My husband and I stayed here Aug 25 - 31 for our Anniversary. We loved the Intercontinental Le Moana Resort. From the fruit tray and macaroons in our room upon arrival. To the surprise bottle of champagne waiting for us when we returned from a private motu lunch before Mt Otemanu the day of our anniversary. The staff was great, always attentive to our needs and always greeting us with "Ia Orana." The water before our Horizon Overwater Bungalow was so clear and calm. Our first day and last day there we had a sting ray swim under our bungalow & hang out for a minute. We fed the fishies right from our glass coffee table that slid open. We snorkeled, swam and floated right before our room. Bring a lounge floatie to layout on and relax, and some string to tie up to the ladder so you don't drift away. I truly enjoyed bungalow 18. We had a view of Raiatea to our right, Mt Otemanu to our left, and gorgeous sunrises viewed straight from our bed every morning. We had no problems with winds and had no rain during our stay here. Steps (literally steps) from the entrance to the Resort is Matira Beach, a great place to watch the sunset. The water is so calm there, it looks like glass. If you walk out to the main road there is a shop selling souvenirs and drinks right across the street (we picked up some Hinano here). To your right hand side on the main road is Lucky's. Yum! We ate here twice and loved it all, especially the escargot. We tried Bloody Mary's but more for the name sake then the actual food. Though I would not give them a bad review. Eating with your toes in the sand is always fun. Be sure to catch the ferry to the Thalasso for the 2pm Sting Ray feeding. Don't forget your water shoes as sea urchins can be found anywhere on the island. And bring lots of sunblock. I tan fairly quick and went thru 2 bottles easily. All in all this place is amazing! The location is truly paradise, the resort and its staff are wonderful. I could not have asked for more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- L'InterContinental Bora Bora Le Moana Resort is located to the south side of the main island, at the famous Matira point, considered as one of the most beautiful beach in the world. The hotel situated only 8kms away from the main city of Vaitape, offers you a breathtaking view on the lagoon, but also on the impressive Mt OTEMANU and PAHIA. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, Despegar.com, Orbitz, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your InterContinental Bora Bora Le Moana Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Bora Bora Le Moana Hotel Bora Bora
- Intercontinental Le Moana Bora