We celebrated our engagement at this gorgeous resort. It rained throughout most of our trip, but we had an amazing time nonetheless. The beauty of the resort and surrounding islands cannot be overstated. The water is shades of blue we've never seen! The resort is large but quiet and feels extremely private. Perfect for honeymoons or other romantic trips! We received outstanding customer service and felt special throughout our stay, though it is worth noting that we hold Hilton Diamond status. Bora Bora is a world-class destination worth the splurge.
Our Room: We had an overwater bungalow (room 326), which was very private and had sunset views and shallow water for snorkeling. The bungalows are very large and beautiful, with several viewing panels in the floor. Each overwater bungalow has its own deck and overwater dock for direct snorkeling/swimming access. Note: Bungalow 326 and those around it are a fairly long walk from reception, but the resort will send a golf cart to pick you up.
The Resort: Completely secluded, has outstanding amenities (two restaurants, bar, gym, spa, etc.), a beautiful infinity pool, and offers recreational equipment (snorkeling gear, paddle boats, sail boats, etc.) free of charge. Everything is very well maintained -- clean and pristine, gorgeous grounds. We were surprised by the size of the resort -- it is not exactly a small boutique hotel. But we found the resort and service very quiet and personal.
Customer Service: Our greeting at reception was lovely and personal -- the hotel staff knew who we were and had our paperwork ready to go upon arrival (no waiting). Our bags were already in our room when we arrived (see below). One of our bags went missing at the Bora Bora airport, but the hotel tracked it down for us and delivered it to our room on the evening of our arrival. The activities desk was great -- they booked our lagoon tour and SCUBA diving, and made dinner reservations for us in town. Top notch all around.
A few cost saving tips (for those interested) -- everything in Bora Bora is quite pricey:
Transportation: We opted to take the free local boat from the airport to town, then the free Hilton shuttle boat from town to the resort (rather than the Hilton shuttle from the airport directly to the resort). This was VERY easy and cost-effective. The Hilton airport reps took our bags and had them waiting in our room when we arrived. They also provided a city map and directions to the Hilton shuttle. The airport shuttle drops you at the main city dock; the Hilton shuttle leaves just a few blocks away. There is also a supermarket near both docks where you can stock up on water, drinks (including alcohol/wine), and snacks.
Food: As with most resorts, the Hilton food is quiet expensive. The buffet breakfast is great (and complimentary with Diamond status). We ate dinner in the less formal restaurant our first night -- the service and food were very good. We also had a nice lunch delivered from the less formal restaurant to the beach on our final day. We recommend stocking up on water and other treats in town (see above) to save money.
Activities: We highly recommend taking a lagoon tour. We booked through the hotel -- it is more expensive than booking yourself, but they picked us up and dropped us off at the resort (it's a personal call whether that is worth the extra expense). Our guide was excellent; we had a fantastic time snorkeling and swimming with the sting rays and reef sharks. SCUBA diving is nice with outstanding visibility. We saw spotted rays, eagle rays, sharks, etc. But we've had better dives in other countries (not a must-do).
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Bora Bora Nui Hotel Bora Bora
- Hilton Bora Bora Nui Hotel
- Hilton Bora Bora Nui Resort And Spa
- Hilton Bora Nui Hotel
- Hilton Bora Nui Resort
- Bora Bora Nui
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bora Bora… it’s possibly the most glamorously famous island in the world. Bora Bora’s legends, mysteries and romance lend an almost mystical dimension to its very name. The island rises up from the middle of the crystalline, multi-colored waters of its celebrated lagoon which is protected in turn from the ocean by a string of tiny coral islets.Suspended between turquoise waters and limitless skies, the Hilton Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa nestles in a sacred cove of white sand and majestic lava rock. Here you will find a sensitive blend of authenticity and luxury - the very best of Polynesian tradition combined with sumptuous comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Tingo, Expedia, Priceline and Venere so you can book your Hilton Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.