My wife and I had read both the bad and good reviews on Trip Advisor for the resort and were worried prior to leaving home. We had read that the other resorts were better, how the winds were too strong, the staff were rude, that the rooms were inferior and the food was poor and over-priced. All I can say to that is that you need to do your homework before leaving. Prior to leaving home we upgraded our suite to a Horizon Junior bungalow, a positive frame of mind and a determination to accept things for what they are.
We arrived at the dock of the Le Moana resort after a incredible water taxi ride to be met by a representative of the resort. We were taken to a lounge reception area where we were greeted with a refreshing drink, during this time our documents were taken for the registration. After a short period we were escorted by a very courteous member of the staff to our bungalow. Well when the door opened we were blown away with firstly the view and secondly the room. The little touches were done to perfection, ranging from the flowers, to the gifts to the luggage stored in the cupboard on arrival.
We were fortunate to spend 5 nights in paradise and during this time, we had arranged a breakfast and dinner deal, experienced excellent dining with beautifully prepared dishes. If there was any complaint it would be at the beginning of our experience with breakfast. The first morning we were there for breakfast, the staff appeared to be dis-interested and rude. But once they knew who we were and we exhibited respect and friendliness, they more than friendly and helpful. I think a lot of times people misunderstand the locals and also treat them with contempt.
In regards to the location we could not have been happier, we found the winds refreshing and due to the location of the bungalows able to be sheltered. Again we accept conditions for what they are and looked at the other resorts and believe that the conditions may have been stifling due to very little cooling wind. When we arrived we were arrived that if the winds proved too strong then the beach was more sheltered, so we had options.
As far as the cost was concerned, we were expecting worse and yes certain items are pricey but you need to keep in mind where you are located and everything requires shipping and transportation costs.
I found that the staff all work very hard to improve their image and also make you feel welcome. This was especially felt at dinner time where there was attention to detail and a commitment by senior management.
The only disappointing event that occurred was that we lost water to our bungalow and were required to move to the lagoon bungalow for our last night. I must say this placed a damper on our experience as we both wanted to finish on a high. But it did confirm our decision to upgrade to the Horizon junior Suite.
In general I would not hesitate in recommending the Intercontinental Le Moana Resort to any of our friends. I would also like to thank all the staff for making our stay a truly amazing experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- L'InterContinental Bora Bora Le Moana Resort is located to the south side of the main island, at the famous Matira point, considered as one of the most beautiful beach in the world. The hotel situated only 8kms away from the main city of Vaitape, offers you a breathtaking view on the lagoon, but also on the impressive Mt OTEMANU and PAHIA. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your InterContinental Bora Bora Le Moana Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Bora Bora Le Moana Hotel Bora Bora
- Intercontinental Le Moana Bora