“Best place to stay at Bora Bora” 5 of 5 stars

Bora Bora Eden Beach Hotel
2.5 of 5 Resort   |   191 Vaitape | Motu Piti Aau, 98730, French Polynesia   |
Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Bora Bora
Prague, Czech Republic
“Best place to stay at Bora Bora”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

We had the pleasure of staying in Bora Bora Eden beach hotel last week. We are on a trip around the world and so far we stayed in quite a few places but this was by far our favorite. As other reviews said, everything bad you read about this place should be disregarded as there are new owners and they are simply the best. Franta and Natalie will do whatever you will need to make your trip happy and enjoyable, they are extremely friendly and amazing people, they got us the best trip of our lives with sharks and manta rays, we got the best HD video and this all was so cheap that you would never believe you can get these prices on Bora Bora. The place itself is picture from postcards, absolutely stunning view, there was absolutely nothing which would improve our stay there. Having private dinner on their pier was as romantic as it gets, imagine delicious food, full moon, sitting alone in place which seems like its in the middle of Bora Bora lagoon. The food was excellent, different every day and always so good. We suggest that you take either half board or full board package as food can be pretty expensive at Bora Bora island. If you going to Bora Bora and you do not need 5 star hotel, you would be crazy to stay anywhere else than at Eden beach Bora Bora. Even mosquitos were not big deal - for us anyway + if you are sensitive to mosquito bites they have repellents you can use in bungalows. Again the best part are the owners, Franta knows by now half of the island and they are happy to help you with all your needs. We will be most definitely coming back but this time not for week but at least for month :o) Thanks again for everything, we can't wait to come back. David & Andrea.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Papeete, Tahiti
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

The big change - a really chief.
at first I had to stay only 1 night, but once I saw that it is a big difference between the old and the new owners, I even extended. Excellent price, excellent food, great accomodation, I can only recommend.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

First of all, I would like to point out for the future people who are thinking of booking a room in Eden Beach Hotel, NOT TO BE CONCERNED about the dreadful reviews some previous people posted. Maybe the management was really outrageous before but I think in my life I’ve never seen such a hard working team. Franta and Natalie, if I remember well ☺ were looking after us every time we needed something. They are humble, enthusiastic and very professional.
As for the hotel in itself, I literally fell in love! I think it’s one of the most romantic places on earth. You are not packed in a 10-story building with a tiny view on a crowded swimming pool, you enjoy nature in a cosy bungalow, and you can actually hear the sound of nature all the time! (Which means a lot to me)!

But, (there is always a but) the only thing that kind of upset my boyfriend, (I am an adventurer so I am used to it) were the mosquitos. There is a LOT of mosquitos but it is absolutely normal since we live IN the nature and very near to the sea.

Anyway, I’ve been there for 7 days and not even for a moment I felt bored! There is always something to do: snorkelling, swimming WITH dolphins, feeding sharks (ok, they were not that big but still, I was shaking like a baby) and lots more!

I recommend it to EVERYBODY who enjoys nature, discovering, exploring and most of all prefers to be pampered than lost in a huge hotel without spirit.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Pamplona, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I really feel that I have to do this review, reading the reviews prior to the change on the management of the hotel I think that they are not fair for the new changes.

The place is just beautiful, is like a little bit of paradise. The weather did not help the first day but after that it was just incredible. The lagoon is like a huge pool, the color of the water is something that will remain in my mind forever.

The new owners really struggle to make our trip better, they helped us to arrange different things to do like diving or going on a 4x4 around the island. We just asked them what we wanted and they made the necessary calls.

The bungalows were really nice, with a big and comfortable bed and a good bathroom.

The food was AWESOME, we loved all the meals we had, and the raw tuna was just delicious, the breakfast with the fresh fruit and the bread...

The only problem was the mosquitos, the first day we were bitten a lot of times but the owner got us a mosquito spray that worked.

With that price, the attention of the owners, the views, the food and everything, I have to recommend this hotel to everyone, they made our honeymoon excellent, and we will never forget it.

Thanks!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

We stayed 8 nights from 1-8 july. The first 3 nights were horrible. We felt as in a prison because of the poor service, we felt ripped off because everything was so overpriced and we didn't have hot water and during the nights we difn't even had water!! Well, you don't pay €300,- per night for a cabin without water.
After three nightd the management changed. Franta made our honeymoon on the motu a bit better! We had an amazing romantic dinner on the jetty! It was just perfect! He even had a botyle of cheap champagne for a good price.
Franta took us snorkeling, which was great! We saw lots of sharks and stingrays!

Negative:
-felt ripped off by old owners (vlad and dana)
- felt in prison because there was nothing to do and not wanting to pay more to the owners for a simple drop-off in Anau.
- shower had no pressure and was cold, so washing your hair is a pretty hard job.
- cabins are old, only 7 out of 15 can be rent because te others are literaly falling apart.
- half board: searching for someone to get a drink is just not done! Half of the time there was no one who could serve us a drink (which was included). Just poor service.
-mosquitos!
-wifi is way overpriced!
-old owners didn't care at all.

Positive:
- Franta, the new manager, is great!! He is a nice host and he really wants to give you your perfect stay!
- from the day we told Franta about the shower we had nice warm water, also during nighttime.
- snorkling trip @ the shark place
- the food was good. Breakfast was lovely and dinner was nice and a good range of choices. But we always ordered from the menu.
- kanoes are 'free'.

If Frants didn't took over the place, I would definitely not recommend this place. But now I would recommend because the service is good, cabins are okay, the view is stunning and the food is nice.

We made a trip around the world and where glad this wasn't the only place we stayed for our honeymoon, because then it would be turned out in a very sad experience. I would recommend to stay there about 4 nights, because there is literally nothing to do and a little boring. But the snorkling trip and the dinner on the pier in our weddingclothes are one of our best memories of our 10 weeks honeymoon around the world.

• Stayed July 2012
Cheadle Hulme, Cheshire, England
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

I read the last review and that doesn't sit well with the experience my wife and I had. We were also on our honeymoon, we took four weeks to travel around the world (literally) and this hotel was the low spot for us both.
First the good stuff. Franta and his wife were both lovely people and the chef is really good. From what they said they are only managing the place as the owner was there for a couple of days. I really felt that they were trying hard but it will be a long hard process to do so. The owner seemed uncaring (more on that later).
The place is fantastic with views of the island and mountain with amazing views and sunsets. The bungalows are basic but we didn't pay a fortune although it wasn't exactly cheap either. The basic nature was OK but the hot water in our bungalow didn't work.
The water is lovely, although shallow for a long way. Lots of nice things and a beautiful spot in oh so many ways.
So what were the problems? Firstly the place has clearly been neglected by the owners and the past reviews gave a clue about what their agenda was (money). When we found out our shower did not work we had spoken to Franta's wife who said she would sort out a shower for us to use. When we went over to the bar/reception she was not there so we asked the owner - who shrugged said she didn't know and seemed deeply uninterested in trying to help. My wife persisted so she called the chef and he found the wife. We were then shown to the adjacent bungalow to ours to shower - why not offer to move us as it was empty? So our showers meant walking across to the next bungalow every time we wanted one.
The chef made lovely food but the choice was limited (fish mainly). I am OK with that and I had a lot of raw fish (surprising myself) but they seemed unable to get chicken or anything non fish related on their menu.
The last and worst issue may not affect everyone to the same extent but the mosquitos were unbearable. Both of us are susceptible to bites and over the three days both got over 50 bites a piece. We were bitten at night in the bungalow even though we were using the smoke burners they give you and they need to work a way to tackle this. An italian couple were also being bitten although not as badly as us. Other places we stayed in French Polynesia seemed able to handle this problem better - smoking out rooms etc. Let me be clear that being bitten was not the reason for complaining it was being bitten 20 times a day.
I hope the new managers can improve things but hope that this review helps them see what needs to be done here.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Bangor, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

NB: The first thing to note about this hotel is that a new owner took over the operation of the Hotel on 5 July 2012.

My wife and I stayed 10 nights at the Eden Beach Bora Bora for our honeymoon between 8 July 2012 and 18 July 2012, and I have to say that we both had the most AMAZING TIME!!! After having read the reviews of the hotel on tripadvisor, I must admit to being quite nervous before arriving, since the reviews tended to be quite negative. What we found was the complete opposite!! Our honeymoon was absolutely perfect, and Franta (the owner) could not do enough for us.

THE HOTEL & LOCATION
The hotel itself is located on one of the motus surrounding the main island (imagine the bounty island advert, and you're not far off!!) As with many of the hotels on Bora Bora, it is reached by boat from the main island, or from the airport. There are 4 Beach bungalows, and about 6 Garden bungalows. There is a small pool, although this was out of service whilst we were there. This was definitely not an issue though, as the gorgeous warm sea is literally 5 meters away from the pool!! Whilst we were there, Franta explained to us that he was in the process of renovating some areas of the hotel, as there were some parts that he had inherited that didn't quite reach his high standards.

As the hotel is located on a motu, there are neither roads nor shops. The solitude and tranquillity of the hotel was pure heaven!! The hotel is located on the lagoon side of the motu facing, with a lovely view of the Main Island and Mt Otemanu. The beach is clean, and the water is warm and clear. The water is knee high for about 200 meters from the beach, and so it isn’t possible to swim close to the shore. However it is possible to jump off the end of the jetty into deeper water. Also, there are free kayaks available at reception, and I enjoyed nothing more than spending my afternoons on these.

On the Ocean side of the motu, the Pacific Ocean rages against the reef. The ferocity of the waves breaking on ocean side is a complete contrast to the serenity of the lagoon side. My wife and I walked the length of the motu on morning, walking down the Ocean side beach and returning on the lagoon side beach), and it was absolutely gorgeous!!

THE ROOM
We were in Beach Bungalow #4. The room was clean, cosy and cool. It had a comfortable double bed, and enough storage space in the closet for 2 suitcases worth of clothes!! The bathroom was also clean with a big sink and shower, and clean towels and washing facilities (i.e.soap and flannel) were provided daily. Admittedly, the bathroom could do with some modernising, but remember that this is a paradise island, and I don't remember Tom Hanks having a shower on Castaway!! Our room opened out straight onto the beach, and the views from our room were simply breathtaking!!

THE RESTAURANT
OH MY GOD!!! The food was undoubtedly some of the best cuisine I have ever tasted in my life!! The fish was fresh, the steaks were plump and juicy, and the deserts were out of this world!! Francois (the chef) is an absolute magician in the kitchen!! We went to Bloody Mary’s one evening, and the food in the hotel was miles better!! Half way through our stay, Franta explained that the chef had made us a surprise desert (Chocolate souffle), and it was heaven!! Also, there was a coconut cake which was stunning!! On our last night, Francois made us a special Polynesian feast. Suffice to say I didn’t ever want to leave the hotel!!

THE HOSPITALITY
Quite simply, Franta and Dana were the perfect hosts!! I honestly could not fault them for anything at all. They were attentive to our needs, and yet gave us the space to enjoy our honeymoon. They made us feel like we were friends rather than customers.

Overall, I could not recommend this hotel highly enough. We enjoyed the perfect honeymoon were we were welcomed as friends. After talking with a number of the local people around Vaitape and Anau, it became clear that if we were staying in the bigger hotels, we would have been treated like cattle rather than like a couple. So the hotel isn’t a 5* luxury resort with overwater bungalows. GOOD!! The overwater bungalows would spoil the view, and all of the major hotel chains are the same, whether they’re in Bora Bora or Budapest!! The Eden Beach hotel is perfect for intimate, romantic getaways where you can be alone in paradise and enjoy every second.

As it happens, we were there at the same time as the previous reviewer (roland s), and I have to say that I completely disagree with some of his comments. For example, whilst it was true that the hotel relies primarily on solar power for electricity (like the majority of buildings on Bora Bora), this was never an issue for us. The electric and water supply did go off on 2 occasions at the beginning of our stay, but it was for literally 10 minutes both times first thing in the morning, and Franta and Dana were extremely apologetic and worked tirelessly to restore the utilities so that their guests (i.e. my wife and I, and roland s and his wife) were not inconvenienced. Furthermore, Franta explained that a new generator was being installed to ensure this problem did not happen again. Also, regarding the food, I was there on the night that the ‘Sashimi vs Tartare’ episode happened, and I personally find it refreshing when a hotel or restaurant owner is so confident in their food and their chef that they can make recommendations like that. Finally, the day before we were leaving, there was a carpenter working on replacing the decking around the pool (see my earlier comments about Franta renovating some areas of the hotel, as there were some parts that he had inherited that didn't quite reach his high standards).

Unfortunately, my opinion is that there are some overly pessimistic people in the world who cannot appreciate simplicity and natural beauty, which means that they ruin their holiday for themselves. This in turn leads them to paint an overly negative picture (based on their unenthusiastic experiences), which is by no means a true reflection of the paradise they found themselves in.

Thank You, Mau’ururu, Merci, Děkuji and Diolch Franta & Dana for making our honeymoon so very very special!! Words cannot do justice to how much we enjoyed our stay with you, and how beautiful Eden Beach Bora Bora is. We can’t wait to come back to see you!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Bora Bora Eden Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!