We are 30-something, honeymooners that just travelled to Tahiti September 2012. We did a 5 day stay at the Hilton Moorea and then 5 days at the Hilton Bora Bora (package through CustomTahiti.com). You can check out our review on Moorea.
We absolutely LOVED our honeymoon. Pushing any small issues aside, this was truly exotic! We paid for the exotic views, overwater bungalows and the amazing blue waters and reefs that I have not seen in the Caribbean.
Speaking to several couples, some liked Bora Bora more and others Moorea. All depends on what you prefer. Bora Bora Hilton is its own island that you must take a ferry to get to where as Moorea was a large island with several resorts. Visually it is stunning! The service and food I found to be 3-4 stars. This is skewed as we had a bad service experience over one dinner. For the most part, everything was awesome, we just preferred the Moorea service and food. We did most excursions on Moorea, so we cannot really comment on Bora Bora's. I assume they are similar.
The overwater bungalows were much larger than the ones in Moorea, but a little older in my opinion. You actually felt like you rented a cottage as they are that large. The decks were perfect for sunbathing, reading or playing cards. The lower decks were clear of coral on one side so you can jump in and go swimming, while the other side if full of coral and tonnnes of sea life!
We ate all breakfasts at the main buffet (we had a breakfast and dinner meal plan) and they were relaxing and tasty. I still prefered the selection at Moorea's breakfast. We ate dinner at the main Grill and the Iriati resaurant twice. The grill has many options and you leave full. Iriati has a more fancy atmosphere and menu. The food is tasty, but as fine dining goes, portion sizes are smaller and picky eaters may not appreciate all the food. Service is slowed as well in this location.
Overall, other than our camera dying after three days (a back-up camera is recommended..lol), we had the best vacation ever! We likely will not go back for several years due to the cost and distance, but this is a honeymoon we will never forget!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bora Bora… it’s possibly the most glamorously famous island in the world. Bora Bora’s legends, mysteries and romance lend an almost mystical dimension to its very name. The island rises up from the middle of the crystalline, multi-colored waters of its celebrated lagoon which is protected in turn from the ocean by a string of tiny coral islets.Suspended between turquoise waters and limitless skies, the Hilton Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa nestles in a sacred cove of white sand and majestic lava rock. Here you will find a sensitive blend of authenticity and luxury - the very best of Polynesian tradition combined with sumptuous comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo, Cheap Tickets and Hotels.com so you can book your Hilton Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Bora Bora Nui Hotel Bora Bora
- Hilton Bora Bora Nui Resort And Spa
- Hilton Bora Nui Hotel
- Hilton Bora Nui Resort