We paid through the roof for our Bora Bora experience
3 days in an over the water horizon view bungalow - you know the ones you see on the postcards and idillyic locations list.
We were not dissapointed at all - it was sensational, the bungalow had everything you would ever need in this paradise - and honestly it is paradise. Bora Bora is paradise on earth, the most beautiful place I have ever been to.
The postives of this resort over others - is that there is a private beach and the bungalows face the sunrise and you walk through the resort to the otherside and there is a gorgeous public beach for sunset - The best of both worlds. Its also very close to numerous restaurants - one being Bloody Marys (free pick up). I would not eat in the restaurant - we got conned into one night for over 100 pounds and it was awlful so bad we got a refund... I didn't let this ruin anything though. The staff were pretty friendly and everything else in the setting is beautiful.
The snorkelling under the huts is pretty good with Flute fish, Puffers and Trigger fish galore. And feeding the fish through the glass table is such a cool experience. The diving centre that the intercontinental has connection with is well worth a visit too.
The resort also offers free DVD's, a good concierge service, free snorkelling gear and kayaks. The onsite Pearl shop is also pretty good with great friendly service. The other thing I would comment on is the locals who work at the resort are very friendly and lovely to deal with.
We took the free service to this resorts sister resort on the sand banks called Thalasso Spa, and honestly I prefered the ease of ours, although I cant take away from the beauty of it and I am sure the snorkelling was better. |for the differenc ein money I would again stay at Le Moana, but I suppose its personal preference.
The other thing I wasn't overly happy with was that when booking online the collection service from the airport is not included and is over 100 pounds sterling ( a bit pricy in my opinion)
All in all we will return as it was beautiful - worth ever penny
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Bora Bora Le Moana Hotel Bora Bora
- Intercontinental Bora Bora Le Moana Hotel
- Intercontinental Le Moana Bora
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- L'InterContinental Bora Bora Le Moana Resort is located to the south side of the main island, at the famous Matira point, considered as one of the most beautiful beach in the world. The hotel situated only 8kms away from the main city of Vaitape, offers you a breathtaking view on the lagoon, but also on the impressive Mt OTEMANU and PAHIA. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda and Travelocity so you can book your InterContinental Bora Bora Le Moana Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.