Great location but lacking in attention to detail in the following areas given this is a five star hotel:
1. Gym equipment was sub-standard and below par for a five star resort. No fresh water for guests to enjoy while training.
2. Don't advertise free Internet at pool-side if it is non-existent.
3. No 'happy-hour' at all at hotel compared to other Hilton establishments and competitors visited during our trip.
4. Food variety really limited and not comparable to Hilton Moorea which has a lower star accreditation.
5. Glass bottles allowed in pool was not acceptable and a huge safety risk to guests.
6. No conformity in bathroom branded soaps, shampoos, etc. Also, only one bar of soap supplied in the room with dual vanities - definitely does not conform to the standard of a five star hotel.
7. Bar service extremely slow even with this being a quiet time of the year. Hilton Bora Bora should look at their sister operation at Hilton Moorea in order to improve overall guest experience.
8. Even though the welcoming gift of macaroons was a nice touch and greatly appreciated, the package was not securely enough fastened which allowed the local friendly gecko to get inside and enjoy the gift before we did. The same thing happened to our friends who were travelling with us and so we expect this is a common occurrence and thus something management should look into. Needless to say, the macaroons were left untouched by us!
On a positive note, the accommodation in the garden bungalows are beautiful and spotlessly clean. Staff are extremely friendly and helpful.