“Not a perfect stay, but still an amazing experience. Will return to Bora Bora.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa

You added Hilton Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Hilton Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   BP 502 Vaitape | BP 502 Vaitape, 98730, French Polynesia (Formerly Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Get your 5th Night FREE
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Bora Bora
Libertyville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

There really is no place in the world like Bora Bora. It is so beautiful. Staying in an overwater bungalow is like nothing else. We loved our room and our deck. There was lizard poop in the room, which is gross, but I felt forewarned by Trip Advisor so I tried to get over it. And the bed has a canopy so it doesn't fall on you while you're sleeping. Our bungalow was the last one in our row so we had a lot of privacy (don't forget to look up at the stars at night). We liked the pool, the boats and the snorkeling. As soon as you get there sign up for the free hobie-cat tour at the pool. We did the Costco Travel excursion for Shark and Ray feeding. It was incredible! Highly recommend. The downside of the Hilton is that we didn't like the food at all and we didn't have a good experience with the service at the location. Practically every meal was annoying and disappointing. It kind of put a damper on this leg of our trip. But it was Bora Bora, the awesome room and location made up for it. We did the million dollar view massages. This was also so relaxing and something you can only experience here. Highly recommend. Also we paid for the dinner on the beach but it got rained out and moved to the gazebo. The food was mostly terrible. But it was still super beautiful and we had a really special romantic time together celebrating our honeymoon. I'd say if you are in Moorea - do the romantic dinner there because the food and service will be better. I think next time we'll still do Moorea and Bora Bora, however I think I'll look into a different resort for our next stay. We booked the whole trip through Costco Travel and felt like we got a good deal and the travel (ferry, planes, buses, boats) was simple and taken care of through them. On a side note we traveled at the end of April it rained ever night about 5:00pm to 8:00pm give or take and the sun went down around 6:00pm. Not sure if there is a better time of year to go. Just saying. Bora Bora was very humid and had tons of mosquitoes. Bring bug spray.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Mary S
JeanGuillaumot, General Manager at Hilton Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear Mary,

Thank you very much for taking the time to send us your feedback. I was pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us even if your comments show that we still have room for improvement.....I was particularly sorry to learn that you did not enjoy the food in our resort.
I do hope that this will not deter you to visit us again. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly the next time you visit Bora Bora. I would be pleased to handle your reservation personally and ensure your well-being.
Mauruuru!

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

My husband and I spent 7 nights here and it far exceeded our expectations. We had read that there were some rooms with exceptional views so we went to the front desk to ask about getting one of those rooms. He informed us that they were already booked, but told us that we could upgrade to the royal suite or presidential suite for some nights instead. My husband is a Hilton Honors Diamond member so he explained that while you cant use your points to upgrade to the rooms, if you paid to upgrade, you would receive double points for upgrading. It was expensive to upgrade to them, but we dont regret the decision at all. We stayed for 2 nights in the OWB royal suite, 2 nights in the standard OWB, and the final night in the OWB presidential suite. We loved having different views each night. Some had excellent views of the mountain, some of the sunset, some had better access to snorkeling, but all of them were wonderful inside!
We used AAA travel agency to book our honeymoon and she got travel to and from the airports included, as well as breakfast and dinners included. After hearing about everybody say the airport transport and meals were expensive, this was a huge relief for us not to have to worry about it.
We used the hotel to book our excursions, and yes, they were expensive, but we had friends who stayed at another hotel there and they did not enjoy their cheaper excursions. So we realized it was worth the extra price to get better things to do.
In all of the rooms they have this song that plays in heavy rotation on the tv. I asked the front desk what the song was because I liked it, and no one knew what I was talking about. If any one knows what I'm talking about please let me know!

Room Tip: Ask! If we had not talked to the front desk about different rooms, we would have never known you co...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
JeanGuillaumot, General Manager at Hilton Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Allie,

Ia Orana!

Thank you very much for your comments! I was pleased to read that you had the opportunity to experience the different views offered by our accomodations over water! You however have missed the view you get from our bungallows over the hill! Incredible view from higher up of the whole coast at a 180 degrees!

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back and will keep on searching the name of your, now, favorite song!

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

We went here for our honeymoon and spent 8 nights and could not have been happier. I literally almost cried when we left.

We did our research before going so we understood that drinks etc would be expensive, so were not surprised or disappointed by this. Sometimes the service was a bit slow, but we had also anticipated we'd be on what we refer to as 'island time' in Bora Bora, so we were happy to wait longer than we would in Sydney for drinks etc to be delivered. It's not like we had anywhere to rush off to anyway, and the view is so amazing from every point on the island that it's really not a hardship to wait a bit longer than you would in every day life.

The resort is wonderful, the staff are friendly and for the most part the service is great, even if it does take a bit longer than in a big city. Our over water bungalow was spacious and fabulous, the beauty of the water and resort surrounds defy belief and the inclusion of free water activities was an added bonus and another way to enjoy the scenery and marine life.

We thought the food was great - we booked half board so our breakfast and dinner was included every day so we just paid for drinks and lunch if we wanted it, but often we indulged so much at the awesome breakfast buffet we didn't need to eat again until dinner. The 3 restaurant options were all great and it seems no expense is spared when you look at the chef's use of ingredients such as lobster, seafood and truffles. Not everything was to our taste, but that doesn't mean it wasn't good! I imagine if you didn't book the meal plan then eating at the hotel regularly would be expensive, but as our dinners were included (3 courses each night), we thought it was great. The steaks and burgers were especially good - these guys know how to cook a steak which we often struggle to find in Sydney!! The buffet nights were great, even if they did incur an additional cost, and the quality of the food at these nights was beyond any buffet we have experienced - I have to admit we flinched a bit at the thought of a buffet dinner before we attended, but the quality was wonderful. The entertainment was also great - the acoustic band and singer were so talented, and who doesn't love a Coldplay cover when it's done well?!

I cannot stop raving about this holiday to everyone and I think those people with negative comments need to slow down and take stock of where they were and what they've experienced for what it is - it's an island holiday, possibly the most beautiful island in the world - not a trip to NYC! - set your sights accordingly and enjoy this place rather than letting irrelevant irks ruin what is a dream holiday.

This was without a doubt one of the best holidays either of us have ever had, and that makes settling back into every day life pretty difficult!

Room Tip: Our overwater bungalow was fabulous - it was at the end of boardwalk so had great morning sun but th...
Dear Jane,

Ia Orana!

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review. We very much appreciate it! Please be assured that your comments will be shared with the team!

Pleased to read as well that you enjoyed our restaurants! Did you get a chance to try the Upa Upa Restaurant? They offer an incredible Tuna Tampura with green papaya or an amazing Prawn curry!

Congratulations for your wedding and we look forward to the pleasure of wecoming you back for your one year anniversary!

The Woodlands, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Magical, paradise-like surroundings, excellent accommodations! On the negative side, don't go there for a culinary experience; the food sucks, which is actually not at all common to the Hilton quality offered at other locations.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Claus,

Ia Orana!

Thank you very much for your review. We were very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at the Hilton Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa!

I was sorry to hear that you did not enjoyed the food proposed at the hotel. Being new in the property, may I trouble you by asking you if there was anything in particular you were looking for?

Again, thank you for your comments. I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back!

Hillsboro, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

The resort is much more than I envisioned. The coral reef was under our cottage. The view from our room was the best. We walked the whole resort and every where we went I could not believe how beautiful the resort/island was.
The room/cottage was amazing, the weather was beautiful we did not need the A/C.
My wife is wondering when will be back again.

Room Tip: The meals are very pricey, they charge for everything. The boat ride to and from the hotel is an ext...
Dear George,

Ia Orana!

Thank you very much for your review! We were pleased to read you enjoyed your stay and that your wife was delighted with your birthday gift!

Please ask your wife to contact me directly and I will handle your next reservation personally!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

It was a tough decision choosing our resort to bora bora. In the end, between being hilton gold members and the best value per dollar the hilton bora bora was our selection. The grounds were very nice and views fantastic. I will have to say after doing research and making some phone calls we were able to get room 107 the royal overwater villa. It had a ridiculous view of the water and a great view of the mountain. I thought the food was overall very good(but expensive). I highly recommend bringing your own spirits to the island or you will be shelling out quite a bit. I thought the spa was very relaxing and the views as well. I highly recommend visiting the island. One of our favorite restaurants to this day was La Villa Mahana. Its a very elegant french restaurant. My wife and I dressed well to this restaurant but we were embarrassed to see people walk in this place with teeshirts and flip flops. Reservations are highly recommended.

I thought that the rooms at the hilton were good but maybe not as much compared to the st regis and four seasons. The room we stayed in had areas of glass see through floors and a large deck but I think the hot tub needed to be updated. Also breakfast was excellent but make sure you are a gold hilton member so you can get free breakfast during your stay.

The staff was helpful and never had any issues. We were greeted warmly and setting up activities was never a problem. I highly recommend jet skiing and swimming with the sharks!

To sum up the hilton bora bora was a very nice experience! If you can,1) I recommend room 107, 2) buy alcohol and bring on plane before you get there, 3)check out the main land,4) La Villa Mahana, 5) become a hilton gold member for free breakfast, 6)JET ski and swim with the sharks!

Room Tip: 107! the best room on the resort
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank Nicholas W
Dear Nicholas,

Ia Orana!

Thank you very much for your review. We were pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and more importantly your Honeymoon! Again, congratulations!

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back for perhaps, your one year anniversary!

Mauruuru Roa

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

First I must give props to Jackie at CustomTahiti Travel she is the best, my check ins, transfers, were flawless and the Bday bottles of wine and liitle gifts they sent me were great.

Okay I may be all over the place while typing this so forgive me now..... I went to Moorea and Bora Bora for my 45th Bday with my sister inlaw and my trip was awesome...we started in Moorea for 3 days arrived in Bora Bora on Aug 14 for 4 days ..... I must say I had my ears up from a lot of the comments I read before the trip and I will say this you are in another country you are there to see how they live and enjoy the scenery... so the fast paced life we live in the USA don't even go there expecting it you will be mad once or twice some things were slow but I had no where to be so why get upset.. we had the meal plan B'fast and dinner the food was good to me but I am not hard to please Bfast is a buffet with cooking station yes the same things were served every day but I just chaged up some things and I was fine had dinner at the place that starts with a "I" food was good and on Friday they had some buffet OMG that was the best...My bday night we went to Villa Mahana great experience..... the towel guy was also the pool waiter so sometime there was a delay with those services but if another employee came by they would step in... no issues with hotel staff all were friendly..... we stayed in OTWB #118 water was about 10 ft deep we had good snorkling cause we would bring bread back every day and feed the fish off our deck so a lot of the fish hung out around our spot even got a shark and ray to visit.....we did a 4x4 jeep tour with Vavau Adventures Juliano was our guide it was just us and another couple so we got a real personnal tour and lots info about the island and its people and history....Our Shark and Ray tour was with Lagoon services and Eric was great saw lots of rays and sharks the coral gardens were beautiful and I even came face to face with a large eel we scared each other....I highly recommend the love boat photo shoot Dameion was great and me and sis were able to have some great pics of us together you don't have to be a newly wed to enjoy this and this will be your only chance to drink champagne from a coconut shell in the middle of the ocean I mean standing in the middle. Oh and we had sun most of the day on our deck...I would do the Hilton again if I go back also the hilton is the easy to get to the mainland from..Oh and as said before this is not a party place things are shut down by 10pm

Tips:
If you have to fly on Air Tahiti watch the weight of your luggage the 20kgs or 44lbs is for two bags combine total weight that is if you ticket is Y class... so ask your agent to get you Zclass and that will give you 50kgs or 110 lbs not sure if there is a extra cost.

I am with Bank of america they will send you XPF to your home or a branch near you...I read to much mess about exchange on here and that was so easy to do and what ever you have left you just deposit back into your account.... also its best to use their money and credit cards you be charged a extra 10% for using USD in the few places that take cause it is hard for them to exchange it.

we took some blow up pool floats tried some string to them and the other end to the deck so we were able to float in the ocean without drifting away.

there is free wifi in the lobby and on one computer in the library both can be very slow at times.

Room Tip: OTWB #118 approx 10ft deep good sun 3-5 min walk to pool and food no matter where you stay the walk...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Ctate
Ia Orana Ctate!

Thank you very much for your review! We were very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at the Hilton Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa and that you celebrated an incredible birthday in our Property.

Thank you as well for the detailed review of your activities while on the island. They will be very useful to our Guests and Readers.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future!

In the meantime, Mauruuru Roa!