“Nice location but poor service” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Chez Nono

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bora Bora
Chez Nono
You added Chez Nono to your Saves list
Pointe Matira, 98 730, French Polynesia   |
Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in Bora Bora
Brussels, Belgium
“Nice location but poor service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2008

We liked the location on the beach. The staff was however not very friendly and nobody was available before 8 a.m. and after 6 p.m. We witnessed the arrival of a couple that was not picked up at the airport (although agreed beforehand) and that did not encounter anyone when trying to check in. Also note that nobody came to clean the rooms during our stay,

We expected a better service for the amount paid.

Internet is not available.

The lagoon cruise we organised with them was fine.

Robert & Jane

Stayed December 2008, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Hamburg
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2007

First of all, the booking per phone was very complicated, and I never got a reponse on my mails!! I called from Germany and the owner of Chez Nono said three times that he is busy and i shall call again, nevertheless I booked a bungalow! As I arrived the owner told me that I had never booked my bungalow, then I asked him to give me a room instead of a bungalow, he did, BUT: the room was dirty, the toilet was next to my room, and the owners were very unfriendly! The rooms, not only mine, the others as well are very old and really dirty! I told this to the owner and he said, if I did not like it here, I should spend my holidays anywhereelse! Nightmare!

• Liked — Nothing!
  • Disliked — Very unfriendly owners, very dirty accomodations and and and......
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Basking Ridge, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2007

We stayed three nights at Chez Nono, on their water facing beach house. This was a great value for money! We payed about 1/5 of the price of similar places offered by Intercontinental and Sheraton, for the same location and view.

The staff is quite helpful as well. As far as the high prices on Bora Bora go---this is very reasonable, especially considering you're literally 1 meter away from the water!

Stayed September 2007
A place called Planet Earth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2006

A friend of mine and I stayed there in September 2002 and I must say that although the accomodation is simple I enjoyed my stay here more than I would have in a 5 Star hotel!

The rooms are simple but the location in Matira Point is Amazing (cant get any better in my opinion) and the hotel staff are amazing - mimi, emily and hebeca! (4 years and I still remember their names)!

The best thing about this place is the shared showers and kitchen, which made you meet a lot of travelers from around the world and made our trip even more wonderful!

Very Recommended

( I know I will regret this recommendation because I will find it fully booked the next time I will go there!)

Stayed October 2006
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2006

We loved everything about this place. We stayed for 5 days in January this year in a round bungalow at the waters edge.

The location was sensational, our bungalow had its own private facilities, we were so close to the shore line, I couldn't believe it. The beach was beautiful, never jam packed with people and the water was so clear.

Le Truck came down quite regularly if you wanted to go to the village of Vaitape and you could walk to numerous restaurants/snack bars from there.

The people who run this place were absolute treasures. I cried my eyes out when it was time to leave - I felt like I was leaving family behind.

We also met some really lovely other travellers from all over the world which added to the whole experience.

I second the other poster's comments about the motu picnic tours that run from Chez Nono - they are called Teremoana Tours and I also could not say enough great things about it.

This is the perfect choice for the independent traveller looking for a polynesian experience.

• Liked — Location of both the pension and the bungalows themselves; incredible value; wonderful staff
  • Tips/Secrets — Some restaurants deliver meals to Chez Nono if you are looking for a compromise between dining out and cooking yourself.
  • Stayed January 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2006

Chez Nono is a simple pension right on the beach on Matira Point. Our room was basic, comfortable and clean as were the shared bathrooms. It is located on a nice, sandy beach where you can sit and watch the sun set into the Pacific. There are stores and restaurants within easy walking distance. Restaurant food is expensive ($15US for a hamburger and fries) and the prices are the same at the little shack on the beach and the nice restaurant at the MaiTai Resort down the street. But you can save a bit by using the well equipped kitchen at Chez Nono.

• Liked — location
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2005

Chez Nono itself is a delightful place with a shared kitchen to meet other people from around the world (mostly France). The place is kept clean and the staff are helpful and friendly. The 2 round beach huts are wonderful but small for a family of 4. There is only cold water available for washing/showers.

BUT it is next door to a jet ski hiring place full of young folk. Every day of our 4 days there they played loud music all day. Mostly it was loud rock music played by an amateur live rock band. Laying on the beach it sounded like a Ghetto blaster playing loudly 10 ft away. The sound could be heard all along the beach.

Pleaceful relaxation it was not.

However, it was a great place from where you could go out on trips,lovely eating places were all around and car hire was nearby.

• Stayed July 2005

Been to Chez Nono? Share your experiences!