“Honeymoon in Paradise!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added Hilton Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Hilton Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   BP 502 Vaitape, 98730, French Polynesia (Formerly Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa)   |
Offers & Announcements
Get your 5th Night FREE
Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Bora Bora
Orange County, California
“Honeymoon in Paradise!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

This resort was literally heaven on earth! My husband and I had an amazing time here and didn't want to leave! The people were very sweet and the views in any direction you turn we're like a dream!
The food was good but I wouldn't say great....we enjoyed the French restaurant and would go there for dinner every night! Our over water bungalow was picture perfect and we enjoyed every minute in it. There were a few downfalls which is why I gave if a 4 out of 5. My husband actually got hurt when feeding the fishes from the side table inside our bungalow....It came slamming down on his head and hand and he was bruised pretty bad....the manager did come and apologize the next day however just offered us a glass of wine to make up for it! I thought that was pretty cheap on his part...and he never really acknowledged the real problem. Those side tables should really have a latch because they are heavy and a huge safety hazard. Secondly their movie selection in the front lobby is pretty sad and they don't have too many new movies. We are adventurers and we had taken a few excursions....the sharks and rays was one the best snorkeling experiences we had ever had. We had gone into the deep waters with 15ft lemon sharks and even saw a huge Manta Ray. The jeep safari and town tour was great too however the hotel had forgotten to pick us up which was so disappointing. We had to find a phone to call over to the hotel and wait for almost an hour for someone to come pick us up...it was sort of scary and disappointing at the same time. When you pay so much money these things just shouldn't happen.
Overall my husband and I were sad to leave and would recommend this resort...it was beautiful! Our honeymoon was amazing....and we miss paradise!

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
JeanGuillaumot, General Manager at Hilton Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Ia Orana PShiggins,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments following your recent stay at the Hilton Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa!

We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at our Resort.

Thank you for informing us of the issue you experienced with the side table when you fed the fishes. Please be assured that this information has been passed on to our Director of Maintenance to find a solution to this issue.

We were pleased to read that you enjoyed the "Sharks and Rays activity". The lagoon safari is indeed an incredible experience!

with regards to the pick up after the Jeep Safari, we do not organize any special pick up after the activity (unless pre-arranged with the concierge). Guests are requested to take our regular shuttles to return to our hotel. We do hope that one of these shuttles did not miss you on the pier on the regular scheduled time.

Once more, thank you for your feedback. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future!

Jean

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (354)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Fairfield, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

We spent three nights in celebration of our 40th wedding anniversary. There were a lot of honeymooners, and everyone was very friendly. I guess that's because Bora Bora is a dream destination/bucket list destination for people.
As we were the last guests to arrive on the late flight from Papeete, we were met by a staff member who escorted us to the Hilton boat. The hostess told us that a group of Chinese who were on some official mission would be joining us, so that's why we waited a few extra minutes. The manager of the hotel, Jean, was on the boat and chatted with us until the Chinese came. At the Hilton we were quickly checked in by a management intern named Martin whom we saw several times during our stay. He drove us to the room in the golfcart, took care of baggage, and showed us the features of the room. Since it was late, he arranged for us to still have a late dinner (we were on the prepaid breakfast/dinner plan.) In the dining room, the head chef-- I sorry, I can't recall his name-- talked to us personally and took the order. He may remember me since I need special meals because of my diabetes. Overall, the staff was one of best I have encountered in my 38 years as a travel agent/group escort. Front desk manger, Mr. Sharma, was so welcoming and helpful during the stay. I would recommend this place for any of my clients. The only other comment I can make is that WiFi is extra-- but why was it even needed? Keep your cell phone at home. You won't really need it except for taking photos. The meal plan was a better deal, but there were supplemental charges for water, tax, and tip. We knew these things going in, so there were no surprises.My wife and I were totally happy in Paradise, so that's why the rave review. Thank you Martin, Anand, Jean the GM, the staff, and the wonderful French chef in the dining room.

Room Tip: We had bungalow 328. Lovely views, not really far from the dining room.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
JeanGuillaumot, General Manager at Hilton Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Ia Orana Agent John!

Thank you very much for your kind feedback following your recent stay at the Hilton Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa!

It was our pleasure to welcome you and your wife at our resort.

Please be assured that I will pass on your words of praise to Anand, Martin and to our Kitchen Team.

Thank you as well for menitoning that our Chef were able to prepare you meals taking in consideration your diabetes. Arnaud, our Executive Chef and his team are used to take any diatery restrictions or allergies in consideration and if need be, will propose special menus to Guests.

Again, thank you for your comments. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back!

Mauruuru Roa

Quartz Hill, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

My husband and I have fantisized about going to Bora-Bora for several years. For our 30th wedding anniversary we decided that it was now or never! I cannot begin to describe how amazing this vacation was. We stayed in a Deluxe over the water bungalow. A chilled bottle of wine was waiting for us in our room. The hotel staff could not have been more accomodating. I'm sorry we did not have the chance to meet the manager Jean as I had read so many wonderful things about him. We did meet so many people from different parts of the United States and shared some wonderful stories. The entire trip I felt like I was dreaming or looking at a beautiful post card. The weather was perfect. We paddle boarded, snorkeled, used the kayaks etc. We also managed to go to the main island a couple of times and did some shopping and had a couple of fantastic dinners at Bora Bora Yaht Club and Bloody Mary's. The only sad time was when we were packing up to retun home. My husband keeps telling me me we will be back on our 35th!

Room Tip: I would definitely recommend staying in one of the over-the water bungalows. While the entire resor...
Dear Djk1984,

Thank you very much for your kind words following your recent stay at the Hilton Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa!

We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay in Paradise!

Thank you very much for mentioning the kindness of our Staff and the pleasure you had in using our free nautical activities.

I regret that I did not get the pleasure of meeting you but who knows, upon your return in 5 years maybe....

Amityville, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

However, the service is not what one would expect given the cost of the place. The location on your own island off coast of Bora Bora is beautiful, but the hotel charges you every time you want to go into town on their private ferry. Over the water bungalow was spectacular (inside and outside) and the cleaning service top notch. Stay there - well worth it!!! Front end manager was very helpful and good ( when he is there). On his days off, no one else to be found to help. Pool service (Oliver) also first rate, as he does EVERYTHING. Many of staff do not speak English, which is not their fault, but there were plenty of people in town who did. The restaurants and bars need help. We are never cheap, especially on vacation. But $23 for a Mai tai in a small plastic cup is a bit much. Prices for everything food and drink related is exorbitant. Which is acceptable when you are getting something for it. But you're not. Happy hour is from 5-6, which is the only time you'll see anyone at the bar. But prices at discount are still manhattan prices. Go into town, buy some booze and bring it to room. Much nicer to sit on over water deck anyway. Breakfast buffet has decent food, but not worth it if u don't get breakfast included package. And the service at breakfast is horrendous. We waited most mornings more than 15 minutes to be seated and served coffee. Dinner and lunch service very good, but again, the choices and prices are prohibitive. Better off going into town and paying $35-40 for the ferry. I would stay here again just for the location and beauty of the hotel. But I was not impressed with the hilton name/service at all.

Room Tip: Definitely pay extra for the over the water bungalow. Worth the extra money!!!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
JeanGuillaumot, Directeur général at Hilton Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear Dr. Howard,

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay at our Resort!

We were pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay in our Hotel even if your comments show that we did not meet all your expectations.

We do hope that this will not deter you from returning to our Hotel so that we can prove oursleves better hosts.

Best regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

The property manager, Jean, seemingly, makes it a point to introduce himself to every guest during their stay, and he ensures that you are enjoying your stay. This was far-and-away the friendliest, warmest resort/hotel staff my wife and I have ever encountered.

The concirege service also was outstanding. Our trip wouldn't have been as great without their help. Taivini in particular will take great care of you and make all your excursions easy and seamless!

Room Tip: We stayed in Bungalow 315. We loved it, but we scouted the property-- because we'd like to event...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
JeanGuillaumot, General Manager at Hilton Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Ia Orana Tom!

We were pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you appreciated the service offered by our team!

Thank you as well for mentioning the assistance you received from Taivini, our new addition to the Concierge's team. We are indeed fortunate to have him in our team!

We look forward to seeing you and your wife back in the near future!

Jean

P.s.: I enjoyed your comments on the meals you had at the Fare Manuia!
Antwerp, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

We stayed 10 days in this resort for our honeymoon and had wonderful holidays. We reserved a deluxe overwater bungalow because we wanted to be sure of the open view of the sea (instead of the land or other bungalows). And we got exactly that. But after a couple of days we realised we never had the sun on our terrace so we asked to switch rooms, which was no problem at all and we got a bungalow on the opposite side of our pier where we had the sun from morning till evening. The staff is used to pampering people, so that is exactly what they do, no question is too much. The decoration of the rooms is traditional and local, as you can see on their website. For lunch there is only one restaurant, for dinner there are 3. So after 10 days we ate all the dishes on all the menu's, twice :-) The French gastronomic restaurant asks for a reservation and is really good. But even though it is named a gastronomic restaurant, do not expect the flawless and formal service that gastronomic restaurant often feature. Even with a reservation, it is still possible you have to wait for another 10 minutes for your table, or they forget the extra bottle of water that you ordered. Some minor flaws that should not ruin the experience.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Ia Orana MisAvDs,

Thank you very much for your kind works following your recent stay at the Hilton Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa!

We are very pleased that you enjoyed your visit at our Resort and that we played our part in the success of your Honeymoon trip!

Thank you very much for mentioning the kindness of our Staff. They are indeed a wonderful team.

Again, thank you for your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

We spent 9 nights at this resort recently. We had the most amazing, relaxing honeymoon that we both dreamed we would have. Our room was an over water bungalow - 330. We read reviews from other people who said rooms 320-340 were spectacular and they weren't wrong. Our room was directly in the path of the sunset. So great and it was also less choppy and windy. The walk was a bit further to reach the restaurants/ beach but it was a beautiful walk. The staff do such an excellent job at maintaining the gardens. The staff at the restaurants, maids, reception and pool boys are also so friendly and also greet you with a smile and welcome.

We loved the snorkelling and the fact that we could just look in the water and see millions of tropical fish right there. The snorkelling just under the reception where they have created the coral is amazing. We did the Motu Tapu excursion (beautiful white pristine beach) jet skiing (a must do experience!) and the lagoon aquarium (swimming with sharks and sting rays - another must do experience).

The food was so great especially on the buffet night. We ate at the grill every other night and were delighted in how tasty everything was and surprisingly not that expensive considering where we were. We went into town on our 2nd day to buy a big 5L water which cost around $5. We also ate at one of the local restaurants - Irene as it cost so much to take a taxi to Bloody Mary's. The buffet in the morning was so delicious.

Another big thank you to Jean, the hotel director whom we met on Motu Tapu. He kindly arranged a bottle of champagne to be delivered to our room for our honeymoon after one not being there when we first arrived.

We did see the other side of the island where the 4 seasons and st Regis and are happy that we stayed at the Hilton. It was resort after resort over the other side which seemed somewhat cramped. The Hilton is on its own side, quiet and peaceful. We are still on a high after our amazing time and feel lucky that we have experienced such a magnificent resort. Well done on your efforts Hilton and we will definitely be seeing you again in the near future.

Room Tip: Bring your own water equipment (blow up boat etc) and snacks Room 330 - directly in the path of the...
Ia Orana Belinda!

We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to play a minor part in the success of your Honeymoon trip!

It was a pleasure meeting you at the Motu Tapu and I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you and your husband back in the near future!

Jean

Been to Hilton Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!