What a beautiful island and hotel location. We had an overwater bungalow with the clear panels to see the water below. It was simply amazing. The decor of the room was modern Polynesian. And every night the maid came by and turned down your bed. The water of the lagoon is very clear, but I found the sand hard to walk on at times, due to broken shells and rocks. There is another small lagoon that has a lot of fish in it that you can snorkel in. It is a good spot for beginners. The hotel also has a Turtle sanctuary in the back. We even got to see them release a turtle while we were there. It was very special.
There are two restaurants to eat at there. One is only buffets, different every night and the other is a small Italian restaurant during the night which is a la carte. The menu here does not change. Be prepared for the high cost of the meals as you are on an island. So here is what we realized ans will do when we go back. The day after you get to the hotel, you, should book a water taxi to take you to town. Once there you have some time to look around and get some money from ATM's if needed. Then before the boat comes back to pick you up, go to the Super U supermarket and buy some snacks, drinks and whatever you need to hold you over so you don't have to buy lunch as well. Another idea was, if you had to buy lunch, the buy a pizza at lunch and split it. I also would take some fruit from the breakfast buffet to snack on.
The hotel has lots of activities you can do for free, like kayaking and snorkeling, but the rest you need to pay for. All in all,we had a great time. You just need to be prepared for the cost of things.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Bora Bora Hotel
- Le Meridien Bora Bora Hotel Bora Bora
- Le Meridien Bora
- Bora Le Meridien
- Le Meridian Bora Bora
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Meridien Bora Bora is a luxury resort set on an islet surrounded by the most beautiful lagoon in the world. Our resort offers guests a contemporary design blended with Polynesian culture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Splendia, Orbitz, Otel, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Le Meridien Bora Bora reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.