The hotel is not beach side but is actually located hillside between a municipal dump and a favella with errant aggressive dogs. So don’t be fooled by set up brochure pictures.
Large disgusting stains on walls and on bed cover in our guestroom.
Pillows were so used, soft and smelly that they were useless. However I am still waiting for the extra ones I requested from the reception. Toilets were heavily leaking and gave us a sample of the maintenance level all over this property.
Bathroom towels were ridiculously small and there was mildew all over the shower tiles.
Beds were particularly uncomfortable made by the reunion of two narrow twins.
Spider webs with giant spiders were found in each and every corners of the ceiling and I had to kill them in order not to be bitten during the night.
TV remote control unit was useless with no batteries inside. TV unit was not working properly though.
There is no card to access the guests bedrooms but oldish heavy keys.
You have to cross the island belt road whenever you want to reach the reception or the dining area. Their so called private beach has nothing to dream of since it is a man made sand strip with errant dogs not inviting like most of the beaches on Bora Bora.
Do consider that the rooms in units close to the island belt road are VERY noisy : inhabitants ride on motorcycles with noisy exhaust pipes 24/7 when others drive 4WD around the island with extra powerful sound systems taking themselves for moving DJs and imposing their decibels days and nights to the rest of the island !!!
Both check-in and check out were ridiculously long and bothering without any welcoming or any sign of respect to guests like anywhere in French Polynesia explaining why tourists are fleeing this destination or staying on cruise ships in order to avoid having to experience the terrible French Polynesia service.
Needless to say that we only staid 2 nights at this hotel and quickly moved to Manureva House a beautiful well appointed modern self contained vacation rental located north of the island with a gorgeous view.
Last Minute : The ACCOR hospitality brand (NOVOTEL, IBIS, PULLMAN, ...) has terminated its contract since January 1rst, 2010 due to a deluge of unsatisfied customers . The hotel is hardly trying to stay in business under the new name Bora Bora Beach Resort but the situation is currently critical and .bankruptcy imminent : you’d better stay away !!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Novotel Bora Bora Beach Resort is a 3 star resort located on a beautiful white sand beach in French Polynesia. Perfect for a tropical holiday or break with your partner or family, the hotel features ten two-storey Polynesian style buildings set on the mountainside, with 80 rooms overlooking tropical gardens. Boasting an infinity swimming pool and in-house dive centre, the resort also features a restaurant, bar, weekly entertainment program and complimentary water sports. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Bora Bora Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bora Bora Beach Hotel Bora Bora
- Novotel Bora Beach Hotel
- Accor Bora Beach Hotel
- Vaitape Novotel
- Novotel Bora Bora Beach Resort