“Honeymoon in Bora Bora” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added Hilton Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Hilton Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   BP 502 Vaitape, 98730, French Polynesia (Formerly Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to $150/night
Ranked #8 of 18 hotels in Bora Bora
Red Bank, New Jersey
“Honeymoon in Bora Bora”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

This was the second half of our honeymoon/wedding destination. We stayed for 5 nights in an over the water bungalow. At first we thought the walk to our room was far, but everyday and night it was the best part. The stars in Tahiti are so close and different than any other place I've travelled to.It is paradise and there is not a picture to be found that will give it justice. We could not believe the beauty, service, accommodations and the friendly greetings and the very sad goodbye. We both were emotional at departure....you'll see.! They just make it all so special. Where else can you have a romantic lunch on a private island with white tablecloths and your own bucket of iced wine served on a picnic table under palm trees in the middle of paradise where the sun shines everyday and the water is filled with beautiful fish wherever you turn!!!!

Room Tip: Over the water bungalow
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
JeanGuillaumot, General Manager at Hilton Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear Nanette,

Thank you very much for your feedback! We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at the Hilton Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa.
You are definitely right.....walking back to your bungalow under the stars is a treat!
We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future!
Mauruuru!

1,097 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (304)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Great location but lacking in attention to detail in the following areas given this is a five star hotel:
1. Gym equipment was sub-standard and below par for a five star resort. No fresh water for guests to enjoy while training.
2. Don't advertise free Internet at pool-side if it is non-existent.
3. No 'happy-hour' at all at hotel compared to other Hilton establishments and competitors visited during our trip.
4. Food variety really limited and not comparable to Hilton Moorea which has a lower star accreditation.
5. Glass bottles allowed in pool was not acceptable and a huge safety risk to guests.
6. No conformity in bathroom branded soaps, shampoos, etc. Also, only one bar of soap supplied in the room with dual vanities - definitely does not conform to the standard of a five star hotel.
7. Bar service extremely slow even with this being a quiet time of the year. Hilton Bora Bora should look at their sister operation at Hilton Moorea in order to improve overall guest experience.
8. Even though the welcoming gift of macaroons was a nice touch and greatly appreciated, the package was not securely enough fastened which allowed the local friendly gecko to get inside and enjoy the gift before we did. The same thing happened to our friends who were travelling with us and so we expect this is a common occurrence and thus something management should look into. Needless to say, the macaroons were left untouched by us!

On a positive note, the accommodation in the garden bungalows are beautiful and spotlessly clean. Staff are extremely friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Go for the garden bungalows!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
JeanGuillaumot, General Manager at Hilton Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Esme,

Thank you very much for your review and your suggestions! They are definitely appreciated and will be addressed with the team.

We were pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay in our Garden bungalows...located on the beach, they offer a nice alternative to the over water experience.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future!

San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

My husband and I went to this property in 2009. It had just become a Hilton after being part of the Starwood group for several years. We were actually using Starwood points for our visit which they had no problem accepting. Everyone was gracious and friendly throughout our one-week stay.

It is a fabulous place. Our overwater bungalow was amazing. There was a very nice sitting area, with a welcoming bottle of champagne and snacks; an enormous bathroom with separate rooms for the shower and toilet while the double sinks and huge bathtub were between them. The bedroom was spacious and the bed was comfortable. You step right off of your deck into the water which is warm and clear and filled with fish.

If you look at the pictures, you will see that the grounds are spacious and beautiful. While everything is in easy walking distance, you can call for a golf cart to pick you up and they will be there very quickly. I had a bad ankle and used this service all the time.

I had a wonderful massage.

I love the tropics and have been to Cayman several times, Atlantis, Moorea, and Tikehau. Bora Bora was a dream come true. While snorkeling 10 yards or so off the shore, I swam with an octopus for 30 minutes, saw an eel swimming, and thousands of fish. I no longer scuba but I am sure it is fabulous there as well.

The restaurant was only decent. We wanted to go to the Jean Georges restaurant at the St. Regis but could not get reservations. I highly recommend it but you must get reservations way in advance because it is extremely popular (also of course extremely expensive) but the food is worth it. We went to Bloody Mary's just because you kind of have to but it was nothing special. We took a tour of the island in a Jeep which was a lot of fun. We also had dinner one night at the Yacht Club which was very nice.

We booked our stay on Bora Bora through Starwood and then used a travel agent for our flight and stay on Tikehau. We chose that island because Jacques Cousteau said it had the highest proportion of fish to water of any place and I love to snorkel. The travel agent recommended we go to Tikehau first because she knew the Bora Bora property was going to be so much nicer and we would be disappointed if the second-place was not at least the same quality as the first . She was right. However, she did not make it clear that we were going to lose a whole day traveling from Tikehau to Bora Bora. If you are planning to visit more than one island in French Polynesia, make sure you can get from one to another quickly. Combining Moorea and Bora Bora works very well.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Travellove,

Ia Orana!

Thank you for your review! We loved your comments and shared them with our team! Am I mistaken when I read that your last experience at the resort goes back to 2009? if I read correctly, it is then time to come back and experience once again the beauty of Bora Bora, the kindness of Polynesian People and the interesting Polynesian Culture!

We look forward to welcome you back!

Mauruuru Roa!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Spent a few days chilling in the Presidents Overwater Villa, dipping my toes in the sea while eating fish curry and sipping on a Flaming Lamborghini. This is heaven!
Went scuba diving and made some new friends in the water. My armbands kept losing air but the colours are amazing.

Got to wake my ladies up now as our private jet leaves in a few hours and they still haven't packed my bags.

I will be back!
I have marked my spot!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mynz,

Thank you very much for your review!

We were pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at the Hilton Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa!

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to our property....please contact me directly the next time you return so that I can organize the helicopter pick up at the Bora Bora Airport!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Just checked out of the Hilton. It was a very good experience and it was a beautiful place to spend our honeymoon. Starting off the staff are very friendly and very helpful. Everyone is just so sweet and polite. The resort got it all, you can book all the bora bora excursions in the lobby area! The activities hut near the hotel is a must go, you can speak to Oliver there and book the free hobbie cat ride and also from there to pick up the kayaks etc. the spa is just Perfect! The food wasn't thattt good but the breakfast was perfect. There is free Internet in the lobby and they have their business center! The rooms are a bit quite old but they were great and the bed was very comfortable. A big disappointment was that I booked through a travel agent in Lebanon where I live and my credit card wasn't ready so impossible to book through Hilton.com so I just paid it all cash in the agency. They did not add my nights to my hhonours account while other hotels added for my wife loyalty program accounts she has with other hotels even if she booked not through online. Anyway, it was a great experience, it was a beautiful stay. Hope you all enjoy your stay as well! Happy planning!

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Rami,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review. We appreciate your feedback and will share your comments with the team!

Thank you as well for your good words on Olivier! We are indeed fortunate to have him as part of our team!

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Hilton Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa in the near future!

General Manger
Libertyville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

There really is no place in the world like Bora Bora. It is so beautiful. Staying in an overwater bungalow is like nothing else. We loved our room and our deck. There was lizard poop in the room, which is gross, but I felt forewarned by Trip Advisor so I tried to get over it. And the bed has a canopy so it doesn't fall on you while you're sleeping. Our bungalow was the last one in our row so we had a lot of privacy (don't forget to look up at the stars at night). We liked the pool, the boats and the snorkeling. As soon as you get there sign up for the free hobie-cat tour at the pool. We did the Costco Travel excursion for Shark and Ray feeding. It was incredible! Highly recommend. The downside of the Hilton is that we didn't like the food at all and we didn't have a good experience with the service at the location. Practically every meal was annoying and disappointing. It kind of put a damper on this leg of our trip. But it was Bora Bora, the awesome room and location made up for it. We did the million dollar view massages. This was also so relaxing and something you can only experience here. Highly recommend. Also we paid for the dinner on the beach but it got rained out and moved to the gazebo. The food was mostly terrible. But it was still super beautiful and we had a really special romantic time together celebrating our honeymoon. I'd say if you are in Moorea - do the romantic dinner there because the food and service will be better. I think next time we'll still do Moorea and Bora Bora, however I think I'll look into a different resort for our next stay. We booked the whole trip through Costco Travel and felt like we got a good deal and the travel (ferry, planes, buses, boats) was simple and taken care of through them. On a side note we traveled at the end of April it rained ever night about 5:00pm to 8:00pm give or take and the sun went down around 6:00pm. Not sure if there is a better time of year to go. Just saying. Bora Bora was very humid and had tons of mosquitoes. Bring bug spray.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Mary,

Thank you very much for taking the time to send us your feedback. I was pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us even if your comments show that we still have room for improvement.....I was particularly sorry to learn that you did not enjoy the food in our resort.
I do hope that this will not deter you to visit us again. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly the next time you visit Bora Bora. I would be pleased to handle your reservation personally and ensure your well-being.
Mauruuru!
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

My husband and I spent 7 nights here and it far exceeded our expectations. We had read that there were some rooms with exceptional views so we went to the front desk to ask about getting one of those rooms. He informed us that they were already booked, but told us that we could upgrade to the royal suite or presidential suite for some nights instead. My husband is a Hilton Honors Diamond member so he explained that while you cant use your points to upgrade to the rooms, if you paid to upgrade, you would receive double points for upgrading. It was expensive to upgrade to them, but we dont regret the decision at all. We stayed for 2 nights in the OWB royal suite, 2 nights in the standard OWB, and the final night in the OWB presidential suite. We loved having different views each night. Some had excellent views of the mountain, some of the sunset, some had better access to snorkeling, but all of them were wonderful inside!
We used AAA travel agency to book our honeymoon and she got travel to and from the airports included, as well as breakfast and dinners included. After hearing about everybody say the airport transport and meals were expensive, this was a huge relief for us not to have to worry about it.
We used the hotel to book our excursions, and yes, they were expensive, but we had friends who stayed at another hotel there and they did not enjoy their cheaper excursions. So we realized it was worth the extra price to get better things to do.
In all of the rooms they have this song that plays in heavy rotation on the tv. I asked the front desk what the song was because I liked it, and no one knew what I was talking about. If any one knows what I'm talking about please let me know!

Room Tip: Ask! If we had not talked to the front desk about different rooms, we would have never known you co...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Allie,

Ia Orana!

Thank you very much for your comments! I was pleased to read that you had the opportunity to experience the different views offered by our accomodations over water! You however have missed the view you get from our bungallows over the hill! Incredible view from higher up of the whole coast at a 180 degrees!

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back and will keep on searching the name of your, now, favorite song!

Mauruuru Roa!

Jean Guillaumot

Been to Hilton Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!