“Very personable, intimate experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 39 activities in Bora Bora
Type: Water sports
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Best Dive Center in Bora Bora, since 1992. The specialist on the island for : Sharks, Manta Rays, Spotted Rays... Certified center : PADI, SSI, DAN, CEDIP, FFESSMFree Nitrox, Free Pickup all hôtels.Sarah, Yvan & all the staff are waiting for you for your best dives ever !Spoken languages : english, french, japanese, german, dutch, spanish, italianNEW !!!!!!!!!!!!! Liveaboard diving cruises in french polynesia : Bora Bora, Raiatea, Tahaa, Huahine, Maupiti, Fakarava, Rangiroa
Winnipeg, Canada
5 attraction reviews
“Very personable, intimate experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We travelled to Bora Bora in early December 2012, and decided to dive with Bora Diving at our hotel's advice. What a great choice!

First of all, no matter who you dive with, the sea life in Bora Bora is breath-taking! Manta rays, eagle rays, black tip reef sharks, lemon sharks, eels, clownfish/ anemones, and countless buttefly fish that school with you to name a few! So if you are in Bora Bora, diving is a must!!

As for Bora Diving Centre, we really enjoyed our dive masters (Hiroko, and Dan). VERY knowledgeable, and very friendly. We felt it very easy to ask them any questions, which they always knew the answer to! We really enjoyed the smaller, more intimate groups with Bora Diving. Any time we saw a Top Dive boat, there were dozens of people, and it always seemed overcrowded!

We feel we made the right choice going with Bora Diving Centre

Visited December 2012

Canada
“Bora Diving... Superb!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

FANTASTIC! So I just read a review about Bora Diving that didn't match up with our experience. We managed to get in 10 dives with Bora Diving and met and dove with each of the divemasters. Yvan, the owner, helped us complete our Nitrox certification after we did our PADI portion online. We also met his lovely wife Sarah, who manages the dry land portion of the business. All our dives began with the dive briefings and safety procedures and we felt very comfortable with the dive plans. There is a limited number of great dive sites around the island and therefore, we had to visit some sites twice. Still, we'd always take a different route and there was always lots to see. We saw 10 ft lemon sharks, black tip reef sharks, moray eels and giant manta rays within 8 ft of us. One day we experienced their huge catamaran that's set up for live aboard diving (definitely a tempting vacation destination for next time ) they can accommodate up to 8 divers. If you are looking for a way to spend some quality time underwater with some super people, this is the group.

Visited December 2012
“DONT GO!!!! WARNING ALL AMERICANS!!!!!!!!!! *Danger*”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

I'll just get down to the point...my wife and I did not feel safe or welcome! The crew were extremely rude to us because we are AMERICANS! We had no experience at all...they threw us In the water and dropped us down 60ft while we were desperately gasping for air... NOT FUN PEOPLE . NOT fun or safe we climbed back on the tin boat and waited for the NIGHTMARE to end! DO NOT scuba with this company TRUST US! If you do your life is in DANGER! They kept "joking" with us that the sharks were going to kill us!!!!!! Are you KIDDING me my wife was scared as is! I am being honest this experience we had with the diving center was as close to dying as I have EVER come! I wish there was a warning DIVE AT YOUR OWN RISK! Sickens me!

North Providence
“Bora Dive Center offers unique dive experience in Boro Bora”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Oct 22 2012 did a 2-tank dive in Bora Bora just outside of Pofai Bay near Vaitape.
Bora Dive Center’s boat came and picked me up at my cruise ship’s tender dock right on time.
The photographer, boat captain and dive leader made the trip fun and entertaining.
The first dive was just outside the reef and lasted 52 minutes to a maximum depth of 24 meters.
We saw lots of lemon sharks, fascinating schools of fish that you could actually swim through
and a couple of rays as well. Dive leader showed use a lion fish hiding in coral as well as a moray ell sticking his head out.
The visibility was about 50 feet because of some storm turbulence had made it less clear than normal, it was fine.
A highlight was when a local free dove down to where were at 40-50 feet under water with mask, snorkel and fins
to grab the tail of a 5-foot lemon shark about 30 feet away from us … pretty neat to see.
The second dive to a maximum of 18 meters lasted 48 minutes was just inside the reef.
Beautiful coral and a large variety of small fish; it was like diving in a giant salt water fish tank at an aquarium.
One unique experience was swimming along a sandy bottom up a hill ; not something you experience often in a dive.
The skilled team at Bora Dive Center provided a fun dive experience above and below.

Visited October 2012
San Diego, California
8 attraction reviews
“A mixed bag”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Bora diving center was cheaper than topdive, so we ended up there. We purchased a package for 3 days. I've been diving for about 10 years, my wife is brand new (in both senses). The first day was good - we saw rays and sharks, awesome. One guy in the group eneded up buddy breathing - odd, but ok. Second day - I wasn't paying much attention on the way out, we stoped to pick up a lot of people. Jumped in the water - yay, rays! Another person on buddy breathing. Second dive of the day I had a bit of sinus issue, and an instructer tried to pull me down while I was equalizing. Had to make the international freaking the [--] out stop pulling me eyes. At the end of the dive - a deep one, hit 80 feet I was running low on air because I started below 200 bar. Instructor put me on buddy breathing instead of letting us go up - not cool. Last day - SAME DIVE SITES AGAIN!!! We had to complain to get a new site, but we still ended up at one site 3 times. At the end of the dive, again deep my computer said 0 reamining decompression time, and I was the highest all day. I grabbed my wife and bumped it up to clear. Dive master stayed down for an additional 5 minutes with no visible computer. There were also many random "instructors" that were diving with the group. They did not seem to add to the experience and were trampling the coral - not cool.

Visited November 2012