We stayed in Le Moana for 5 nights in March 2011. Our bungalow was the last one on the left side (#12) with horizon views in both directions (east and north). The views were amazing each day. I requested this bungalow because this is where the water in the lagoon becomes a little steeper and you can jump from your deck on the one side (the water by the other bungalows is too shallow and jumping is not allowed). The water color by #12 also changes, so great views are guaranteed. We kajaked one day to Corral Gardens (directly across from the hotel nearby the motu -- it took about 15 minutes to get there) and the snorkeling was amazing. We also rented electric bicycles one day and biked around the island -- beware that although they tell you that with a battery change in Vaitape, it will last you the entire trip, the last few kilometers the battery died (and it is hard to pedal on an electric bike). The trip is definitely worth it though -- you get to see how the locals live. We also did the 4x4 with Tupuna Safari -- the hills that those jeeps can climb are unbelievable! And the views totally worth it. And we highly recommend the shark and stingray feeding tour! Our guide was Alfons and he was great! We were a bit worried before the trip, but he made us feel completely at ease and we swam with sharks all around us. Bring an underwater camera -- we ended up buying a disposable there, to keep memories from this unique experience. The tourguide takes you around the island in the boat, so you get to see the whole lagoon.
Food is great in the hotel - we had dinner one night and the romantic dinner (part of the Costco package -- that was amazing! Great wine and the food was delicious - wait till you see the desert plate. We also ate twice in La Bounty -- great restaurant 10 minute walking distance from the hotel -- fish and meat is very tasty there. Bloody Mary's is not worth it -- too hyped up -- the staff is rude and the food is bland. No recommended. There is a pizza shack around the corner, great pizza for lunch.
We visited Thalasso one time -- it is a much bigger hotel, the lagoon around is not as nice (deeper waters and the color is much darker), but nice views overall (go see the reef and ocean behind the hotel - take the path behind the spa that says "staff only"). We also spent a lot of time on our deck and in the water which is just amazing, you cannot have enough! To sum up, Bora Bora is the most beautiful place in the world and Le Moana is the place to stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- L'InterContinental Bora Bora Le Moana Resort is located to the south side of the main island, at the famous Matira point, considered as one of the most beautiful beach in the world. The hotel situated only 8kms away from the main city of Vaitape, offers you a breathtaking view on the lagoon, but also on the impressive Mt OTEMANU and PAHIA. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your InterContinental Bora Bora Le Moana Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Bora Bora Le Moana Hotel Bora Bora
- Intercontinental Le Moana Bora