“Best location! Clear waist-deep water, white sand beach, great snorkeling!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bora Bora Pearl Beach Resort & Spa

You added Bora Bora Pearl Beach Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Bora Bora Pearl Beach Resort & Spa
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   Motu Tevairoa | BP 169, 98730, French Polynesia   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Bora Bora
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Best location! Clear waist-deep water, white sand beach, great snorkeling!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

We stayed here for our honeymoon. I specifically picked this hotel because of the waist-deep water surrounding the hotel. It wasn't until we got there that we discovered our real favorite part was the reefs. We stayed in an overwater bungalow facing out to Mount Otemanu (Room 27). The view was unbelievable! We loved jumping off our balcony and just playing in the lagoon like it was a giant swimming pool (no treading water like some other hotels!). The hotel has a reef restoration project so there are more than 75 different species of fish living around the hotel. Most reefs are specifically placed under walkways or under bungalows so they can be seen through the glass bottom tables in the rooms. We thought we had seen lots of fish while snorkeling at our hotel in Moorea- we were wrong! It was amazing how many fish there were! We took several GoPro videos just swimming around them at the hotel. You can even buy fish food and feed them if you really want to see a frenzy. The room was large and had an authentic feel with the thatched roof ceiling and wood carvings on the wall. Every night the staff would bring water and a Tahitian folk story The hotel had lots of amenities including a mini golf course that we played one day. We mostly ate at the resort, but our favorite place was the bar! The drinks were made with fresh fruit and were delicious. With drinks they served three appetizers. I'm not sure exactly what each one was, but they were so good we would get seconds! This hotel definitely has more of a French influence which is reflected in their food. I really liked that there was a Top Dive center on the resort which made it easy to arrange trips. The hotel also has a free shuttle service to the main island, but you pay for the bus to take you into town from the pier. One of my favorite things about the hotel was the keychain our room key was on. It was made from a shell with a carving of Mount Otemanu on it. When we were checking out I asked if we could purchase it (kind of joking) and he gave it to us free of charge! It's one of my favorite keepsakes of a honeymoon we will never forget!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
DGBorapearlbeach, Directeur général at Bora Bora Pearl Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear MichelleDyer,
Thank you for choosing the Bora Bora Pearl Beach Resort & Spa for celebrating your honeymoon.
It is an honour to serve you during such a unique event and to know that we have made your stay a memorable experience.
Awaiting the moment of welcome you again
David Ballandras

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (249)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

I still give this hotel 5 stars, although it should be 4.75ish. The service was amazing, the grounds are pristine, the rooms are amazing, the staff is so friendly... But my review serves to be honest and share the whole experience, so I'll share what I thought was lacking. To be honest, the main thing was the snorkeling and underwater life. I researched like crazy before I went and heard this was the second best place to snorkel besides the Hilton, which doesn't have a view of the mountain. So, we chose the Pearl. I thought the water was great although low visibility due to a lot of stirred up sand all of the time. But there are no fish. Snorkeling was a bummer. But I've heard it's like that all over Bora Bora at the resorts. We did dive off site and it was incredible. But in the end, the place is brilliant and it's not the hotel's fault there are no fish. They try with the coral nursery but it's lame. I'd go back for sure if I ever go back to Bora Bora, but may skip it for Tikehau the whole time next time!

Room Tip: Premium doesn't necessarily mean a view of the mountain, which is a shame. I wanted that so bad...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
DGBorapearlbeach, Directeur général at Bora Bora Pearl Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear librahi,
I am delighted to read that you had a nice holiday, and enjoyed the comfort of your bungalow as well as the facilities throughout our resort.
I’m sorry that due to the weather you have not been able to enjoy our coral nursery and see some fishes that we do have normally. We work every day to develop our nursery and to preserve our magnificent lagoon.
I, personally, thank you again for taking the time to share your experience and I hope to welcome you back in the future.
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

My wife and I have been here for 5 days as part of our honeymoon (we spent 8 days in New Zealand before arriving here). It is absolutely beautiful. The resort is impeccable, and the staff wonderful, friendly and accommodating. We had a Polynesian wedding ceremony here which was beautiful. It is quiet, and sometimes it feels like you have the whole place to yourself. The pool is beautiful, the landscaped gardens are amazing, and the beach and ocean, as well as the mountain views, mesmerizing.

We are staying in an over the water bungalow and being able to wake up and go straight to the ocean was awesome. The units were clean, and well maintained. The bathrooms feature both a shower and tub, and overall the unit was spacious enough for us.

The spa was out of this world and I would highly recommend a massage. Titaua was my massage therapist and I enjoyed the massage I got on Monday so much, I went back yesterday for another one!

The resort is isolated, so you have to take a boat ride to the mainland to visit some shops and restaurants, though there are two restaurants, one store and a bar at the resort. We enjoyed the isolation and quiet, but as the boat ride is less than a 5 minute ride, it is not that big of a deal if you want to visit the main island.

We did a 4 wheel drive safari around the main island with Frank, which we great, but if you never want to leave the resort, you will have everything you need at Pearl Beach.

Room Tip: Over the water bungalows facing the mountain.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear dkennedy218,
Thank you for choosing the Bora Bora Pearl Beach Resort & Spa for celebrating your wedding.
We have already passed along your comments, regarding the service, to Titaua and all of our team as recognition for their hard work and to serve as added motivation to continue delivering the highest of standards.

Thank you once again for choosing Bora Bora Pearl Beach Resort & Spa and we would be delighted to welcome you back for your wedding anniversary.
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Overall, we had a fabulous stay at The Pearl Resort. We were in a premium OWB, # 45. had a great view of Mount Otemano. The service was outstanding, our room was cleaned and fresh linens supplied by the time we finished breakfast everyday. In the evening, they would be there for turn down service and bottles of water. The last night, they brought a platter of fresh fruit to our OWB, yummy! We did have a glitch with check in that kinda irritated me. Our room wasn't ready on arrival but we were at the resort at 8:30am or so and check in is at 2pm. They provided a courtesy room for me and my traveling companions to leave our luggage. We changed for the beach and relaxed and napped on the beach for 2 hrs.
They said they would come and let us know as soon as the room was available. Since we heard nothing by 1pm, we changed and decided to catch the water shuttle to town and get supplies at the grocery. So when we check in at reception just to let them know where we were going, they tell us " oh the room has been ready". Now the reason this is so irritating is that the courtesy room had no A/C. We were able to shower but for you that have been to Bora Bora the humidity is unbelievable. We were sweaty pigs. I live in the Midwest and am quite accustomed to 80-90% humidity with 90 degree weather in the summer but this was something all together different.
So they went ahead and took care of our luggage and we went to the town, shopped a bit, had lunch at the Bloody Mary. Then, when were back in town, the locals were preparing for the election for president of French Polynesia the following day. They had their vehicles decorated with the flags of their candidate, had stereos on the vehicles too and drove the streets and celebrated their particular candidate. I have no idea of who the candidates were, but it was blue and white flags, yellow and then orange. From what I understand the Orange flag candidate won the election. It was so fun and interesting to see this political event in another country. Seemed so much nicer than what we have in the States, just my opinion.
So we get back to the Pearl at 6:30pm or so and there is one man at the reception desk and had to wait another 15 or 20 minutes before we Could get escorted to the room. By this time, we had been traveling etc for 33 hours. They did give us free Internet service for our stay. Other than that, I have absolutely no complaints about the resort.
Snorkeling not so good at the resort, but so nice to walk down into waist to chest deep water and float around, snorkel and swim. I did see a reef shark swim out from other our OWB early one morning. Unbelievable!
Went on the jet ski tour of lagoon, loved it!
Also did the snorkel, swim with rays and swam with sharks. Awesome.
Had dinner at Mai Kai one night, wonderful!

We were there May 4-8th. then on to Hauhine and Tahiti. I will review those islands separately.

Glad to answer any questions you may have!

I will review

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Sandyfromlndy,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to offer your feedback concerning our property. It is with constructive comments such as yours that we are able to fine tune our services.
The issues that you brought to our attention are important to us and are being addressed, so that we can make adjustments accordingly and guarantee the best experience for our future guests.
The check-in time is 2pm but we try to do our best to give you the room as soon as possible, and I’m sorry that is was not the case for you.
Alexandria, Va.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

The luxury over water bungalows are worth every penny! Watching the sunrise and the clouds move across the tops of the BORA BORA mts. from your king bed or specious balcony is magical. The ability to walk down your private steps to the asome light blue water or out your front door about 100yds to the resort and beautiful new spa across the wide overwater dock ties the whole resort together. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. The breakfasts are very good, however the dinners presntations are superb but not the taste. If you are a fan of outdoor beauty, luxury, with an option for privacy or group excursions, this is the place. Karl L

Room Tip: Luxury overwater bugalows #43 or #50. Stay away from rooms near boat dock area.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Dear Karl L,
Thank you for staying with us and for offering your comments.
It was a pleasure to have you with us and it is great to read that enjoyed your time spent with us.
I am delighted to read that you had a wonderful holiday, and enjoyed the beautiful new spa.
Bexhill-on-Sea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

My wife and i were looking for a complete relaxation break and we found paradise on earth at Pearl Beach Resort in Bora Bora,Tahiti.
The beach bungalow was straight on the white sand and beautiful clear water facing the magnificent mountains.
The room was spacious and had outside secluded shower facility and jacouzy.

Room Tip: Beach bungalow was spacious,clean and beautifully furnished and well decorated.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
DGBorapearlbeach, Directeur général at Bora Bora Pearl Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear Sabreen E E,
I am delighted to read that you had a wonderful holiday, and enjoyed the comfort of your bungalow as well as the facilities throughout our resort.
Portsmouth, NH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Our trip to Bora Bora was amazing! We have been to many tropical places but none were as special as this. We loved the overwater bungalow. It was well appointed and spacious. The food was excellent. We are divers and found the diving here and Rangiroa to be the best diving we have ever done! I highly recommend this hotel! I did not like the look of other bungalows that had solar panels...just didn't look right :) this vacation was worth every bit of money spent!

Room Tip: We did pay the premium to be on the end.....a long walk but we loved the view and a little more priv...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
DGBorapearlbeach, Directeur général at Bora Bora Pearl Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear Scuba-D,
Thank you for staying with us and for offering your comments.
It was a pleasure to have you with us and it is wonderful to read that enjoyed your time spent with us.
David Ballandras

Been to Bora Bora Pearl Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!