“Great location, but that's it. ” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Chez Nono

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bora Bora
Chez Nono
You added Chez Nono to your Saves list
Pointe Matira, 98 730, French Polynesia   |
Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in Bora Bora
Seoul, South Korea
“Great location, but that's it. ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

Great place right on the beech. But service was less than personable. And keep the mosquito thing (or 3) plugged in at all times.

Just make sure you have /everything/ set when you check in and then you can enjoy the location.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

I was reminiscing about my trip to Bora when I stumbled across these reviews that are pretty shocking.

First, here is how it is: if you are on a honeymoon or have a "princess" for a wife, splash out and stay in one of the 500 dollar per night overwater bungalo's elsewhere on the island. If, however, you are looking for the cultural experience, and dont need much, Chez nono is absolutely fantastic.

I stayed there for 2 weeks with my girlfriend in June 2010, we were travelling the world so were on a budget (or as much a budget as FP will allow). We didnt stay in the round bungalow but stayed in the smaller square one also on the waters edge. When we first walkd into the room we got a shock because it was small and cramped, but after a day or two we realised it was perfect, what more did we need than a bed, shower and toilet!?!?

The lagoon which is literally 5 steps away in unbelievable, Bora is an out of this world experience, it is beautiful. The waves beak on the reef about 500 meters off shore rather than on the beach which is so strange and fascinating. rays swim past on a dailey basis. There are free kayaks in nono which you can take out anytime to paddle around the lagoon and if you paddle out to the reef you will get to see a couple of lemon sharks swimming around (totally harmless).

The shop is a 10 minute walk away and has everything youd need (at an overinflated price). We would get a couple of beers every night and stand on the waters edge with everyone else from nono and watch the sun set every evening. there is a communal kitchen which is great for meeting other travellers.

A short walk up the road is the novotel and you can rent a little speedboat for the day without a licence and drive all over the lagoon yourself, it was one of our best days. We drove out to the motu and explored that, fantastic.

Other than that, there is a little truck that goes around the island and can take you anywhere. Go on a jeep tour of the island with a guy called "coco", he is a character and is a great guy. Lots of fun. Also, take a trip out to "le Meridien", you can go out for lunch and have a look at what money can buy (turtles in their swimming pools!!!!).

There is also a shop a 2 min walk away with internet (again, very expensive).

I would, and hopefully will, stay again.

Room Tip: get the square one next to the water. its not as cool looking as the round one but the window has a...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Kolkata
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2010

After reaching the hotel it is seen there is no supply of hot water at all but though for Delux room 24 hour hot water facility should be there, secondly the bed sheets were dirty though for replacement it is told but they have not replaced. Room phone was out of service though complain were lodged immediately but not rectified still the exit date.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Scotland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2010

Chez Nono was not actually that bad but my wife was furious (still is after a year) because we couldn't decide between Chez Nono and the Novotel at the same price and I persuaded her to stay there because it looked more romantic. Unfortunately we made the mistake of wandering into the Novotel with its infinity pool and great beach so I have never heard the end of it.

We stayed 3 nights in one of the 2 big round bungalows - luckily it was the one right at the front or my wife would have been really mad because the other one is at the back. Even though you are in a prime position right on the beach, you can't actually see out the windows without getting into a strange position so it defeats the purpose. Big room, tired looking, not all that clean. We panicked when we saw there were no mosquito screens or net but it was OK as for some reason there were no mosquitos. They did not clean the room in 3 days. Noise during the day from the public beach and the hotel (very popular with huge French families - how do they afford to get so many children to FP?!) but OK at night. The shared kitchen was dirty. The few beach chairs they had were broken. Can't complain much about the service as we did not really ask for anything and there was never any one around anyway. Probably our least favourite hotel in FP, even though it is cheap by Bora Bora standards.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Mammoth Lakes, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2009

We spent 4 nights at Chez Nono in the big round bungalow on the beach. The bungalow itself was pretty cool as it sat directly on the beach. It was clean and comfortable and a good value for the price. But as soon as we arrived I knew we wanted to use this place as a base. It's not somewhere we wanted to hang out for any length of time. The property is small and the beach is public. Neighborhood dogs would defecate on their beach every morning and around the grounds. A group of children from the neighborhood would play on their beach which amounted to 5 hours a day of screaming and crying. I like dogs and I'm used to kid noise but this was extreme. We received good service during our stay. The owner Claude was very helpful arranging tours and transfers. The highlight of our trip was the Terramona Circle Island tour run by Chez Nono. One of the best tours I have ever been on. I highly recommend it if you are staying on Matira Point so you can get views of the famous Mt. Otemanu.
I'm glad we did see Bora Bora but I would not return. It really is paradise lost with the overdevelopment and inflated prices. We also traveled to Moorea and Huahine and would return there in a heartbeat.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
oxon,uk
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2009

so, on the plus side its nowhere near the price of most other places on bora, the beach is fabulous and it IS the doorstep (when its not full of cruise ship customers as I think its the only public beach on the island!) and it was very quiet when I was there.

however, its not cheap compared to other islands in FP, I got bitten to *******, the staff are not desperately interested, and the accommodations aren't great.

I was quite glad that I had only booked one night on Bora, as unless you are peirce brosnan and have a bungalow I thought it was an over-rated place. I much more enjoyed Raiatea or Huahine..

Got a great tour with Sirion in a yellow jeep - had three japanese couples probably on their honeymoon in the back of the jeep, he took great delight in scaring them up and down the off-road bumps!!

• Liked — cheapest place I could find
  • Disliked — cost
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Brussels, Belgium
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2008

We liked the location on the beach. The staff was however not very friendly and nobody was available before 8 a.m. and after 6 p.m. We witnessed the arrival of a couple that was not picked up at the airport (although agreed beforehand) and that did not encounter anyone when trying to check in. Also note that nobody came to clean the rooms during our stay,

We expected a better service for the amount paid.

Internet is not available.

The lagoon cruise we organised with them was fine.

Robert & Jane