We just finished a three night stay at the Le Moana, after completing a windstar cruise. After doing much research we decided on the Le Moana becuase of its island location versus the isoltion of the motu location. This enabled us the opportunity to sample the islands restaraunts via free taxi service provided by the restaraunts, as opposed to being at the mercy of the water taxis and the charges that the motu resorts charge to bring you to the main island. Also, staying on the island made it convenient to walk to a small convenience store an pick up basic supplies at a fraction of the cost of that you would pay at the resort. From speaking to other travellers we met, It seemed that if cost is no option and that you wanted total privacy and were comfortable eating at the same restaraunts multiple times, that the motu resorts were the way to go(more luxurious). The Intercontinental offered excellent accomodations, a polynesian feel, and being on the island advantages.
We stayed in a horizon bungalow, #30, with spectacular views and great amentites. The snorkelling was excellent right off our deck, and we took advantage of the kayaking and paddle boards. The breakfast buffet was pricy at arounf $40pp, and was the typical american style with an excellent selection of fresh fruit and breads. The orange juice was not fresh squeezed.
We did not have dinner at the hotel and instead ventured out on the island. The concierge will make reservations for you, and the taxi transportation to the restaurants is free, which is nice considering all other taxi rides are a minimum of $20-40 each way.
They arrange transportation via boat back to the airport which was very convenient. price was about $55pp.
Overall a beautiful resort, an awesome overwater bungalow experience, and the advantage of an on island location versus the more private and isolated motu location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- L'InterContinental Bora Bora Le Moana Resort is located to the south side of the main island, at the famous Matira point, considered as one of the most beautiful beach in the world. The hotel situated only 8kms away from the main city of Vaitape, offers you a breathtaking view on the lagoon, but also on the impressive Mt OTEMANU and PAHIA. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, IHG, Orbitz, Odigeo, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your InterContinental Bora Bora Le Moana Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Bora Bora Le Moana Hotel Bora Bora
- Intercontinental Le Moana Bora