Tahiti is the most beautiful place I've ever seen. And, the stay at the Hilton was the icing on the cake. It looks just like the pictures on their website. Beautiful.
From the moment our plane landed, we were treated like royalty. We were greeted with lovely flower leis when we landed and when we got to the hotel.
Anand and the rest of the staff were so welcoming. We were always greeted with smiles and a Tahitian hello "Orana" even by the staff who were on their way to or from work.
We stayed in an overwater bungalow. It costs more, but it's so worth it. Being able to sleep on the deck, jump into the water from your deck, watch the sunrise from your deck and look through the glass on the floor, end tables and bathroom to see the beautiful fish is priceless.
The first night dancers performed during a delicious buffet dinner. I was mesmerized. Their moves were so beautiful. So, the next day, I mentioned to the manager, John, that he should have a dance class as a resort activity. And, I told him I wanted to make a flower crown for myself like the dancers wore. Without a second thought, he called over a lovely woman named Poema and asked her to set up two classes - one for dancing and one for crown making. The next morning Poema confirmed that our classes were set up. We had a wonderful hour-long lesson with one of the dancers from the previous night - Tauhiti. She was a doll. Then, we had an hour of making so many creative things out of palm leaves. We made baskets, balls, shrimp, plates, crowns, anklets...so much stuff. It was great.
The manager, John, is the best. He's so personable and goes out of his way to make sure each guest feels special. It was my aunt's birthday. He remembered. He had one of the staff outfit her in a pareo. When we got back to our room, there was a delicious birthday cake in the room.
The hotel was very spacious and not crowded.
The food is delicious and they have something for everyone. My aunt and I are pescatarians. When we got to dinner, one of the hostesses immediately approached us told us about the variety of fish dishes they had available that evening and where we could find them in the buffet.
There are two adorable cats on the property. They are very well cared for and very friendly. One even fell asleep on the back of my chair at dinner time. Some people didn't care for them. The staff was very proactive about removing the cats when they presented a problem to any guest.
As far as activities, you can snorkel, kayak and paddle board for free. The equipment was clean and always available. I saw jet skis, but never saw anyone use them. They also have lots of free activities like cocktail making, pareo wrapping, basket weaving, cooking class.
The water was warm and clear. We bought fish food (from the activity desk) and stood in the water and fed the fish. They came up to us and we were able to take some great pictures.
We were very sad to leave. As we left, check out was a breeze. And, we got a pretty shell lei as we boarded the boat to head back home.
Overall, the Hilton was an all-around 5 star. I would definitely stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bora Bora… it’s possibly the most glamorously famous island in the world. Bora Bora’s legends, mysteries and romance lend an almost mystical dimension to its very name. The island rises up from the middle of the crystalline, multi-colored waters of its celebrated lagoon which is protected in turn from the ocean by a string of tiny coral islets.Suspended between turquoise waters and limitless skies, the Hilton Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa nestles in a sacred cove of white sand and majestic lava rock. Here you will find a sensitive blend of authenticity and luxury - the very best of Polynesian tradition combined with sumptuous comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline and Otel so you can book your Hilton Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Bora Bora Nui Hotel Bora Bora
- Hilton Bora Bora Nui Resort And Spa
- Hilton Bora Nui Hotel
- Hilton Bora Nui Resort