. We also had a couples massage, dinner one night of our stay and a private boat transfer to the airport included free with our package, thanks to Jackie for arranging all of this for us !. We thoroughly enjoyed our time at the St Regis, it really was the best resort we have ever stayed at. Hopefully we'll get to return one day!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
First of all congratulations on your marriage! We are so happy that you spent your honeymoon with us and loved your stay. We have a beautiful home and of course our ladies and gentlemen are special too!

We hope you come back in the future for maybe a one year anniversary? :)

Thank you for your lovely comments.

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Me and my wife spent a few weeks around Bora Bora in September 2012 and split the time between St Regis and Four Seasons in mountain view overwater bungalows. I won't waste time detailing these resorts, just note that they are both in the top-notch category with excellent restaurants, protected snorkeling, spa & gym, pools, tennis courts and overwater bungalows that feature rain showers, glass floors and private decks from which you can jump straight into the crystal clear waters.

Restaurants
The restaurant selection was pretty good at St Regist, with "Lagoon Restaurant by Jean-Georges" getting my award for best restaurant in Bora Bora. It's worth a visit even if you are not staying at the resort, just make sure to book a good sunset table ahead of time. The opposite goes for the polynesian show, I would recommend going over to Four Seasons instead for a better experience.

Room Service
We had quite a few dine-in experiences, and the room service does a good job setting up inside or on your deck with candles and flowers for a romantic dinner. We only had one disappointing experience, with a late night dinner, where the staff was outright rude.

Spa & Sports & Pools
We had some massages in the spa and used the exercise room, but the facilities did not come close to the facilities of the Four Seasons. On the other hand, the water sports at the St Regis beats the Four Seasons hands down. The bay where the kayaks, boards and boats are launched is pretty protected and the staff lets you roam free. In general, the resort felt much less busy than the Four Seasons, and not just in the zen pool area where you can lounge in your private cabana with your own private pool.

We had an unacceptable number of mishaps during our stay, but nothing that ruined our trip. It even started before we arrived, when we got stranded at the airport as no one came to pick us up, although we had sent our flight plans to the hotel ahead of time. Luckily, one hotel staff was being picked up, so we managed to get a ride to the hotel, but without the customary flower greeting. In preparing for the stay, we made special plans with the resort for private paddle boards during our stay, however we ran into several issues and we were not happy with the arrangements until a week into our stay. We also ran into other minor issues, like when we made front row reservations for the Polynesian show, but the reservations were lost. Unfortunately, it ended on the same note it started as we did not get the customary shell necklaces when leaving.

Overall
It's hard to beat the romantic setting at the St Regis with it's huge bungalows and non-crowded feel. Thanks to the layout, the bungalows feel more like homes than hotel rooms. Despite our poor luck with service, our butler made us feel better every time someone messed up. I would say St Regis is the resort to pick over Four Seasons if you are an active young couple that value privacy and romance.

Room Tip: Pick an island view on the north pontoon, odd numbers are better due to the bungalow deck layout (vi...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for sharing your experiences with us as it is very important. Needless to say we would welcome the opportunity to have you come back again in the future so that we can indeed provide you with the flawless stay. We love our beautiful home in the most amazing place in the world, Bora Bora and however we can improve any of our operation we will gladly do.

If you need anything in the future please do not hesitate to contact me.

Searcy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

We usually stay at SPG properties when we travel due to the great point values provided by the SPG Amex card. However, due to the high point usage for staying at the St. Regis in Bor Bora, we opted explore our options paying for the resort directly. Not knowing the area, we took the advice of other Trip Advisor members and contacted Claudia at Pacific for Less and let her do the negotiating and planning for us. I had ONE conversation with Claudia directly telling her what the occasion for travel was and what experience we were looking for. Ironically, she immediately recommended the St. Regis on Bora Bora. After agreeing to the location, I left her to do the rest of the work. A few days later I received an itinerary of travel with recommended tours, dining, vow renewal coordinators, photographer, etc. many activities I might add were negotiated for free as bonuses in our travel package with the St. Regis. We had to rearrange the dates of travel and some of the events and literally had to do nothing further. Claudia from Pacific for Less and Karine from the St. Regis handled everything else. When you get a professional from the start, you don't have to sweat the details nor borrow from the experience in advance by feeling the need to personally plan every little detail.

We arrived and everything was more than we could have hoped for. We were initially booked for the Superior Overwater Villas for 8 nights, but were upgraded for two complimentary nights in a Royal Oceanfront Villa with ultra privacy with the remainder in the overwater bungalows. Our butler Constantine, had the room ready complete with champagne..the bedroom was surprisingly sprinkled with rose petals to celebrate our anniversary trip.

While Karine, our St. Regis Coordinator was out of town, her assistant Marine was just delightful in handling all the details of our vow renewal. We were thoroughly pleased with all her recommendations for location and for the photographer Helene Harvard who has captured some of the most unique pictures we have seen on Bora Bora.

The food quality at the resort in my opinion was mixed. Not being much of a sushi connaisseur, I found quite a lot of their dishes in the theme restaurants to serve dishes in this format. I am aware that their sushi restaurant would obviously serve this, but our candlelight dinner selections as well as our lagoon restaurant seafood selections were served as raw or nearly raw. If love sushi, you will love this, otherwise, know exactly what you are ordering as I am sure they must have had other options. Breakfast on the other hand was always great with all the options one could ask for as well as a beautiful view of the sand and bay. The Polynesian show which is showcased each Wednesday for us was a disappointment as we booked a table 30 minutes before the show was to start. When we arrived at the buffet, there was hardly anything left of the main dishes and guess what was left? Sushi !:)) The main show was entertaining, but given the choice, I would have skipped the whole event and chose another couples massage since the price was about the same. The St. Regis was very accommodative for recommending other restaurants on the main island and went so far as to handle booking the restaurants as well as providing free transportation to and from the locations. We used this option several times and were not disappointed in any of our restaurant selections which included Villa Mahana (make reservations before you leave home due to overwhelming popularity of the location and unbelievable food), Makai, and Bloody Mary's (very cool restaurant with great ambiance)

We really enjoyed the layout of the resort which gave feeling of having the resort as well as the free amenities of the lagoonarium, paddleboarding, hobiecat sailing, snorkeling, etc all to yourself. While the resort did not seem crowed, there was never a shortage of staff to do what you needed.

Internet service was free in the business center which had computers equipped with webcams for dialing home. Due to the fast wireless Internet, we chose to use the $10 for 2 hr option a couple times during the week which was more than adequate for our communication needs.

We arrived and left the resort to the sight of staff waving to us on the dock. We will not forget our experiences and are very pleased that we chose the St. Regis!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us in Bora Bora. Thank you for your wonderful comments about the resort and our team of ladies and gentlemen. We are very glad that we have Karine and Marine on our wedding team as their attention to detail and care are amazing.

We hope you come back and see us again in the not so distant future!

Warmest regards,

Been to The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort? Share your experiences!